Bridge of Cally Hotel
Cromald Cottages(Bridge of Cally)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsskiing at glensheeriverside walkwell stocked barboth nightson arrivalcountry hotellovely hotelitison vouchersmall hotellog firecomfy bednight stayshort breaksalmoncooked breakfastan evening mealcateran trail
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We enjoyed our stay on Wednesday and Thursday last week, using Groupon voucher.Room 16 was spacious and overlooked the river. Everyone was very friendly and both our evening meals and breakfast were delicious. We had a relaxing well fed break and hope to repeat it one day.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank 1JEB246
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Just returned from a 2 night BB break. We upgraded to a superior room having read previous comments about noise, smells from kitchen and drains, we were in room 15. The room was adequate, very clean good sized bathroom with some toiletries, great size bath towels and beds quiet comfy. Some issue with the small tv we had no BBC1 or 2, think it was a signal problem within the valley but we didnt go for the tv. The room is at the back of hotel overlooking garden and forest area and very quiet indeed. We had evening meal on both nights, the food was very good, although on both nights disappointed to hear that several items were unavailable on the menu - Venison, Rib-eye Steak and Fishcakes and they appeared to run out of some of the puddings. However, the food we had was excellent and tastefully prepared. Breakfasts equally as good, plenty of choice and lots of it. All the staff were very friendly and eager to please Sharon and Mike always around to keep things running smoothly. To sum up a pleasant stay in a lovely area of Scotland with good walking right outside the hotel and some nice drives to Pitlochry and Dunkeld.

Room Tip: Rooms at the side and rear of hotel maybe a better option if you can get them.
1  Thank rjf48
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We arranged to stop off at Bridde of Cally as we were travelling to John O’Groats with baby and dog.

On the way there we were in a tiny room with a shower only – with the baby (and dog)! And on the way back when I called ahead to ensure we had a bath – I was told snidely that there was only one room with a shower only (!) so we would most probably have a bath.

On the way back we got a larger room – with bath above the kitchen. The smell of cooking fat/ oil was nauseating/ revolting. Our poor baby!

There was NO hot water…

We left our baby’s bedding behind and asked them to set it aside for us. After four requests – the duvet was found but the pillow was never recovered.

One of the staff had left – she was inadequate/ poor, it was her fault (!)

In short, we wanted to stop off to break up the car journey. This experience enhanced rather than detracted from the tedium/ stress.

Briefly, the hotel was advertised in a rather good book about travelling with your dog – for £65. We were charged £95 each way. New owners blah blah...

At £95 it’s a ridiculous joke.

The room décor is poor. Double bed is two beds pushed together, in both rooms.

Think faulty towers, in a kilt.

Great location – stay someone else!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
11  Thank Wendy R
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The food was good, the staff were helpful and very friendly and the rooms were very good but on our first night we were in room 11 and got hardly any sleep due to the noise of some kind of pump which kept going on and off incessantly throughout the night. The staff then transferred us to another good room and were very helpful, this was on the ground floor and unfortunately with the windows open suffered from a strong smell of drains. This stay would have been excellent if not for the above issues. We hope the owners can sort these problems out in the near future.

1  Thank JennieM638
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Having stayed twice before I was looking forward to my trip. This time I had bought a deal "£99 for 2 nights bed & breakfast with afternoon tea". I upgraded to a superior room (after sales pitch) to have a garden view. On arrival I was 20 minutes early & was informed my room wasn't ready. I decided to have my afternoon tea which I believed would be a light mid-afternoon meal of tea and sandwiches or cakes instead I got a scone and cup of tea which I though was misleading. I went to my room and my view was of a roof and roadway. My toilet was filthy and had to have it cleaned before I would have used it. My double bed was two different size single beds pushed together. On a positive note the staff were great and the food was as good as I remember with large portions and good variety and quality. Breakfast was outstanding with great variety too. As I take dogs with me the hotel is great as there are several dog friendly areas. Staff were great with dogs too. The location is ideal for walking and close to several great visitor attractions.

1  Thank GlasgowSuzie