“Good Food”

Coron, Philippines
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

At Brunos, you always get a great special service. They serve the best food in town.

• Korean first
  • Slovak first
Takahashi, Japan
“super tasty”
Reviewed January 14, 2012

We went here on a recommendation from a couple of people who worked at Sea Dive as one of the best places to eat - and a place with good sausage. They were right. It was one of the best places to eat.
The place is kinda small, so tables fill up really fast during meal times, but their mangorum drink and their chili are super tasty.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Jessica S
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent!!!”
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Someone recommended that we go to Bistro Coron, and I'm thankful for that recommendation. I believe that the owner is French because the cuisine has that flare about it. The food was absolutely delicious the two times that we dined there. I highly recommend you try their stakes with the different sauces (pepper, mushroom, etc). When one of the diners recommended it to me, I hesitated wondering why I would eat beef on an island where fish is a specialty. I'm glad that I ordered it because from wherever they order the beef, it's so tasty. They also prepare it very well. I highly recommend visiting it for a nice evening out. My only recommendation is that the decorations should be upgraded to reflect the quality of the food.

Visited November 2011
Manila
“Over-rated”
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Bistro Coron fell short of my expectations. The food was nowhere near the supposedly quality as described by some. The pasta bolognese and pasta carbonara were nothing close to what these dishes were supposed to taste. The topping of the tuna calamari pizza was a little bit on the wet side, diminishing the taste of the melted mozzarella. The space utililization of the restaurant is awful, with a pool
table dominating the already limited interior space of the place. The plastic chairs should go as these are incongruous with the label "bistro". The only plus factor was the very courteous staff who waited on our table.

2 Thank pokster
Manila, Philippines
“Greatest coastal area pizza, ever!”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I've been to Coron a dozen times and I didn't prefer to eat here because of how the place looks. Until, I heard about their pizza and tried it personally. Now, every time I pass through Coron their pizza seems a must.

And no, the pizza is not seafood, it's just a typical non-Filipino pizza but it is great. Plainly great.

Cons are: food preparation takes some time; the owner (I presume), who is Swiss/German/European in general, isn't very friendly and accommodating. He doesn't talk much to guests and just sit in one corner waiting for orders (he cooks, I think); and the place isn't very inviting. Just the pizza.

• Visited September 2011