“Feels like home”
Review of Krystal Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coron
Krystal Lodge
Ranked #41 of 63 Coron B&B and Inns
Balingen, Germany
“Feels like home”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My traveller book guides me to Krystal Lodge.
I spent there one week last December and it was very very nice!
Krystal, her mom and dad lead the lodge really good.
For me it feels like home!
It was clean and cheap!
The sunrise is amazing!!

I read some bad comments here.
I can not understand this comments!
The family who is leading Krystal Lodge is beautiful kind and responsible!

I have been on a lot of places and hotels on Philippines and no one was fantastic like this!!

I will go there this December again and spent some beautiful days there!!
Looking forward to it!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank PasBroBalingen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Turin, Italy
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We spent 4 days at the Krystal lodge. We met the beautiful family that manages the place, they were really friendly and open. They have helped us getting around and gave us a lot of tips about Coron, where to go and what to do. We even went on a night out with the girls. It is a nice and affordable place if you are backpacking and a good way to get a bit of the philippines essence. It was our first stop in the country and it was an amazing beginning. Oh and let me mention Krystal's nephew, an amazing smart and solar little girl that welcomed us every time we returned as we were part of her family.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank MicSu88
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at Krystal Lodge for almost a week and was very pleased. It was raining most days that I was in Coron but luckily Krystals lodge is full of cool little nooks and garden decorated rooms where you can comfortably lay in a hammock or lounge area and read or play on your wifi device. The food was great, but it was the amazing structure of this village on water with its top notch views of the sunset that really made it more than worth it. The prices were comparable to other places but no place was as interesting and homey feeling as Krystals Lodge which is why I stayed here. I not only had a very friendly experience with the staff and Krystal herself but was welcomed to drink and hang with the family on parts of the deck and one night they even took me and my crew of friends way off into the woods where we had a bonfire, made friends with a couple ducks, and had an awesome adventure :) It was a solid off the beaten track feeling of an experience. I can't wait to get back!! I saw so many good reviews, and theres always a few bad reviews. No one place will ever please everyone and its easy to have misunderstandings when different cultures try to communicate and clash... have an open mind, be easy, or as the filipinos would say bahala-nah :) After 14 months of backpacking Asia and Australia, I must say that Krystals Lodge was one of the most unique and interesting places of my whole trip. Check this place out!

Room Tip: The views are worth the extra money if youve got it... but the cheaper rooms are equally cool and ve...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank tim b
South Carolina. USA
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We went to Coron last year with 7 members of my family. We've never been to Coron but we've heard about the good comments about the place so we decided to go. We stayed at Krystal Lodge which is different from other hotels i've been used to. It is a simple place to stay, very basic, clean, relaxing, reasonable price, it is surrounded by water and all you can hear are the waves and the fan during the night. The family who owns it were so nice to us and that they made sure that everything were taken care of. We stayed there for 3 enjoyable days and I have already recommended alot of my friends to visit and some of them thanked me for recommending it because they told me that they really enjoyed the place and the people at Krystal Lodge. Lots of my friends loved the pictures I have posted on facebook and most of them are impressed so they are also excited to visit soon. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE!!!! KRYSTAL LODGE, you are the best...

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank ayar_0520
Gimhae, South Korea
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I hope people will read this story and decide NOT to stay here and not to chance getting cheated, like we did.

