Harbour House Hotel
$321
Seabreeze Inne(Salt Spring Island)
$78
Travelocity
$164
$132
Thunderbird Motor Inn(Duncan)(Great Value!)
$68
Falcon Nest Motel(Duncan)(Great Value!)
$61
$110
$103
$86
$75
TripAdvisor
Mayne Island Resort(Mayne Island)
Hotels.com
All reviewssalt spring islandgas fireplacesaturday marketbeautiful viewbalconyharbourgardensaltspringpubfurnishingsferrysuppliesvancouvervictoria
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 30, 2010

We were pleasantly charmed by the Harbour House Inn on Salt Spring Island. Right from the beginning we were greeted with a smile, and our dogs with a puppy treat bag of local goodies from the island. The room was quaint with a lovely view of the harbour, and the organic garden in the back was a wonderful surprise. I really loved the idea that we could eat food that was grown right on site in the restaurant. Overall we were very happy with our stay, and would be glad to recommend it to others and stay there the next time we are in town.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2010

Good location, great view, friendly staff. A foamy for the bed was provided to accomodate special needs. Request 1st floor room if staircase poses problem. No elevator.

Reviewed March 22, 2010

I had never been to Saltspring Island before, but decided too when I saw an ad in the Vancouver paper asking if I was curious about Saltspring, with a funny picture of a goat. The price was great, even with the ten extra dollars per day for my dachshund. I rode my motorcycle over on the BC Ferry (Victoria, and then the small Ferry to Saltspring) and entered a simpler time in life, where things slowed way down and became pleasant. A short ride brought me to the small town of Ganges, and the Harbour House hotel. Small but clean room, friendly staff and nice restaurant. The Owners took me on a tour of the organic farm behind the hotel, where I met Lily, the funny goat from the picture in the ad!

There is a quaint French pattiserie across the street from the hotel, with a charming lady from Bordeaux who makes loveley little pastries and very good coffee. You can walk a couple hundred yards to Ganges and tour the little stores. I also learned that $100 gets you a floatplane ride directly from Downtown Vancouver. Not as romantic as the motorcycle ride, but I might try that sometime for excitement.

If you go, you'll love it. I'll be back.

Reviewed March 22, 2010

We just returned from a three-night stay at the Harbour House Hotel and very much enjoyed our visit. The staff are very friendly and helpful. We stayed in one of the deluxe rooms with a spa tub and enjoyed the extra space the room offered. We also very much enjoyed the deck overlooking the harbour and the gas fireplace on the deck to warm things up. We had a very nice breakfast in the restaurant, the food was very good with local ingredients used whenever possible. Our room was very quiet and comfortable. It is also an easy walk from the hotel into the town of Ganges where there are interesting shops and many fine places to eat. We have stayed at Harbour House several times in the past and will do so again in the future.

Reviewed March 10, 2010

This hotel is just outside the centre of Ganges on Salt Spring Island. We were greeted by very friendly staff. The room had an ocean view with a good sized balcony where we sat with our evening drink. The sunrise over the harbour was spectacular. The room was simple, two queen beds, a TV, small fridge, WiFi, small but adequate bathroom. It is a quiet time of year so I don't think the hotel was very busy. There was some noise from the restaurant but it was quiet after 10. Our room was at the end of the hallway, close to the restaurant so I doubt this is an issue in any other rooms.
The restaurant was absolutely excellent. There was live music on Friday and Saturday nights. We had three dinners and three breakfasts during our three night stay. All were delicious. They have an organic garden, press their own apple juice and serve their own maple syrup. The prime rib dinner on Sunday evening was the best I've ever had. We had a delightful server who seemed to be on duty for every meal.
I will definitely return to this hotel and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends