Cannich Caravan & Camping Park
Loch Ness Lodge Hotel(Drumnadrochit)
$116
$162
Travelocity
$121
$113
The Lovat, Loch Ness(Fort Augustus)
$218
getaroom.com
$139
Priory Hotel(Beauly)
$112
$96
The Dower House(Muir of Ord)
$169
  • Restaurant
All reviewscamping podsglen affriccafe on sitegreat cafetoilets showershelpful ownertoilet blockset amongstmature treesloch nesslovely sitegreat cyclingfire pitnice campsitepitch your tentfeel very welcomehot water
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Cannich is a lovely peaceful site with very generous well spaced out pitches. Visited in September 2013 so not very busy. Toilet block looked OK but didn't actually use it, we were in a caravan. only downside to this site is the entrance road which is very badly potholed and needs urgent attention.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Margaret S
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We camped here for a couple of days and it was really nice and spacious. The welcome was lovely and the onsite cafe was excellent. Surrounding area beautiful and green. Very child friendly will be returning.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank drwatts
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed one night in a camping pod recently & it was a really relaxing stay. Pod was spotless & 2 electric plugs for the provided lamp & heater was useful to charge the phone. Sites free wifi meant we could skype dad who was away on business & include him on the adventure! Agree with previous post that TV room & washing up area a bit worn but owners improving the site one step at a time. Breakfast in the cafe served from 9-11.30. We had pancakes & bacon rolls that we couldn't finish they were so generous! Camping pods not pet friendly so pooch had to stay at home but plans to add more to the site in the future will sort this. Great time had by all!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank MrsMicro
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I don't normally use a campsite - I usually just park up somewhere and 'camp' in my car, however, I gave this site a try as the weather was very hot so I needed water and showers on tap as I was on a hillwalking trip. I knew of the site already as we'd hired bicycles previously from the owner.

The facilities are good, the prices I found were very reasonable (£7 for tents or, in my case, car-camping). There were enough showers even for busy times, water supply taps dotted around the site, a laundry facility, washing-up sinks - even a TV room if you like that sort of thing (I never watch TV). There is also a cafe if you don't fancy cooking... Oh, and of course, bike hire - very useful in this area.

The site itself is absolutely beautiful and very peaceful indeed. The non-caravan end of the site is amongst beautiful old pine woodland (with some lovely broadleaves amongst them) and there are clearings dotted around, any of which you can set up in and have your own secluded little space.

I was especially surprised at how absolutely peaceful the site was, despite staying during very busy periods. There was absolutely no disturbance despite there being all age groups on site.

I found the owner helpful and friendly and have taken to staying there fairly regularly this year due to my good experience - like I said earlier, I'd normally just park up near the roadside somewhere if it wasn't for the lovely experience of camping here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mountaincoward
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is a beautiful campsite. There is a lovely atmosphere with a "parkland" feel to it; there's lots of little wooded areas to hide away in or expansive grassy pitches if you prefer. You could (as I did) not even leave the site for a couple of days, just chilling out. I stayed as a backpacker (£7) with a tiny solo tent but was made to feel very welcome by all staff. I had coffee in the excellent cafe, borrowed a John Grisham novel from the small library in the TV room and just hung around recovering from my 7 day hike in the wilderness. I was able to wash my clothes (there's a washing machine and dryer) and myself (showers are clean and hot).
The cafe really is a fantastic attraction with a choice of really good coffees (no instant here - its latte, cappuccino etc.) and a decking area to sit out on.
The little shop 10 minutes away has a limited choice but has many of the essentials (but its not cheap and there's no backpackers' gas - only methylated spirit).
I didn't visit the pubs so I wont comment (unlike the only negative reviewer of this site who has left a review without even staying here - Trip Advisor need to act on this.
The owner has a project each year to improve one aspect of the site and i suspect that next on the list will be improving the TV room or washing-up areas which are a little tired - this is my only suggestion for improving what is otherwise a superb site.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo