Needed to relocate after air conditioner failed at previous hotel. Alex showed us two rooms, both within our (modest) budget. Pros: Great location on a quiet cul de sac away from the busy main road. Safe parking, attentive staff, 24-hour security, clean cozy rooms (we could have chosen a HUGE 3-bedroom suite but we were sticking to a leaner budget), short walk to the Jungle Surf Cafe and others, great surf location. Cons: Budget linens, funky shower flowed hot on LOW setting only, and then not for very long, no safe in room, not sure we got any maid service. Bottom Line: For the price, this place was clean, cool and comfortable, RIGHT on the beach, deserted (when we were there) and beautifully landscaped. This is now our GO TO destination on the Puntarenas Coast. Skip Jaco. Stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marea Brava hotel and condos are located in Playa Hermosa (translation: "beautiful beach"). We have two pools, 24hr security, a bar, ATV tours, secured parking, wireless internet, beautiful gardens, beachfront location, air conditioning, maid service, and laundry service. We can arrange any number of exciting local tours and excursions right from our concierge desk. There are (2) one bedroom hotel rooms and (5) two bedroom hotels rooms. The beachfront penthouse condo is uniquely decorated & located on the top floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Marea Brava reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marea Brava Playa Hermosa
- Marea Brava Costa Rica/Playa Hermosa