“Value for the money”

Ranked #11 of 26 Specialty Lodging in Coron
Shanghai, China
“Value for the money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

The environment is good. Some points need to know for the traellers
Good:
1. good location.
2. nice environment.
3. Service is nice.
4. Breafast is to my taste.

Not so good:
1. The room is not so clean as expected, and the room is quite old.
2. Pool is not so clean.
3. We asked the reception to help put our luggages to the hall in the last day, they had promised but actually didn't.
4. Cocks in the obsite of our rooms!!! They provide the morning call on 4:00 a.m. everyday!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joe L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Makati, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We availed their Accommodation and Tour package.

PROs:
Unlimited coffee and tea from 6AM-10PM.
Accommodating staff and Tour Guide.

CONs:
The water supply stopped in the middle of the day. When the water came back, the color is murky and you need to wait at least 1 hour for it to clear.
There's no drainage in the toilet part of the CR.
No fridge in the room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

We got 2 rooms on the second floor facing the swimming pool 1 for my parents and the other for my friends. Aside from the rosters thats been our alarm clock. It was really quiet and relaxing time for us. Here's my say:

Pros:

Free breakfast + Unlimited coffee
Free wifi but limited only to the lobby or reception area
Courteous staff very helpful and informative
They have an "old" styled rooms (wooden) but it didn't bother me at all because it was clean esp. the bathroom.

Cons:

There's a farm beside the hotel and i think they breed rosters. and the rosters are so loud even at 3am. It was not really a big of a problem for me but my parents are kinda annoyed. funy though.

I'm recommending this to my friends and people visiting Coron. Thumbs up! :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank j3ffry
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

This will be the 2nd time I've stayed in this guesthouse. First time (2009), we were housed in deluxe rooms and we were satisfied with the service as well as the rooms. This time, we booked for SUPERIOR ROOMS and got what we paid for.
Pros
- beautiful garden and gazebo
- complimentary breakfast which was good, although choices were limited
- swimming pool
- convenient and good location
- efficient staff: we had to be up early for our calauit safari tour and they were kind enough to prepare our breakfast; fast check in and check out; no problems encountered when we booked our airport transfers w/ them
- free use of spin dryer. they have a strict policy in leaving your wet clothes outside your rooms to dry. we do understand their policy on this, its unpleasant to see clothes hanging outside the rooms. but it was too bothersome to wait until the following morning (office hours) until you can ask one of the chambermaids to dry your clothes. the clothes can start to stink as well. They could have at least provided racks for each room where you can hang your clothes at least for the night.

Cons
- basic room
- hot shower doesn't work well, you either get too hot or too cold, nothing in between
- NOISY IF YOU BOOKED THEIR SUPERIOR ROOMS! The rooms are situated right smack at the entrance, near the main road and we heard everything! From the guests complaining at their front desk to the loud drunk guy across the street. the deluxe rooms are pretty good, its situated at the back, away from all the noise.
- I saw the owner scolding one of her employees in the dining area\

I probably will not go back unless I book for a DELUXE ROOM. but with their rate for a deluxe room, i think you can find better options

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank TicketForTwo12
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

My 2 friends and I stayed there for an overnight stay. Actually, we're supposed to stay at Sunz En but then again, we decided to stay here instead since they had an available room for the three of us.

Front Desk: They're accommodating but not very.

Room: They booked us in Room no. 12 w/c is good enough for the 3 of us. But my friend says it was too big for us. The room has 1 queen-sized and 2 single beds. WE'RE ONLY 3! They should've at least gave us a room that is CHEAPER and smaller than the one they gave us. My friend thought that they just want more of our money.

Water: Water in the room is also a problem. It's dirty and smells like rust. It's not continuous. When i was bathing, the water in the shower and faucet stopped working. Had to wait for like 15minutes to continue my bath.

Breakfast: OK. Ordered "Corned Beef with Hash". I thought the "Hash" they referring to is like Hashbrown. But to my surprise, it was the potatoes cut in squares mixed in the corned beef. Duh? They should've put Corned Beef w/ Potato or whatever. Haha.

Swimming Pool: I really like staying in hotels, inns, lodges with pool. The pool here is nice.

Overall, the place was good. They really should improve the water service.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank myotherhalf09
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Came to visit Coron with family Feb 2013. After flying from LAX-HKG-MNL and then almost 2 hours to Coron, we take another 30min ride to the center of town where the hotel is. The hotel is very charming, but not quickly equipped to handle a busload of guests upon arrival. The lobby has wifi but not in the rooms. We were escorted to our room past the garden, the breakfast area and bar, the gazebo and the pool. It is beautiful in the day and also with the lights at night. The corner room we got was big, it had 3 beds for my sis and her husband, my niece and I, so it was perfect because we wanted to stay all together. Of course it is not to Marriott standards, but it is pretty good in this remote part of this developing country. The sheets are thin, there's only one pillow and the towel is rationed, but this is not a surprise, The town has rotating power brownouts, so you cannot turn on the aircon at certain times of the day.
Luckily it was Feb so it was not that hot and humid. Although the sign said not to use the pool, we jumped in and enjoyed it. The breakfast choices of corned beef, egg, danggit (salted dry fish) was good in the morning before you go on your tours, and at night there is a variety of choices of great restaurants like Village Lodge or Lolo Nonoy's which are close by, cheap, plentiful and delicious.
The staff is very helpful, friendly and the boys are good looking. There are many tricycles that can take you anywhere, day or night, and Coron is very safe. It is not luxury by Western standards, there is the Two Seasons Resort for that. But that one is isolated, and I'd rather stay in town where you can actually chat with people, see their church and city hall and experience their lives and culture.
Coron is a must! Spectacular snokelling, swimming, fish feeding, seaside picnics, crystal clear lakes, natural hot springs, island hopping. Nature at its best!

Room Tip: Corner room is very quiet!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank RichieSel
Mandaluyong, Rizal, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

We had our annual Girls Day Off retreat to Coron last 1st quarter of 2010. We chose Darayonan Lodge's package price offering because it fit the budget we had in mind and the sales person we contacted was very accomodating, even gave us a good discount. For the price we paid, Darayonan service and accomodations did not dissapoint. They have simple, clean and spacious rooms. Three double beds for our little party of three. Airconditioning worked well. Bathroom is ok. There's a pool to cool you off at night.

Re the food in their restaurant - the breakfast choices packaged with our tours was just delicious. The seafood lunch baon prepared for us on the island was extra enjoyable. We even opted to have lunch in the restaurant - i ordered their adobong pusit w crunchy fried garlic bits - super thumbs up! The price, very affordable.

Our island hopping tours were planned well and our tour guide was just perfect. A young lad who was very knowledgeable but not too overly-friendly to us. He answered all our inquisitive questions well and kidded with us even. Getting a smart and courteous tour guide is always a wonderful complement to our already exciting Coron adventure.

For my next trip with my daughter - i will surely look up Darayonan Lodge again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends