Booked 2 weeks at this "resort" for cockroaches thru Save Money Diving (Buyer Beware of this Company). We were totally burned once we got there. There is NO clean or hot water to wash with. (Makes me curious how the kitchen was cleaned of bacteria?)
The huts are up a hill with poorly constructed steps in rocks with dim lighting, just perfect for breaking your neck down a long flight of jagged rock steps.
Then when you get to your hut that is a nipa hut open and exposed for every creepy crawly.Sure they supply you with one ripped mosquito net that doesn't prevent the gecko crap from dripping off the roof on your bed and feet at night. Or that cats from screaming when the staff at the resort are feeding it to the giant python located right next to the kitchen and don't mind the staff abusing the 3 dogs either. You are also not alowed to leave at night since water sports are prohibited at night and since your on an Island your held hostage. Not only do they charge you just to leave they take you to small beaches where they charge you just to lay on 20 feet of beach?? The Diving is not safe they gave us a broken regulator, a tank with no air, not enough weight and a suit too tight at the surface. Tried to contact Save Money Diving they took our money and ignored all request for help. Don't waste your time visting this place. However after we checked out 2 days later staff told us it was bought buy a new owner. GOOD LUCK!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Back to 100% after Typhoon Haiyan. An Island resort and dive center on its own island just 5 minutes from Coron Town. Tranquil location with individual rustic cottages and modern lodge rooms. All rooms en-suite. Warm hospitality and good food. Ideal for island hoppers and divers. Private Coron Island Tours operated from the resort to show you the best and most beautiful spots that Coron has to offer at your own pace. With one of the most experienced dive centers in Coron, come dive Corons wrecks, lakes or coral reefs with Discovery Divers from our resort. Kayaking, seafaris around Calamianes Islands are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Discovery Island Resort and Dive Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Discovery Divers Resort Coron Hotel Coron
- Discovery Divers Hotel
- Discovery Island Resort And Dive Center Coron, Palawan Island