“Stay here to relax!”

Ranked #40 of 62 Coron B&B and Inns
Saskatoon, Canada
“Stay here to relax!”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We stayed here for a couple of days in a double w/ ensuite room. Great covered patio / chill out area and the best internet that we found the Philippines in our 3 weeks. As stated in previous reviews, it’s a bit out of the main town and has a hill you will have to climb to get onto the main road. That being said, it’s a bit of an event going out to eat, but being off the beaten path makes it very quiet! Great but basic breakfast, egg and toast with coffee.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fancytravelreviews

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Makati
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I stayed at the Jendi seaside resort from april 9-13, 2012. the place is modest. My room and bathroom were clean. it's a bit way off the town proper (15 minute leisurely walk) but here you'd enjoy the peace and quiet and the view of the mangroves and the sea is just spectacular especially during sunsets. the owner, Mrs. Lolita Watson (an Ilongga) and her staff are very friendly and will really go out of their way to make your stay very comfortable and worthwhile.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Alain Joseph C C
Makati
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Stayed here last Feb 2012 with some Hungarian friends on their package rate including activities, food and transportation to/from airport (4d/3n). The package price per person was a bit more expensive than when I came to Coron the previous year. The food is okay. Rooms are clean and acceptable although the chairs in the balcony were dirty (yes there's a balcony in our cottage). My only complaint is that it's too far from the town proper, so it's not easy to roam around, go to a store, etc.

Although our experience is not a bad one, I would probably check out other options next time.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Animonina
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I just got back two days ago from one of the most horrible places I have ever stayed in my entire life… Yes, The Jendi or as I call it: “The Junky Resort.” This is not a resort at all…it’s a complete dump with rude staff, terrible food and a good view.

“Hell on Earth” is the only phrase that comes to mind when thinking about our stay…just completely and utterly disgusting.

Where do I begin?? …

I’ll start when we pulled up to the Jendi in the afternoon for our 6 Nights of Hell. Right off, I had a bad feeling about this place. We were greeted by a pack of mangy dogs and a lady in her pajamas. She walked us up the hill to our Cabin, or what I like the call “The Dirt Pit.” There was garbage under the cabin, the structure looked like it was about to collapse with rot and the inside was filthier than the city dump. I prayed to God that it wouldn’t rain because I didn’t think the roof would hold.

The lady showed us around the dirt pit and I just about cried. Really, I was about to cry!! I couldn’t believe the other reviews on Trip Advisor had given it such good reviews, they had to be fake! …I should have known better than to trust any reviewers with only 1 or a few reviews written, a dead giveaway for False Promotion!

We desperately tried to find another hotel in the area, but we were stuck at “Junky” because of the Chinese New Year Holiday and all I could do was try to make the most of it and hold back my tears…

We were there with a total group of 6 people. We ALL felt the exact same and had the same experience with three cabins. The bottom line is, this place was awful. Here is a run down of all of the issues we each or all had:

• Rude and Terrible Service- There were three people running the place. The oldest woman I believe is the mother of the daughter and son that were also helping out. The daughter never once smiled and actually scowled anytime I asked her for something…The son was really nice and helpful, and the mother was just mediocre. I have a hard time with this because I have travelled to the Philippines many times and I can honestly say that the people there usually are so friendly… I was shocked at how rude and unfriendly the staff was to all of us.
• Security—My husband didn’t even trust me to walk to room alone for fear of the bad surrounding neighborhood. There is absolutely no security and you are in a very poor country and very poor neighborhood. Your Keys are hanging out on the wall for anyone to take and each time we came to the main house, nobody was there, so anyone could walk off with your room key!!
• Bathroom- I could write an entire chapter about their bathrooms alone! The Shower water was salty and smelled like rotten eggs and on top of that had no pressure. Everything in the entire bathroom was filthy dirty. They had made some sort of make shift bathroom cabinets out of wood they probably found in a garbage dump. The Shower curtains had so much mold and dirt on them, you didn’t want to touch them for fear of contracting a skin disease. Our friends’ shower didn’t even work at all and they had to use the bucket to pour water on them every day.
• Some rooms do not have bathrooms and you have to use the one in the main house, which was even more disgusting and appalling than the ones in your room!!
• Kitchen—disgusting. Just look at the photos of the sink…
• Don't replenish Toilet Paper—I had to ask every morning for a new roll of toilet paper because they NEVER replenished it!!
• Dogs everywhere, begging for food—The dogs are friendly, but they sit underneath you scratching themselves constantly from all of their fleas. Not something I want to be around while eating my breakfast.
• Nasty breakfast—our stay included breakfast that they precooked so it's cold once you receive it. Overall, the eggs and pancakes are gross and bread is like eating cardboard…just take a look in their kitchen where they prepare the food, it’s completely unsanitary. I’m surprised I didn’t get food poisoning!
• AC didn’t always work—The AC had some problems, would shut down, leak and finally on our last morning we had a complete power outage.
• Toilet wasn't working properly had to pour water in it each time to flush, asked the management repeatedly to fix it and it never really worked the entire stay.
• Blankets were table cloths— You couldn’t call the pillows and blankets they placed on the beds “pillows and blankets”…it was more like a table cloth and some foam.
• Everything in the room smelled like Must or B.O.

I could really go on and on…but I really don’t want to waste one more single second thinking about this disgusting place. The moment I got home I disinfected my entire body and washed all of my clothes in burning hot water. I also checked for bed bugs and lice…which I wouldn’t be surprised we contracted!!

I don’t know how this place even managed to charge us 2,500 pesos per night ($60 USD). It was worth $5 USD…if that!!

I highly recommend anyone to find another place to stay and to do your research before going, because Coron is not the nicest of towns. Coron is strictly all about the Wreck Diving and it seems these hotels think they can charge as much as they want because you have no other choice!
Also, take note of how many reviews I have written…I am a Senior Contributor on Trip Advisor and I would not steer you the wrong way! Trust me… This place is really Bad!

Other than the horrible stay, I can say that the restaurants are decent and the service in most places is friendly. We found that the residents burn trash every night sending polluted smoke everywhere to irritate sinuses…3 of us left with Sinus Infections. You can get around using the Motor Tricycles, they typically charge 10-20 pesos per person, it’s worth it and all the tricycle drivers are super friendly.
The Wreck Diving was first class…I mean, something you have to experience in your life if you are a diver. We used RockSteady diving and they were awesome. My only word for the diving is “Amazing.” And if you have time, take a boat out to Coron Island to see the Fresh Lake, do some snorkeling and take a nap on a private beach. It’s really gorgeous.

Good Luck and have fun on your Trip to Coron!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank WeHeartTravel_143
quezon city
Reviewed June 1, 2011

This is a long overdue review of the place. We were in Coron about 2 years ago and we had such great fun thanks to the staff of Jendi. We got their package for 3 days 2 nights and it was a real value for money. We were never hungry during the trip. We will surely be back since we still have a lot of islands to explore. Thank you Jendi's staff. . Hope to see you again soon..

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank lei2010
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed April 13, 2011

Wonderful staff, wonderful cottages, wonderful food... and best of all, a very good value for your money. If ever I can go back, I'll still definitely chose Jendi.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank cgalliguez
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed April 10, 2011

This is a perfect and relaxing place to stay if your looking for an ocean front lodge because the place is very convenient to drop you off from island hopping..good service, Incredible Staff, and great food.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends