All reviewsdive shopno hot waterboat tripdive sitesmosquito netceiling fantaking into accountprivate vanla sirenettavillaphilippinesislandjellyfish
Reviewed May 11, 2017

I am sorry to say, but there isn't much to like here. We are well-travelled and seldom have issues when travelling, but this isn't paradise. For a start, it's overpriced. Most of the rooms are fan-cooled, but don't expect to feel anything from the ceiling fan. The rooms are mosquito infested and I got bit by something that itched for weeks after.

The pool was green at first, since it's filled with sea-water. After a day or two, it was drained and left empty for apparently no reason. It took a day to fill. NOT acceptable when you are paying for a pool.

Need wifi? Forget it. There is absolutely none. Well, you can just connect to the mobile data, right. Nope. There is none.

When it comes to activities, don't expect anything reasonably priced. Everything costs 100% more than it should. I know because I live in the Philippines. The food in the restaurant is not good. Service charge and VAT is added to everything, including the trips and van rental. The resort is fueled by pure greed.

Do yourself a favour and go across the bay. Rooms are cheaper. There is Globe wifi. The pool is actually clean. The food is better and cheaper. There is absolutely no reason to go to this resort.

Room Tip: Just don't come here.
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
7  Thank Robert T
Reviewed March 17, 2017 via mobile

It was a bit over a month ago since I last visited Coron island for the second time. This time my partner, mother, and I made plans to visit Puerto Del Sol Resort as we heard through friends that it was spectacular place, and we really should make the time to go and visit. So we did. And it was spectacular! Puerto Del Sol had ticked all the boxes. It's really one of the hidden gems of the Philippines, and I will for sure be returning to this place.

Our day started with meeting Cory who is the owner of Puerto Del Sol Resort, at her restaurant that she also manages and owns in Coron Town, known as the La Sirenetta. Cory and her staff made us this wonderful breakfast that included, garlic fried rice, chorizo, scrambled eggs, corn beef, and fresh fruits. "Just see the picture below" trust me it was sooo good!

After breakfast we then took a van to Puerto Del Sol. It's about a 40min trip. You can also do this very easily on a motorbike.
Once we got there Cory had arranged a boat to travel around the bay. We stopped at few places on other sides of the bay. The view from each angle was serene. By lunch time we travelled back to Puerto Del Sol, where we were welcomed by staff who made us our most delicious lunch, topped off with some fresh buko (coconut) juice to quench our thirst as it was a little hot from our journey.
We then sat there for while just to admire the beautiful view from the restaurant, it was really peaceful.

I truly do recommend this place to everyone who visits Coron Island. If you are looking to venture off to see more of Coron itself, definitely go visit Cory and her wonderful staff at both Puerto Del Sol Resort, and La Sirenetta. You truely won't be disappointed.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 9 days and left disappointed. The staff are very friendly but the lack of a normal pool (sea water green isn't inviting), flickering strobe lights (off) in the bedroom, aircon that frequently shuts off/on, no cold beer or mugs, and being charged for transport to the resort on arrival without prior notification makes this a paradise needing someone to take accountability and professionalism. At every turn you'd hear an excuses like incorrect orders from the restaurant or a simple request to fix a fault. Don't get me wrong, this isn't a tirade! This resort has a remarkable view and the potential to be a paradise resort but they need to lessen the excuses and make deliverables on anemities/service. Sorry Myra.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Shawn O
Reviewed November 28, 2016

My boyfriend and I joined a group of friends and visited Palawan for the first time. Best accommodation ever! They were able to accommodate a large group of people. Staff are superb, very friendly & helpful. The food is to die for; from breakfast, lunch and dinner we love everything they have on the menu. Our villa (room) was excellent - quiet, clean, decorated nice and beds were very comfortable. Overall, excellent stay! I would definitely recommend this place to anyone! My most memorable stay away from home; highly recommended! ---Marivic----

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank marivic50
Reviewed November 27, 2016 via mobile

This was our first trip to Palawan and we weren't sure what to expect. Coming from Vegas, we wanted a full island experience which we got at Puerto Del Sol! The room was romantic, clean and very cozy with spectacular views from anywhere on the resort. The staff was very attentive and accommodating but the most memorable was the food. The best on the island! If you're looking for a unique and awesome getaway, Puerto Del Sol is the place to be. We will surely be back!

The Cruz's