We saw Crystal Lodge online and it looked so neat that even though I saw the reviews saying the owners aren't very honest, we still thought we should stay there. We messaged Krystal about room rates and all and she said we should book in advance AND pay in full to secure our room. Her reason was the Coron Festival was around the time we were staying so it would be busy. *First lie-There was a festival but no tourists knew of it before they went to Coron/came there specifically for the festival.
We should have seen the red flag but we had never been to Coron so weren't sure if it would really fill up quickly or not and we did really want to stay there. So, like idiots, we sent her 4, 800 pesos for 3 nights. That's a lot of money! It was going to be one of our most expensive places. Unfortunately, a typhoon came through and they cancelled our boat from El Nido to Coron. The next boat wasn't going until after our 3 nights would have passed. So I called Krystal the day before we were supposed to be there and explained the situation and asked if we could get a refund. I told her to cancel our reservation so other people could stay there. She told me very clearly that it would be NO problem to get the money back (all the money) and that she would move our reservation to the 3 nights we would be in Coron. I told her we would not stay at Krystal Lodge so she could just cancel it.
So we finally got to go to Coron and after a terrible boat ride, we went straight to Krystal Lodge to get our money back, as promised. She wasn't there so we spoke to her sisters and dad who didn't know about the situation so they called her and I talked to her on the phone. First, she asked, "Well, when did you actually send the money?" And I KNEW that she was going to be a problem. So I told her when and she asked, "Do you have an actual receipt?" I did of course and had already handed it to her dad. She said she had to go check her account and would call back. When she called back, she of course couldn't say we hadn't send it, cause we had. So she chose another lie and told me, "I never actually said you could have a refund." It was lie after lie and I was so angry. It was obvious she was aware of her lies and was making up any lie she could to keep our money. I can't even write out all the things she said/made up because it would be too long. Finally, after a lot of yelling on my part and lying on hers, she said she would give us the 4,000 back but would keep the 800 for a reservation fee because, "Someone else could have stayed in our room but she had to turn them away since we were reserved." Another lie, since I told her to CANCEL our reservation the day before it started and it was HER idea to move it. Also, there were only a few guests staying there and there is no way she turned anyone away because of us. We had to deal with them for 3 days (the only days we had in Coron!) because her dad said he would give us the 4,000 the next day when he went to the bank. Of course, the next day the bank was closed so we had to go again the day after that. Even though Krystal was back from Manila, she never showed her face or spoke with us in person. She KNOWS she lied. The only person who didn't lie to us and try to cheat us was the assistant manager. I think her name was Maria. We met her the second day we went and she said she's knows all about how Krystal is and is very sorry. She got our money for us and helped us the 3rd day.

Please, do not stay at Krystal Lodge. We thought we'd be fine if we just slept there and didn't do tours through them or eat at their restaurant, where we heard the mom will try to get more money out of you. But we didn't even stay there and had 800 pesos stolen from us by Krystal! I hope you believe me when I say she straight up lied and pretended she never told me we could have a refund. Enjoy your time in Coron but do not stay here!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
14 Thank Leilanijane

Travelers are raving about these Coron hotels

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Before our trip, we decided not to book online or in advanced because as per blogs it is best to check personallu on the many places you can stay in coron.

We chose Crystal lodge because:
1. There is no highway noise. You can only hear the waves of the se and the sound of your fan.
2. Its surrounded by a body of water below it. And right on your window, you can get the best view of the islands.
3. Its so Filipino. From the bamboo made rooms, the wooden hallways, the kulambos, hammocks, old filipino interior design,
4. Compared to other hotels /inna that we've visited. It has more space and more comfortable.
5. Staff are sp friendly and you will feel so at home. You cant even call them staff because they aint got no uniform, they treat you like family.
6. Wifi is fast even if there is power outage.
7. Place is cold even without any cooling system.
8. On your way to the place, neighboring people will welcome you with a smile. So humble.
9. I paid 700/night instead of 800. Got a discount from the owner.
10. Might be more pricey for some but like what Zsazsa Padille had said, 'it was worth it!.

What you need to remember/bring when going to coron

1. Flashlight- there is always power outage here in coron and you might get stuck somewhere because it gets to dark when it happens,
2. Insect repellant- So many blood suckers anywhere in the city,
3. Loose change of money
4. Snorkles- they charge you if you borrow around 100-150
5. Smile!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Photographer1990
Paranaque, Philippines
Reviewed June 6, 2012

First I think it was before August 2011 that we visited. Getting there was a bit unpleasant because on a high tide you will be walking through a small street just for people and bamboo and mangrove wood bridge that will be under sea water. When you get there though it is so nice you just don't want to leave.

The place is made of wood and you can see the water below. Our area had 3 rooms, a toilet and a shower, a bar, fridge sink, dining area and a small receiving area. It had a sea view so eating our meals was nice. The beds we had were only for 6 so I decided to sleep in the rattan hammock near our bar. It was the best. no ac, there were fans in the room and dining area but it was cool enough without them.

The staff was helpful and they have their own dock where we left for our tour from. They also let is cook food we bought from the market near by.

The shower room was big enough but do not expect it to be modern. It was covered with linoleum to block the draft from getting in (and some people did not want to be seen through the cracks between the wooden walls as it was before even if it faces the sea), no hot water, there was a place to put your toiletries. They provide a towel. Right outside the door is a place to put your other bath things or when you are done so it is handy for your next shower. The toilet was separate so it was good.

If you want a laid back affordable place to stay, this is it. At about PHP 400/person/night that we paid and experience it was worth it.

Room Tip: If you want the sea view, ask before you book. They will allow you to change rooms if they are not...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family