Lion Quays
Ellesmere Hotel(Ellesmere)
The Hand Hotel(Llangollen)
  • Breakfast included
1,380 results
All reviewsspa facilitiessteam roombuffet lunchcanal sidehuge tvgreat spaspa breakchanging roomsresident peacockseparate buildingevening mealsmall balconybuffet stylebirthday treatboth nightsfood was lovelyan overnight stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 24, 2009

We visited Lion Quays for our '40th birthday spa away from it all' weekend.....and had the best time. 11 girlies of all ages including mums visited the complex and quite honestly had the best service I have experienced in a long time. The spa was spacious and both relaxing and contemporary, the treatments delicious and the staff couldn't do enough for us. The food was great, the rooms were lovely and value for money beats Springs (my normal spa destination) hands down. As the title said, I'm almost tempted to keep it to myself!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 25, 2009

Stayed the weekend at Lion Quays and really enjoyed it. The leisure club is excellent, the hotel itself very good and the staff friendly and efficient. Booked late and direct with the hotel which beat the LateRoooms price. My only disapointment was with the restaurant, which is more posh pub than 4 star hotel, although the prices are definately not pub prices. On our secong night we took a taxi into Oswestry (£8) and had an fabulous meal at Sebastiens French restaurant. It really was excellent, but be warned it wasn't cheap.
Will certainly visit the Lion Quays again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I booked a couple of nights at Lion quays as a girly break. The hotel was very clean and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The rooms were spacious and the beds very comfortable indeed. Breakfast was very nice and there was lots of choice. The conservatory it was served in was a very lovely space to wake up in over a lovely hot cuppa. The food in the restaurant was second to none. i swear i came home a stone heavier than when i arrived! The spa......well if you are looking for some time to pamper yourself you will find it here. It is bliss! Every little detail has been thought of and again the spa staff are very accomodating.
The best thing about our break was the price. We paid 69.50 pppn sharing a twin room! that included breakfast and full use of the spa facilities and the gym, with no time restrictions. Also included in the price was dinner at either of the 2 restaurants. You get a 22.50 voucher per peson per night for your evening meal. The restaurant is not cheap but a 3 course meal should use up the value of your voucher.
On the down side.......there was only 1 hitch we had which was when we asked for a run down of what we needed to pay for there was a mistake and there was an 120.00 added onto our bill for things we had not used/had. However when we mentioned this to the reception staff it was sorted out within 30minutes.
All in all..a fabulous few days with my friend. I will definaltey be visitng Lion quays again

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2009

Stayed one night at the Lion Quays, lovely hotel and room, very clean in a lovely setting by the Canal. Breakfast was great with a full English on offer buffet style so you can have as much or as little as you wish. Cereals and fresh fruit/yogurts etc for those healthy people out there!
The Spa well what can I say........ its georgeous. Very clean and posh and having stayed at Champneys Tring and Henlow this is much better although on a smaller scale. Please don't hesitate to book here.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 15, 2009

I booked a three night stay as a birthday treat for my husband. I had requested by email a room with a view of the canal but was disappointed to be allocated a room by reception which overlooked the the bar and restaurant. - it was a bit of a shame as I wanted to surprise my husband, who loves canals, we've travelled the Llangollen canal a number of times - flinging the room window open I was the one who got the surprise ..... However, quickly resolved by a trip to reception. Lovely bright clean rooms. I'm full of praise for the staff, who I found helpful at every stage, from the initial email enquiry to booking out.
Fantastic spa - fantastic pool - fantastic therepy suite. Used them all (at one point I was the only person in the pool, and my husband and I had the therepy suite to ourselves for a period too) and had a very relaxing break. Great breakfast too - dined there on our last night and all the staff were lovely.
Our break co-incided with the Llangollen Steam Gala and the Ellesmere Port Canal Day - both of which my husband loved.
Highly recommended.