“Good Filipino-style accommodation”
Review of Krystal Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coron
Krystal Lodge
Ranked #41 of 68 Coron B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 6, 2014

If you want a taste of Filipino living this is a great place. The rooms are large - much larger than the average Filipino house - and fitted out in native style. The hammocks are great places to relax. Krystal, the owner, is really friendly.

You are paying for simple accommodation and that is what you get. The bathrooms, in particular, are very basic. It is, of course, very good value.

There have been some very negative reviews - alongside a lot of positive reviews - of the Lodge so I was not quite sure what to expect. Most of the negatives have concerned wildlife and I didn't see any, although my son said that he saw a cockroach. Welcome to the Philippines!

My only real complaint was not being able to get a cup of coffee first thing in the morning. I found this odd because Coron is a diving town and many dives are early.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Krystal Lodge

Reviewed December 10, 2013

This place was so beautiful,the location,the staff,decoration,
hope they can repair everything fast after the taiphun
i really recomend this place for future stayings
Beatiful sunsets from there
Good luck people

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2013

The place is OK for people on a budget, and certainly kooky. I stayed here twice whilst working as a diver in Coron. I need cheap on my salary. It's in a decent part of town.

There are occasionally rats in the rooms, you have to block every hole you see with something made of metal...that's standard for anywhere built above swampy water.

The owners seemed friendly at first, and I got on well with them. I asked about laundry prices, and they told me they'd sort out the bill at the end. I stayed six weeks, and every time I handed in my laundry, i asked about the price...but they never had a price list to hand. On my last day i was presented with a huge (for a backpacker) bill for laundry, and queried it. A list of prices magically appeared, and Mai showed me that I'd paid per item for six weeks. I was shocked, and it really spoiled my stay for me. I felt cheated. ironic, considering that the family were at church three times a week. Don't judge a book by its cover, eh?

All in all, I wouldn't stay again. there are better places. And more honest people.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 20, 2013

After staying at Crystal lodge I felt obligated to write a review.
Before I book my trips, I tend to google places where I would spent vacation time with my family and I'm glad I chose crystal. Professional staff and service!!!
As soon as I walked in I was greeted by the professional staff that treated me like family. The rooms were amazing and the beds were just right. While being on vacation this place always kept a smile on my face I loved every minute of my stay here. What I found to also to be nice was that the owner crystal herself made sure we were ok. Its great to know that their are places that treat you better than just a customer. Definetely coming back and reccomend everyone to experience the heart warming service

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed April 24, 2013

After visiting several basic accommodations for backpackers, me and a new friend of mine found Crystal Lodge and it was love at the first look.
Crystal Lodge is a special and magic place.
If you are looking for a 5 star hotel, please do not go.
But if you are looking for something different, cosy and relaxing, that is the place.
Having breakfast with the view, surrounding by water is pretty nice. And the sunset is waiting for you at the same place.
The staff (dad and daughter) is friendly.
The only thing I would change for better are the bathrooms, really basic.
Crystal lodge is a great place for reading a book, writing memories or just relaxing and enjoying life, after a great diving day.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Nadia N
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

After arriving late in the night checked into the lodge, the website doesn't show you that it's a long walk down past residential slums to the end where the lodge is. Very dirty and smelly.
On arriving paid 2 night, got to the cottage which was advertised as having cooker, fan, water, shower, hammock, hardly any of this was supplied.
The floor was open bamboo poles with the water below.... Not clean water!!
Shower didn't work when complained it worked for 3 mins . The staff kitchen and rest area was outside our cottage Which was then next to the dining area. Very noisy. No windows only 'gaps'

The bed was only 2 very thin single mattresses placed on the floor with mosquito net over.

We didn't want to stay another night so asked for a refund, had to fight to get that back of which from the 1,800 peso we had 300 deducted!

There are many better hotels in the area for the same price, much better equipped with beds showers and a/c.... Of to this now! I would avoid crystal lodge!!

Owner was not bothered about my complaint

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Momo1975coco
Reviewed December 6, 2012

In the past, Filipinos live near the sea as fish and rice are their staple. This lodge resemble the kind of living they have in the past. Just add a little ladder down to the sea and reach your boat and paddle and you are ready to hunt lunch.

Crystal Lodge is manage by a very lively and pretty local lass, Australian-educated Krystal. She told me that she was settled in Australia when her father called her to manage the resort. At the time of our stay, she run the place along with her Dad who take care of maintenance and that cooking lady who rented a place and decided to stay and cooked for the guest.
Its not 5-star, not even 2-star (in my opinion) but the place is clean, quiet, and you are basically left on your own, without disturbance.

There are no hot water and its pour-yourself-shower. Its a set-up which is very close to the living style of the sea-people.

The view from our window was memorable and the walk around the place is an experience.
My family stayed here prior to our Tao Expedition tour, and having been to Coron for quite a number of times, we did not do any tour to the outlying island. I will definitely seek out to stay there again when I will be in Coron in the future.

Room Tip: I assume that once inside their facility, the rooms has access to a sea view where you can observe l...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family