“Mt. Tapyas”

57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Mt. Tapyas”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I went up this mountain twice while I was in Coron. The first time, it was really just to catch the sunset. The second time, I was with a friend and we went around the mountain. The rolling hills made you feel like singing "The Sound of Music". We didn't have a tour guide, except for a boy selling drinks. He showed us all the best places to view the sunset and the history surrounding Mt. Tapyas. He even took some of our best photos for us.

Visited August 2012

• Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Wonderful sunset view of Coron!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

700 steps to the top! I like hiking so I did it twice. The view from the top is wonderful! There are tricycles waiting for you after the trek. Consider going to Maquinit Hot Springs after. They will take you there for P300, roundtrip.

Miami Beach, Florida
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“TIRING!”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Get ready for a workout! 724 stairs to the top. My legs were sore for days, good thing massages are so cheap in Coron. It's definitely rewarding once you get to the top. Amazing view!

Visited September 2012
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“amazing climb!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I thought that I would faint or somehow would feel really really really exhausted that my head would explode from heat and tiredness but to my surprise.. I made it to the top, sweaty and still energized! wow! i guess when i quit smoking, my overall health has improved! ;) and the view on top was really breathtaking! It was rather hard going down than climbing up because I have the feeling of stumbling down. :P

25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Bathed in sweat”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

With its 700+ steps, get ready to bathe in your own sweat! it's gonna be a long way to the top. This reminds me of Mt. Samat in Bataan but without the elevator inside the cross and a parking on top. Don't forget to bring water with you! You'll get dehydrated. You will see the whole island from here. Amazing sunset. Definitely worth the hike.