“Waste of Money”

Woodington Lake Golf Club
Ranked #2 of 5 things to do in Tottenham
More attraction details
Owner description: Owned and operated by the Allard family and located in the rolling hills of Tottenham, Woodington Lake is a highly respected semi-private 36 hole golf facility ranked as one of Ontario's finest. Purchased in 1994 in a semi-completed state, the golf course underwent a major redesign and opened to rave reviews in 1995. In 1999, Woodington Lake opened its unique 32,000 square foot clubhouse - with facilities for tournaments, banquets, private boardroom meetings, weddings, and other social functions. Gatherings of 30 to 340 can be accommodated depending on the particular need. The clubhouse offers outstanding cuisine, spectacular views, and superb locker room facilities. The fully stocked pro shop offers a large selection of golf clubs and other golf related merchandise, at competitive prices.
Reviewed August 16, 2016

Awful experience! So poorly organized and run, can't believe the business functions. Food was bland and boring, no good alternatives for allergies and restrictions. Not clean, table clothes stained. Golf course was disappointing. Waste of money.

Date of experience: April 2016
"challenge"
"score"
"trees"

Reviewed July 11, 2016

We played the Legends course and found it a great golf course. Tough but fair and some really pretty holes. The driving range is on mats and use just for quick warm up (no woods allowed). For the $65 with cart, we will be back!

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed August 20, 2015

I am with the Horticultural Society and we had our AGM there.....food was fantastic and ambiance was amazing. Have not personally golfed there but they say it is one of the best cours4es in Ontario... Hostessing at our function for approx 15o was amazing!

Date of experience: May 2015
1  Thank Lou-SueC
Reviewed April 22, 2015

The location and facility was very inviting and surrounded by nature. Food needed a little more inspiration but family gathering was a success.

Date of experience: April 2015
1  Thank Europe2009Tuscany
See more reviews
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We hosted a party with over 30 family members at Woodington Lake Golf Club recently. The following is a critique of the venue, not the golf course.

The food wasn't bad but the presentation could use a lot of help. Apparently a "well known" European chef was hired to cater our function. Although it was seasoned well and the meat wasn't dry, it was stone cold. Likewise, the coffee they served was also cold. Some of the portions of meat were either too big or too small. The service was terrible. They wanted us to eat our antipasto dish on a tiny bread and butter plate. I had to ask them for bigger plates. They did not bother to make additional fruit platters and I had to ask the waitresses to pass the fruit around (and provide more plates). The ice cream lacked presentation. It was scooped into a bowl without any additional garnishings. It looked like something I serve my kids at home. The "icing on the cake" was when I asked the waitress to cut and serve the cake I brought in...she said she thought I was going to do that! Why did I book a venue for a party if I have to direct and point out basic items about the service? In addition, the hosts (myself and my husband) were served last. Some guests didn't get a plate of the pasta or the cake because they weren't in their seats. I had to constantly remind the staff about plates, the food or lack of etc...I don't think that was my job. I could have hosted at home.

In terms of the wine, it was agreed prior to the party that bottles would be put on the table and guests could help themselves. Instead it was served to our guests. They did not follow our agreed upon arrangements.

Overall we felt that the management did not pay attention to any details and did not make an effort to please her customers. The worst part is that there was a dirty coffee cup which management noticed and decided to move around the table rather than replace. We paid good money for terrible service and mediocre food. Be prepared to be charged a service charge and extras like linens. Also, all alcohol is charged separately from the meal. Be prepared to pay over $10 for a Remy Martin. Nothing is included in the price of the plate aside from some centrepieces. Not worth the money. I would never host a party here again. When these details were brought to the management's attention, it was "brushed off" as ignorance. "We didn't know." Yet at the time of booking, management went on and on about all the parties that were hosted there. Talk is cheap. Apparently her "best staff" was hired to serve our guests. Scary.

Date of experience: March 2014