“Real paradise on the earth !!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Nam Hai Hoi An - a GHM hotel

You added The Nam Hai Hoi An - a GHM hotel to your Saves list
The Nam Hai Hoi An - a GHM hotel
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Hamlet 1, Dien Duong Village | Dien Ban District, Dien Duong, Hoi An, Vietnam   |
Hotel packages
Hotel virtual tour
Offers & Announcements
Sweet Valentine's
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dien Duong
London, England, United Kingdom
“Real paradise on the earth !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

It's just out of standard about everything in Nam Hai Hoi An.

First of all, I have to talk about the staff standards here, nothing to complain about. The staffs were so helpful, especially about the butler. You can ask them about anything , they will try their best.

Second, about the bed, we did have a not too big queen size bed as I expected. But indeed, the snack in the room and the afternoon tea were amazing ( however I didn't like the cake in the afternoon tea much).

Third, the restaurant, there are two restaurants, one is Vietnamese and other is Western. They are both amazing however the menu in the western needs to be variety. The breakfast should change every three days which would make me less bored.

Fourth, the spa just made me really disappoint about the staff behavior. They booked my appointment for three people ( we had them free from the package), they didn't give me a notice what I would be offer in the package. So I chose the more expensive one ( when I checked the price) and when we all arrived to the spa, they said we had to change to the cheaper one. However after that they said they didn't have enough staffs to do and we had to come back later. What a shame !

However , apart from that, everything was amazing. I was there three times with my family in the three bed-rooms pool villa. You should try and feel what I felt.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Walter H, Manager at The Nam Hai Hoi An - a GHM hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you very much for your recent stay at The Nam Hai and for going out of your way to provide us with your feedback. We relished reading that you felt pampered by your Butler as well as the other staff members and enjoyed dining in our two restaurants. Your suggestion about the breakfast buffet is taken to heart and we will rotate the hot items on the breakfast buffet more frequently. As for the spa, please accept our apologies for the miscommunication about the inclusions of your package. The situation was reviewed with the spa team and the necessary action steps were taken to prevent similar occurrences. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused. Once again, thank you very much for your visit and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon again. Walter Hess, Resident Manager.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I have stayed at the best hotels in the world from the Burj al Arab in Dubai, George V in Paris, Las Ventanas in Cabo and am a certified hotel snob (well not a snob but I like really nice things). This hotel is on par with all the best hotels in the world. My villa was ocean front with a very large private pool. The beach was beautiful. The service was impeccable from my dedicated butler who took care of everything from turn down service, room service, etc to the yoga instructor who would come to the villa for 1 on 1 yoga classes. The spa is incredible. Compared to other world class hotels the Nam Hai is a good value. Beautiful rooms, incredible setting, great service, BMW to transport you wherever you want to go. The resto's and bar were very nice and the food was very good. I recommend this hotel as high as the best in the world. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The villas are amazing with the private pools - mine had an ocean view which added to the experience...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Botraveler1
McCrae, VIC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My wife & I spent 9 nights at the Nam Hai in a Beachfront villa. The resort was magnificent in every way. Staff were very friendly and obliging. Layout excellent with 3 different pools catering for children and adults. Three different dining choices with upstairs bar for snacks, poolside restaurant with full menu as was main restaurant area where also breakfast was served. Rooms serviced daily with fresh fruit and ample bottled water. Turn down service also at night. We received 2 complimentary 3 course dinners and complimentary 1 hour massages with further 30% discount on other massages and services. Large gym area with latest easy to use equipment. Free shuttle service operates 4 times daily to Hoi An city (15 min). Staff operate free buggy service in & around resort 24 hrs. All up an excellent experience. Despite high cost was value for money. Will definitely be back next year.

Room Tip: Beachside villas are some distance from main restaurant and pool area. If not fussy about actual be...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Truly a wonderful place to stay. We took a 3-bed villa, which consists of 3 individual sleeping suites (very generous size, with sitting, dressing and bathing areas) plus a huge pavilion with seating and dining areas. Also a very generous-sized private pool and garden, making use of the central pool unnecessary. My only criticism would be that there were no fridges in the pavilion, so to get a drink you had to go back to the bedrooms.

Our villa was some way back from the beach, so it was a few minutes sandy trek to the water despite it being advertised as beachfront, but China beach itself is almost deserted and pretty much perfect.

Service was good - you get your own butler who is always on call and can help arrange your days, as well as get you in-room food. It's a 15-minute ride into Hoi An itself, but we never had to wait long for the shuttle and you are encouraged to use your butler to book in advance.

