TripAdvisor
Montville
Post
Inbox
Search

All reviews beautiful glass glass blowing his enthusiasm drinking glasses wonderful family experience whole process christmas ornaments works of art highlight of our trip patient teacher fun experience maine furnace demonstration belfast camden
Selected filters
Reviewed July 17, 2017

My boyfriend and I signed up at our B&B to take a glass blowing class with David. He was a super great guy and taught us about and included us in every step of the process. We came home with two beautiful pieces that I will cherish as keepsakes for many years to come.

We were in Maine for a week and this was one of the top 3 things we did which says a lot given all the great activities and restaurants in the area. We will definitely visit David again to go on another creative journey if we are in the area.

Thanks David!

Date of experience: July 2017
David J, Owner at Jacobson Glass Studio, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2017

Thanks so much, Yvonne. Really glad you both had such a good time. And I am very flattered that I came in the top 3 of your Maine Events. Impressive. Well, I love showing people the joy of glass, and I am glad you came and had a chance to experience it.
Have a great summer.

Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

I was recently at this lovely glass studio for a weekend with friends. We did a private lesson with David. Not only was he super responsive and easy to get in touch with, but we had an amazing time blowing our vases!! Absolutely a great experience and if you are in the area longer than one day you can pick it up the next day and go home with an awesome memory!! Thanks David!

Date of experience: July 2017
David J, Owner at Jacobson Glass Studio, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2017

Hi Kara,
So glad you and your friends had such a good time. As did I ,as always.
Hope you enjoy the rest of your summer, and your vases!
Best,
David

Reviewed July 7, 2017

My daughter and I took a glassblowing class with David and totally fell in love!! What a fantastic time we had learning this art. We both made different style vases and were able to choose from a variety of colors. Can't tell you how many compliments I've received on my beautiful purple and white speckled creation. It's a not-to-be-missed activity in Central Maine!!

Hi Jamie,
Thanks so much for your excellent review. And I am really glad you get compliments on what you made. How great is that? And it was really nice to meet you and your daughter.
Have a great summer.
Best,
David

Reviewed June 26, 2017

We went on a rainy day at suggestion of the Inn at Sunrise Point, where many of David's works are on display and for sale so we had a good idea of the artistry we would see ahead of time. However, nothing beats the experience of meeting David and watching him work. His Venetian style of glass blowing is traditional yet he makes it his own style. David gave very thorough explanations of each step in the process and we ended up buying the vase he made while we watched. Spectacular cobalt blue with purple. He even delivered it the next day to us since it has to sit overnight in the kiln. Thoroughly enjoyed meeting David and sharing in the experience. Our only regret - next time we will schedule ahead to do the hands on learning with David. Don't miss the visit!!

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed May 28, 2017

If a hands on experience in glass blowing is not on your list of things to do, you are missing out on a wonderful intimacy with creating something that is truly your own. David is a perfect teacher imparting his knowledge and wisdom about his art. You can clearly see his love of his art in his beautiful glass pieces as well as in his excitement in talking about this wonderful art form. You should not miss out on this adventure.

Date of experience: May 2017
DavidJacobsonGlass, Owner at Jacobson Glass Studio, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2017

Hi Linda, thank you for the great endorsement. I truly love teaching glass to new people, so I'm glad that came through to you. You made a beautiful vase.
Hope you come back so we can make some more!