I stayed at the Marea Brava Hotel in Hermosa, Costa Rica for almost 4 weeks Oct-Nov. 2013.
The American owner, Jamey Harmon and his staff were just wonderful. Their hospitality and
desire to serve were simply at an elite level.
The room rate was super for the off season. Keyner is bilingual and helped a great deal with the local guests as well as English speaking guests. Karla could only speak Spanish, but her welcome with a warm smile and good eye contact made it easy to work with as she found someone to help with communication. Both provided a plethora of suggestions and information
regarding things to do and places to go.
Located right on the beach, the pool was clean and family friendly, especially on weekends. On occasion there were only a few couples at the pool. The poolside bar was run by Tom, Jamey's brother.
The suites were large, clean and perfect for multiple guests or families.
Marea Brava is a hidden jewel for any traveler or surfing enthusiast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marea Brava hotel and condos are located in Playa Hermosa (translation: "beautiful beach"). We have two pools, 24hr security, a bar, ATV tours, secured parking, wireless internet, beautiful gardens, beachfront location, air conditioning, maid service, and laundry service. We can arrange any number of exciting local tours and excursions right from our concierge desk. There are (2) one bedroom hotel rooms and (5) two bedroom hotels rooms. The beachfront penthouse condo is uniquely decorated & located on the top floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Marea Brava reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marea Brava Playa Hermosa
- Marea Brava Costa Rica/Playa Hermosa