Wisteria Guest House B&B
$315
Travelocity
$140
Priceline
Seabreeze Inne(Salt Spring Island)
$113
$134
$130
Travelocity
Thunderbird Motor Inn(Duncan)(Great Value!)
$67
Falcon Nest Motel(Duncan)(Great Value!)
$51
$114
$106
$85
$66
$74
All reviewsplumssalt spring islandtwo coursesgourmet breakfastwarm receptionwater jughandmade soapssitting dining roomevery morninggracious hostsminute walkbeds were very comfortabletea and coffeebed and breakfastfresh fruitlovely spotlovely garden
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 9, 2013

As many have said, the breakfast is excellent and the property is lovely. However,for the price, I found the accommodation quite rustic. The room felt damp and the furniture was very plain. Len was helpful and friendly, while Beverly was curt at times and not very friendly. Too busy making croissants, I guess.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Carol S
lenbrown, Owner at Wisteria Guest House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

I am only responding to this review in order to show how people see things differently. The previous reviewer stayed in the exact same room just a week before and found the room to be "delightful, with comfortable beds, lovely linens, and absolutely fabulous colors". At the same time, Beverly went from being "welcoming" to "not very friendly". Fortunately, most people see it the first way.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

The Wisteria Guest House provided possibly the best breakfast I've ever eaten at a B&B. The guest house is extraordinarily well run, and our room was delightful, with comfortable beds, lovely linens, and absolutely fabulous colors.

Beverly and Len were welcoming to me and my 12-year-old daughter, and gave excellent suggestions for exploring and eating, absolutely lovely and professional.

The common area had delicious tea available anytime, several comfortable places to read or, if necessary, "internet," and, again, fabulous colors, tastefully arranged collections of vintage items, and beautiful but unobtrusive music playing.

Lovely places to sit outside, a place to store our bikes, a 10-minute walk to Ganges for dinner...I look forward to coming back with my husband.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This guest house has beautiful gardens and lovely places to curl up with a good book if you wish. The hosts are skilled and experienced in the hospitality industry, especially Beverley who is a trained and experienced chef.
Breakfast included warm almond croissants, fresh fruit and yogurt, eggs and good coffee.
You are away from the hussle and bussle of Ganges and close enough to walk to the shops and restaurants.
A wonderful place for a retreat and/or vacation.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have an en-suite bathroom. Ours did and it was great.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy M
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Had the pleasure of staying two nights in this lovely B and B off the beaten path. I did some research for me and my 5 girlfriends to celebrate my 50th birthday. What drew me to this location was that there was room for all of us to spread out (lots of deck and gardens) and take in both private and social time. The house is located close to Ganges so making short trips with drop offs manageable. The breakfasts were delicious and the staff made our stay welcoming. We also enjoyed the lounge area to socialize and celebrate. Salt Spring island offers a variety of activities and coming 'home' to Wisteria to it's R and R made this a trip I won't soon forget.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed at this lovely B&B with 5 other girlfriends for a 50th birthday getaway celebration. The hosts Len and Bev are very kind and accomodating hosts who served up a fabulous 2 course breakfast both mornings we were there. I have food allergies and they were very quick to check and provide meals that were safe for me to eat. They were delicious and included home grown fruits and veggies and herbs.Our rooms were clean and bright and provided the basic amenities we needed.We also had a ceiling fan to keep us cool for sleeping and lots of fresh air from our two windows. The Wisteria is in a great location with a very peaceful setting and lovely gardens. We enjoyed sitting in the sunny garden area with a good book and a beverage or two and were close to town to check out all the local shops and restaurants. Would definately recommend this B&B to any one who likes to stay in a charming euro style setting..

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends