“Awesome Service”

Ranked #15 of 31 Specialty Lodging in Coron
Quezon City
“Awesome Service”
Reviewed February 26, 2011

We stayed at Coron Village Lodge for 5 nights. Before going to Coron, we weren't really sure what to expect. Coron surely did not disappoint me. Coron is paradise. A big PLUS is our stay at Coron Village Lodge. We were able to meet the owner, Ms. Rebecca Fernandez, who took the time to answer our questions about going around the islands since we didn't really book a package tour. She was very helpful. The staff was awesome! They were all friendly, always smiling and very attentive to our needs. What I liked most is that our room was cleaned and our towels was changed every single day. I was impressed how the staff made sure that we are comfortable and that we had a pleasant stay at the Coron Village Lodge.

I would suggest though that it is best to CALL rathen than email if you want to book a room at Coron Village Lodge. You can contact Ann Daet at [--] or Coron Village Lodge at [--].

Overall, I would highly recommend Coron Village Lodge. Looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank GayS

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Korean first
hongkong
Reviewed February 21, 2011

despite the absolute sure booking confirmation from their side (1-2 month prior), the booking got somehow.. well lost. so we stood there after the usual Cebu Pacific delay-driven flights, with all rooms full, and no room for us. the front desk staff only started to make efforts to find a solution after i heavily insisted. they really thought we would just walk off again in this peak season of CNY. I dont have high expectations and always stay in those kind of rooms, however village lodge was my worst experience, and i would not recommend it to friends. at the end they arranged a room (at a higher price than we had in our booking), and with no working shower. we spent almost all time at Seadive resort at the end, which is far more friendly, lively and comfortable. Its similar price, go for Seadive even if you dont dive.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank martin888
Roma
Reviewed February 10, 2011

I will go in april to Coron and I tried to reserve my accomodation. I sent a lot of emails to the staff but I had to wait a lot of days and I never managed to receive a definitive answer. Finally, I decided to choose another place. I wonder if this lodge is still existing :-/ My opinion is that the owner of a lodge or of a bed and breakfast should be more professional

Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank franto70
Monchengladbach, Germany
Reviewed December 30, 2010

OVERVIEW: Most (if not all) accommodations in Coron are located in the town proper. Coron’s geographical make up is mostly craggy mountains, therefore beachfront hotels with sandy shorelines are next to non-existent. These sandy shorelines have been kept for day trips only to preserve their beauty. It makes a lot of sense because banca rental services have become one of the main sources of income for the fishermen. Coron Village Lodge used to be an old house for the Fernandez family. When Coron was not yet popular, very few people started asking the family to accommodate them in their rooms. They started allowing people to stay, and even served meals for a minimum cost. People started to know about Coron, the airport in Busuanga became bigger and airline companies started booking more flights. The rest is history! The family has long since renovated their ancestral home and now boast of 22 rooms, 5 duplex apartments (each with 2 bedrooms) and indoor restaurant and an outdoor (garden) dining area. The Lodge is situated along the main road in the town of Coron and is a 5 to 10-minute walk to the market, to other restaurants and to the wharf.

ACCOMMODATIONS: The rooms are pretty basic, with air conditioning, hot and cold shower and toilet, plus towels are provided. We booked a duplex apartment which comes with its own lounge area, kitchen and dining area. The design theme gives you the impression of living in an old house (despite the newness of the edifice) with walls spray blasted to give the impression of old rustic charm. It’s all so swell but I favor the spartan clean walls customarily found in lodgings around the world.

The duplex is located at the back-end of the property where century old acacia trees abound. Which is why it begs to be noticed that there are all sorts of creepy crawlies to be found in the duplex. from ants and mites on the kitchen to bugs and worms on the wash area.

Oh and not to be forgotten is the biggest key chain of my life! A 16-inch wooden banka! It’s supposed to prevent guests from bringing and losing keys…hell! we still brought them anyway. Nothing feels better than having an extra boat in your pocket during island hopping trips.

The staff of Coron Village Lodge were very friendly and attentive. They had been very helpful and very keen to assist us in all our needs. I would also like to commend their chef Henry, for the good quality service. We were very much impressed with the way he attended to us, from cooking our meals to organizing our boat trips around the Coron and Malcapuya island loops.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank one3mac
philippines
Reviewed December 8, 2010

My family stayed in Coron Village Lodge. We were only 6 but we still had a good deal. It would be cheaper if there are more people in the group. They assigned a tour guide for us. The staff were very helpful to us, especially our guide. They would even call us for breakfast and dinner. And when we are outside for our tour, the guide prepares our food for us. They provide breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner. The food that they provide us are really delicious. They also include the transportation costs during our tour in our package so we did not really have to spend much.

The room was big. and we were very happy that they placed us in 2 rooms where the door in the middle can be opened. Although, our rooms were on the second floor, so there are times when there is a problem with the water in the bathroom.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank 1step_1kmilejourney
San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 21, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Coron Village Lodge for 4 days and 3 nights in November 2010. We availed of their package tour and it was money well spent. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The food is great and the bar is well-stocked.

If you're expecting five-star amenities, look somewhere else. If you want a friendly and homey atmosphere, stay here…

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank linerpb
pasig
Reviewed November 9, 2010

it was only last july that my husband and i spent our bdays at coron village lodge. we were so thankful to the staff and our guide arnel for giving us a very warm stay.
we went back together with our children (all grown ups) and friends and stayed again at coron village lodge... the only lodge in coron we trusted...

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family