“Great View and That's About It!Waste of Money!”

La Sirenetta Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #8 of 85 Restaurants in Coron
Cuisines: Filipino, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Coron Town is saved by the views and La Sirenetta fooled potential customers because of its location. This restaurant was a big disappointment. Unattentive waitress, not to mention clumsy--she dropped by fork twice--in our table and to the next. As soon as you enter the restaurant the waitress seem to be not interested to see you and keep on chatting to themselves. I had pineapple fried rice--big chuncks of pineapple of pieces of chicken which I think should be cut into a smaller pieces. The tiger prawns in garlic was served by chunks of garlic and half-cooked at that which leave a bad taste to your mouth.Watermelon shake should be mixed with a bit of sugar, or honey and ice--not milk! Serving of food takes longer than usual. And Php60 for a instant Lipton hot tea was a ripped off.

The most expensive meal I had in Coron--and definitely not worth it.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

An eccentric menu (not to mention the interior) containing Filipino, other Asian, European and American dishes complete with photos of the dishes leads you to expect less-than-average food, but as a matter of fact, it's excellent. Lemon shrimp pasta was perfectly al dente (rare in this country!) with well-balanced tastes, hummus and pita were on par with European Mediterranean restaurants. Service was good and price was fair. Recommended!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

The food was average. They had my choice of gin (Bombay) which made me and other members in my group very satisified. They have a pool table but I never got a chance to try it out (the pool table at Helldivers Bar was our local table). Prices are above average.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

When we arrived at this restaurant the place was full and there were no spare tables for us. We were asked to sit at the bar and wait for a table to become free. Luckily we recognised a group from our island hopping excursion from that day and we added some chairs and joined them. They told us this place makes the best and the cheapest cocktails. As I am a beer drinker I didnt try any of the cocktails.

I agree with previous reviewers that service is a bit slow and meals do take some time to arrive. Even getting a beer was a challenge at times.

When our meals of Ginger Chicken Stir Fry and Chips & Sweet & Sour Fish finally arrived we werent disappointed.

Best to book prior to arriving as this place is very popular and has a great scenic spot on the water.

1  Thank tommomelbourne
Reviewed January 25, 2013

There is a nice view for sunset, otherwise, nothing special. Don't expect much! The service is poor, the food is common. I found better place in Coron!

1  Thank philippe o