All reviews beautiful glass glass blowing his enthusiasm drinking glasses wonderful family experience whole process christmas ornaments works of art highlight of our trip patient teacher fun experience maine furnace demonstration belfast camden
Selected filters
Reviewed July 7, 2017

My daughter and I took a glassblowing class with David and totally fell in love!! What a fantastic time we had learning this art. We both made different style vases and were able to choose from a variety of colors. Can't tell you how many compliments I've received on my beautiful purple and white speckled creation. It's a not-to-be-missed activity in Central Maine!!

Date of experience: July 2017
David J, Owner at Jacobson Glass Studio, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2017

Hi Jamie,
Thanks so much for your excellent review. And I am really glad you get compliments on what you made. How great is that? And it was really nice to meet you and your daughter.
Have a great summer.
Best,
David

Reviewed June 26, 2017

We went on a rainy day at suggestion of the Inn at Sunrise Point, where many of David's works are on display and for sale so we had a good idea of the artistry we would see ahead of time. However, nothing beats the experience of meeting David and watching him work. His Venetian style of glass blowing is traditional yet he makes it his own style. David gave very thorough explanations of each step in the process and we ended up buying the vase he made while we watched. Spectacular cobalt blue with purple. He even delivered it the next day to us since it has to sit overnight in the kiln. Thoroughly enjoyed meeting David and sharing in the experience. Our only regret - next time we will schedule ahead to do the hands on learning with David. Don't miss the visit!!

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed May 28, 2017

If a hands on experience in glass blowing is not on your list of things to do, you are missing out on a wonderful intimacy with creating something that is truly your own. David is a perfect teacher imparting his knowledge and wisdom about his art. You can clearly see his love of his art in his beautiful glass pieces as well as in his excitement in talking about this wonderful art form. You should not miss out on this adventure.

Date of experience: May 2017
DavidJacobsonGlass, Owner at Jacobson Glass Studio, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2017

Hi Linda, thank you for the great endorsement. I truly love teaching glass to new people, so I'm glad that came through to you. You made a beautiful vase.
Hope you come back so we can make some more!

Reviewed May 16, 2017

What a wonderful time we had with Jacobson Glass! My wife I were very pleased with the hospitality and fun we had while at your studio. The beautiful craftsmanship of the pieces was truly a work of art. Thank you again for such a great afternoon.

Date of experience: May 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
DavidJacobsonGlass, Owner at Jacobson Glass Studio, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2017

HI Dan and Libby,
So glad you had such a good time. So did I! Glassblowing is fun, isn't it?!? Hope you get out this way again.
Have a great summer.
David

Reviewed January 31, 2017

I have always been fascinated by glassblowing...loved watching and always wanted to try it out. I got my wish! I spent an hour with David Jacobson in his studio helping make a lovely vase. David explained each step and let me participate along the way. This was so fun!! I can't say enough about how great a job David did sharing the whole process. I will be back!

Date of experience: January 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
DavidJacobsonGlass, Owner at Jacobson Glass Studio, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2017

Hi Sharon, I'm so glad you had such a great time. Your vase came out beautifully. Isn't glassblowing amazing? I really enjoyed sharing the experience with you. I do hope you come back. We'll make something else. Maybe a little more complicated!!