I didn't use the spa but I did try the gym, which was spacious and well-equipped (although the TV was a bit iffy). The site is also so large that you can take a 30-minute run and not retrace your steps more than once. My wife and daughter had a massage and various beauty treatments and raved about the quality - value for money was reasonable too.

As others have noticed, the only real annoyance is the pricing at the restaurant. No question, it is excellent, high-end food, generally local fusion with western, but the contrast with the good Hoi An restaurants (and the best are also definite 5-stars) is so striking - you are paying 5 to 10 times as much just to eat in the hotel. So we ate in Hoi An every evening bar one.

We fully intend returning in 2014: the resort experience, combined with the beauty of Hoi An and the other local antiquities, plus the experience of local food and visiting the tailors make a brilliant 3 or 4 day getaway.

Room Tip: Do look at the diagram and ask for specific numbered villas. The resort is designed like the teeth o...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Walter H, Manager at The Nam Hai Hoi An - a GHM hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
It was lovely to read that the three bedroom pool villa suited the needs of your family holiday and that you felt well looked after by your Butler. The TVs in the gym will be checked at once to ensure they work properly and have a good quality signal.

As for prices of food and beverage offerings, we admit we do charge more in comparison to free standing restaurants in Hoi An, chiefly due to the fact that we use only high quality ingredients, conduct food preparations in an environment where strict hygiene of international standards is being followed, provide staff members with regular English lessons and other food and beverage related training, maintain impeccable surroundings with quality china, glass and silverware, to mention but a few examples – all of which have a certain cost associated with.

Thank you very much for your recent visit as well as the feedback provided. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the foreseeable future. Walter Hess, Resident Manager.
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I had heard about the Nam Hai from a friend as well as a family member and my visit lived up to their positive reviews and those posted on TA.

The villa I stayed in was massive for one person and I loved the layout and luxury which was totally luxurious and suited my intention for a chill out get away.

One of the stand out experiences for me was my arrival. I came in a local taxi as I was coming from another hotel where I had been staying with a group of girls for a hens week celebration. Whilst I had provided an estimated arrival time, I was blown away when the guy who greeted me, opened the door of the taxi and welcomed me by my name. I don't know how they did it but it was impressive.

- The spa is phenomenal and the treatments were amongst some of the best I have ever had worldwide.
- The buffet breakfast had an excellent selection probably one of the best I have seen, with a good focus on healthy food choices as well as the indulgences.
- I only ate at the pool side restaurant and the food there was exceptional and beautifully presented.
- The guy who runs the early morning meditation and yoga was fantastic and provided a great start to the day.
- The wifi in the car that took me to the airport on departure was a brilliant touch as well.

I was incredibly impressed by the attitude of the staff and how they communicated well to ensure a high level of service delivery. I ordered a special drink by the pool on the first day of my stay and on the second day, the young guy who was looking after my area by the pool asked me whether I would like the same drink - he was not the same person who had served me the day before. A great demonstration of the great communication between the staff side and the strong focus on personalised service that was a consistent part of my Nam Hai experience.

Love the Nam Hai and will definitely go back!

Room Tip: If you don't want to have to get a buggy in to the central services, request a room close to the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank jambsiz
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We had a fantastic 3 nights stay at the hotel. It is every bit as good as the reviews suggest. It is a very nice place to stay with a lot of atmosphere. We also loved the hospitality and smile of the staff. The room was spacious and beautifully decorated.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The Nam Hai is probably the best resort I've stayed at. The free shuttle to the nearby heritage town of Hoi An (which takes 15 minutes) means you have the best of both worlds - a beautiful villa on a perfect white-sand beach with all mod-cons and a car-free ancient Southeast Asian trading port with fantastic street food and a glimpse of an Asia that has been left behind in the cities that most of us know. It's not cheap but from the resort-wide free wifi (including the car picking you up at the airport) to complimentary soft drinks in your fridge and use of the tennis courts as well as the gym, I would have rated it as good value if the sticker price of its spa and restaurants wasn't over the top. USD20 for a burger is off the big mac scale. With best-in-class banh mi available in town for USD1, even on a rainy-day, it just didn't make sense to try all that the Nam Hai had to offer. I'd still go back though, and would recommend it to you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sunrise Hoi An Resort
#47 of 113 in Hoi An
4.5 of 5 stars 1,929 reviews
Victoria Hoi An Beach Resort & Spa

Been to The Nam Hai Hoi An - a GHM hotel? Share your experiences!