“"Wonderful 4-day stay"”
Review of Darayonan Lodge

Darayonan Lodge
Ranked #13 of 35 Specialty Lodging in Coron
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We had our annual Girls Day Off retreat to Coron last 1st quarter of 2010. We chose Darayonan Lodge's package price offering because it fit the budget we had in mind and the sales person we contacted was very accomodating, even gave us a good discount. For the price we paid, Darayonan service and accomodations did not dissapoint. They have simple, clean and spacious rooms. Three double beds for our little party of three. Airconditioning worked well. Bathroom is ok. There's a pool to cool you off at night.

Re the food in their restaurant - the breakfast choices packaged with our tours was just delicious. The seafood lunch baon prepared for us on the island was extra enjoyable. We even opted to have lunch in the restaurant - i ordered their adobong pusit w crunchy fried garlic bits - super thumbs up! The price, very affordable.

Our island hopping tours were planned well and our tour guide was just perfect. A young lad who was very knowledgeable but not too overly-friendly to us. He answered all our inquisitive questions well and kidded with us even. Getting a smart and courteous tour guide is always a wonderful complement to our already exciting Coron adventure.

For my next trip with my daughter - i will surely look up Darayonan Lodge again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Barbie J
There are newer reviews for Darayonan Lodge

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night, only because Micasa lodge across the rd, could not extend my stay for 1 night.
The place has a swimming pool, and the restaurant serves ok food and a very reasonable price, but the rooms are only OK. I actually found hotels in Coron, after checking out many, are really not good value, and dont really offer that much.
My stay was fine, but I would look elsewhere in this price range

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank PHoenix242
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed in Coron for fours days in June, 2012 with our 6 year old son. Our first night was at the Coron Village Lodge across the street that was just okay and didn't feel as safe as I wanted given we had our son with us.We were pleased to find the Darayonan the next morning and moved immediately. Raymond was the main receptionist during our stay and was wonderful. The price was 2800 pesos per night for a room with three adults and a child (a friend from Manila joined us for a few days), children are deeply discounted and they give multiple night discounts so be sure and negotiate this up front. The hotel was clean, had a terrific pool and breakfast was included. They have a safe at reception for valuables. It was super easy to grab a "tricycle" out front.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank KTErving
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We checked into a standard room after only have seen the deluxe rooms. We thought the deluxe where quite damp and dark, and our standard room was very cozy and light to our surprise. Breakfast was ok, nescafe coffee free, and the pool very refreshing. In total we liked the place!

We got a lot for 1250 pesos. Wifi, breakfast, pool, tv, private bathroom, hot shower. To compare, we paid 700 PHP for a shared bathroom without breakfast in Tameta guesthouse.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jasper F
Reviewed March 9, 2013

this is my second time in coron, since there are only two of us, we opted for darayonan standard room (feb 23-26 2013) to stay on our budget.
1. the standard room #2 was located in their old building. it was very basic. 2 beds. thin sheets. aircon, fan and private bath (P1400 per website but we took a package tour) (plus coz cheap:>)
2. aircon is not cold, so we had to turn on the fan at night (neg)
3. thin sheets are ok since it was neither hot nor cold in the room (neutral)
4. free breakfast throughout our stay (plus)
5. room2 has bad drain on their bath room so pool of water stays while your bathing.use slippers. area is quite cramped but acceptable (neg)
6. since the room is near the highway, we can hear the motorcycles passing by at night. if you are a light sleeper, this may be a bother. (neg)
overall rating 3.5 since we were there to sleep only and we were out the whole day. there are more updated rooms and a pool by the way
7. breakfast was readily served upon ordering. usually, meat, egg and rice with garnishing of tomato,pipino. there is free flowing coffee at their restaurant (plus)
8. staff are very friendly and helpful (plus)
9. central location so you can walk from darayona, to mount tapyas, to their poblacion,public plaza, public market and other eating places along the highway(like central coron, lolo nonoy, bstro coron, seadive, la sirenetta) (plus)
i will recommend this place as they are old timers of coron so they can give tips on attractions. just ask for more modern/updated rooms and pay for more of course:>

Room Tip: avoid the rooms near the street
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank cheeepat
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This lodge is the only lodge in the city center that has a swimming pool. It is also very near in sari-sari stores. We stayed here for 3 days and 2 nights. Our accommodation comes with free breakfast and free coffee and water for the whole stay (anytime)..

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Robelle d
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This has a nice location being at the center or at the heart of Coron, Palawan, from here you can go to the hot springs or go the pier (500 meters away) to take a launch to go to the islands, or you can go to the dive sites. I’ll be back here perhaps next year or two depending on my schedule.

The rooms are nice, spic and span and we got a spacious room. Its my client who answered for my 3 day and 3 night stay but I checked the price it wasn’t so pricey plus you can ask the staff to give you fresh towels and toiletries each day with no charge on the towels.

Below our room is a lovely swimming pool and a small saloon where you can order a drink. I think foreigners go here because of the cheaper price. I’ve seen Coron Lodge which is next door but although it has a better looking façade- the price is a lot steeper too.

The lodge has a 24 hour Wi-Fi- which suits me but since I swore to myself “no blogging or posting or internet” save in my HTC phone I’m only posting this now. The lodge is a few meters from Coron Bay and on the second floor it gives you a partial view since a part of it is hidden by trees.

My only complaints are that the lodge is under staffed so don’t expect they’ll pick up every mess you shove out your room. Our neighbor had an ice cream orgy and it took a whole day till the scrap was cleaned off, and another is the lack of meat dishes well they’re in the menu but all you get is tapa and lastly the staff is sometimes in a quandary on what to do considering that the owner who is an old lady or one of the managing owners is usually in Manila.

The Wi-Fi by the way has a strong signal. They have rooms with flat and semi-flat television. Another problem is the seemingly lack of fresh water but I think its no longer the problem of the hotel- since water is precious in Coron and Busuanga. .

Grade- 2.25- Its not Linden Suites but to me the price is acceptable. You got a pool, you get warm hot meals, you have a swimming pool and nice babes are around so what else do you expect. As for the nice babes- I respected their privacy and didn’t take any pictures. Moreover I was there more for work rather than for leisure.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business