Review Highlights
Highly recommend

I probably don’t really know how to put into words how amazing our 2d1n Trip with these guys was... read more

Reviewed yesterday
annaloni231
Innsbruck, Austria
Tetebatu trek with Jaya is amazing!!!!!

Reviewed January 7, 2019
camilamuratore
via mobile

All reviews two days crater rim his team great food sleeping bag one night mount rinjani worth the effort small group arranged everything next morning an amazing experience great trip rock climbing trekking tour his lovely wife bring enough
Selected filters
Reviewed January 7, 2019 via mobile

I did the Tetebatu Crater Rim trek with Jaya this January, and the trek was unbelievable!!!! Highly recommend, if you’re lucky with the wether the views are stunning and the whole experience of trekking and camping in the jungle was unforgettable!
Jaya took care of me like I was his own daughter, i’ve stayed at his homestay before the trek, he picked me up and dropped me of. The guides on the trekking were super helpful, did an amazing job caring the bags and cooking.
For anyone looking for an adventure, you should seriously consider this trek and for sure do it with Jaya!

Date of experience: January 2019
1  Thank camilamuratore
Reviewed October 24, 2018 via mobile

We have just completed Jaya's Tetebatu crater rim trek (Rinjani itself is currently closed), and I have to say it was wonderful!
Jaya and his team are fantastic, friendly guides who looked after our small group brilliantly. The trek is two days and one night and is very steep at times, but there's plenty of opportunity to rest.
We were collected from the airport on the previous evening and taken to our first night's accommodation in Tetebatu. The next morning the start of the trek was a short drive away. You begin by walking up through apple and monkey forests, with the trail gradually becoming steeper. We were soon hiking through the clouds, which meant lovely, cool temperatures. Lunch was really delicious spring rolls and plenty of string Lombok coffee (all the meals were great). After lunch, the trail becomes steeper, but a few hours later we arrived at the camp site, from which we got some great sunset views of Rinjani.
Day two's trekking began at 4am, with a 2 hour hike up to the summit of the crater rim - AMAZING, FABULOUS, STAGGERING VIEWS! I've trekked in the Himalayas, on Kilimanjaro and in the Atlas Mountains and these views are as good as any of those - definitely worth the effort to get up there!
The hike back down is certainly tiring and our legs are aching now, but it's nothing a few Bintangs won't cure!
I'd recommend Jaya to anyone - really professional, good value service, and Lombok needs tourists again after the earthquake.
Thank you Jaya and your team for a magical experience!

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

Positive: We did not meet anyone else during the 3 days trekking, there was little rubbish on the trek, the porters were really friendly and helpful, the food was good, the camping gear was good and the views were amazing.

Negative: The accommodation in Tetebatu was the worst from the 3 weeks in Bali/Lombok (but I think we had bad luck). When we went down to the lake we didn't have water left (miscommunication because we didn't know there was no water source at our camp site at the crater rim), so we went down during midday without water at hot temperatures. The way down was really dangerous, you could slip and die if you were not careful.

If you are looking for a thrill, do down to the crater lake. Otherwise the 2 days trip to the second summit should be enough and offers amazing views!!

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

Wow. My boyfriend and I decided to book through Jaya trekker at the recommendation of our guesthouse- not referencing any reviews prior, we decided to give it a go! We were immediately reassured by the bright and genuine energy of the staff- we met our guide Ofick the day prior and knew we were going to enjoy this experience regardless of the conditions or rigor. Our expectations were totally blown away! We trekked to crater rim with 1 guide and 2 porters- all of whom were beautiful and genuine people. The mentality of the team was refreshing- all about relaxing and soaking up the experience. We were totally shocked when the first meal was prepped- so much careful attention is put into each meal- the taste and presentation- A plus. Of course our porter Bendi, also the expert chef, was totally humble throughout and his top priority was always on others. My boyfriend and I felt at peace and welcomed into the lives of this group. On a deep human level we found our experience to reflect total selflessness and now several weeks later we still bring up these wonderful people in our daily conversations . As for the trek inself- beautiful, rewarding, highly exceeded expectations, and refreshing to be away from massive crowds. Overall, we are incredibly happy to have made new friends and to have been taken on an unforgettable journey.

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank laurahalverstadt
Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

We had a fabulous experience climbing Rinjani volcano from the less-traveled side. Jaya is very welcoming and his guides and porters are kind and professional. Although we had heavy rain on the way up, skies cleared overnight and the view at sunrise over the lake was phenomenal. Bring sufficient warm clothing as it’s cold up there (5C). Food was excellent and tent and sleeping bags were clean and tidy. An unforgettable trip!

Date of experience: July 2018