TripAdvisor
Montville
Post
Inbox
Search

All reviews beautiful glass glass blowing his enthusiasm drinking glasses wonderful family experience whole process christmas ornaments works of art highlight of our trip patient teacher fun experience maine furnace demonstration belfast camden
Selected filters
Reviewed February 8, 2018

I've always thought glass blowing was fascinating to watch and wanted to try it. Glass blowing takes years to learn and perfect so I thought my little fantasy would probably never be realized. The beauty of this glass studio is that David does the more difficult bits in the process but you actually get to be hands on in creating a gorgeous piece of art. My daughters and I had a wonderful time and I am planning on visiting again with friends soon. I would highly recommend a visit!

Date of experience: February 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
David J, Owner at Jacobson Glass Studio, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2018

Sounds like you had as much fun as I did, Ruth! Thanks so much. The pieces you and your daughters made came out beautifully. I do hope you come back soon with your friends. Let me know when.

Reviewed February 7, 2018

How often do you have the chance to work side by side with a master artist!? It was such fun and so inspiring! David Jacobson is a terrific teacher, knowlegeable, organized, and open to the ideas and cretire impulses of his students. I made a beautiful colored glass "stone" (paperweight) to give to my son. I highly recommend this experience!

Date of experience: January 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you, Juliane. I really enjoyed figuring out how to make the glass ‘stone’ with you. I’m so glad you enjoyed yourself. Thank you for the great review. Come back anytime.
Best,
David

Reviewed February 7, 2018

My girlfriend and I had been looking forward to this class with David with great anticipation. I can only say that it outlived our expectations! We made beautiful cylinder vases and it was very relaxed and stress free. David was very entertaining and shared lots of his knowledge on glass blowing. A perfect "10" for both of us. We shall return. Thank you David!

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

While exploring Trip Adviser for an afternoon of entertainment we found more much more. David exceeded our expectations by taking us into his world of artistry. Moving around effortlessly, showing the how, what and why of all aspects of his art,it became apparent this what he was life's vocation. We were there for over three hours never bored and sorry to leave. We eventually had a piece made for a Christmas gift for my wife's parents (who were a part of our of this visit). David is also active in the community, with his donation of several of his Christmas Tree ornament experiences, to the West Bay Rotary Christmas Tree sale fundraiser. It's not just something to do it is an experience.

Date of experience: September 2017
David J, Owner at Jacobson Glass Studio, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2017

Thanks, Ray, for this wonderful review. Really glad you enjoyed yourselves as much as you did. It is nice to know that my enthusiasm for what i do comes across to you. I'm glad you stayed as long as you did. And I hope all of you come back again soon.

Reviewed July 24, 2017

I've seen lots of glass blowing exhibitions before, but this is way different and way better. David's studio is not too far off Highway 3, so it is easy to get to if you are on your way to Bar Harbor or one of the other fun tourist destinations in that part of Maine. With David's tutelage and assistance, you actually get to blow glass and create a glass object like a vase or a glass. It was a great deal of fun and well worth going out of your way to do.

Date of experience: July 2017
David J, Owner at Jacobson Glass Studio, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2017

Hi, I'm so glad you had a good time. And that you had the chance to experience actually creating something out of glass. It is such an amazing process.
I'm only one mile off of Rt.3, so, I agree, I am easy to get to.
Hope you get a chance to return on your next trip to Maine.
Have a great rest of your summer.
David