“Birthday party”
Review of The Weld Blundell

The Weld Blundell
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Lydiate
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Excellent food today and everyone who hadn't been before loved it. Made even better with excellent staff. The girls sorting our table out were lovely, friendly, and looked after us really well. 3 courses for for 15 people- no fuss or problem.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (175)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Yet again could not find any faults. Staff are so obliging and pleasant. Food is delicious. Love it.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had our evening meal last night and it was delicious- for starters we had the black pudding with a beautiful poached egg on top and the salt and pepper calamari and salt and pepper chicken - delicious and the mains where even better !
We opted for the light bites menu and they where more than generous . Hubby had liver and mash , the mash came with bacon and cabbage running through it , my son had chicken and chorizo pasta with fresh green pesto ( made on site ) and I had a very tasty seafood linguine , very fresh . The service was excellent and the staff where very warm and welcoming. We will definitely be returning soon

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 21, 2019 via mobile

Thank you Molly, Joe and Chef (sorry never caught your name). 3 starters, delicious and served within 15 mins of ordering. 3 mains, to die for. Couldnt eat it all...... sorry. All served with a smile and nothing too much trouble. We'll defo be back soon.

Reviewed August 13, 2019

We went yesterday for dinner and I must say the food was really tasty. I had sea bass delicious the green beans and the fish was perfectly cooked. My husband had steak and ale pie and next time I’m getting that. My son had a chicken burger and the chorizo relish was so tasty. Then we shared a brownie I liked the chewiness but would serve with vanilla ice cream rather than chocolate. We also had sticky toffee pudding and that was ok. We had drinks and the meal was just shy of £70 not bad I thought. Service was fine just a bit of a delay between main and sweet. I like to wait but at 20 mins we had to remind the staff. They were great and desserts arrived. This place is on my doorstep so I will be back.

Date of visit: August 2019
MikeReeveMSR, Owner at The Weld Blundell, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2019

Thanks for the lovely review and glad to hear you all enjoyed it. By all means next time ask for Vanilla Ice Cream! We can certainly do that for you! Apologies about the wait for desserts, sounds like a bit of a mishap on our side but again glad you enjoyed them. See you again soon!!