“Experience of surfing”

Soul Surf Surfing School
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn how to surf and SUP all year long with Soul Surf surf camp and school.Live the experience with the true spirit of surfing:-All ages and levels-Experienced and profesional instructors-Especials price for groups-C.P.R, AED and First Aid Certication-Water Rescue certified-Surf an SUP camps,lessons and tours-Airport hotel pick up service
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Soul surfing offers the opportunity to learn how to surf, how the feel the sea and the waves. The instructor has a great charisma to teach and take care of you. I felt confident every time I surf with him. Higly recommended!

1  Thank Melissa S
"shore"
in 4 reviews
"session"

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We just got back from a trip to Los Suenos, and we were so lucky to find Soul Surf. I'm a 60 year old guy who has never surfed, and my son is 16 with some prior experience.

Armel was an excellent teacher, tailoring his instruction to each of our levels. It is clear he's taught hundreds of people to surf, and know just what to say to get you up and surfing. In addition, the location is perfect for beginners (warm water, sandy bottom, perfect depth, waves of just the right size to learn).

In addition, Armel and his wife couldn't have been nicer or gracious (they even readily agreed to stop at a grocery store for us on our way back so we could do some quick shopping).

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I recently just got back from a family trip to Costa Rica. We were staying in Los Suenos but booked a lesson for Soul Surf through a booking service. It was the best luck I've had in a very long time to get put with Soul Surf.

I've been surfing for over 10 years and have a ton of experience but I do not speak Spanish and have learned in traveling all over the world to find surf, a local surf guide can really make your trip the most incredible trip of your life. Armel and his wife Valeria made our trip more then incredible, it was true soul surfing!

I was traveling with my Mom (who doesn't surf) My older brother (a short boarder) who has experience, but spends his days in an office so was out of shape and my Dad who boggie boards...myself, being a female surfer with a lot of experience, I will surf any board but my true love is long boarding, long lefts...it is always a challenge to enter a new line up and figure out where the tides and winds are working. Whats on the bottom and where the rocks or reefs are... Let alone car rental and the right place to rent a board...Soul Surf picks you up at your hotel, house or anywhere, brings the perfect equipment for your level and even choices of boards and takes you right to where the waves are perfect for you that day. After 15 minutes out in the water with Armel from Soul Surf I asked him to be our guide for the next 8 days, it was the best thing to happen to our family.

There were days where I went with him by myself and the rest of the group did something else and days where we all went and had just as much fun. Soul Surf took us all over the central pacific coast and every spot was perfect. His English is great and he's very professional especially in explaining each surf break. One thing we learned quickly is that each break changes from hour to hour and it was priceless to have his guidance.

His beautiful wife Valeria also took incredible pictures of all of us and even used my camera to take pictures. My dad always has trouble finding the right fins for boggieboarding and they tried a few different pairs for him on different days before finding the perfect pair. They showed us where to eat and introduced us to their family, this type of hospitality is everything and more you should expect from Soul Surf.

If you've never surfed and want to learn the basics, or if you are traveling with a group and want to escape for a few hours and surf, or if you are traveling to Costa Rica to find perfect waves and get back to nature and just need a great company to pick you up with a board and tell you where to paddle out, this is THE company for anyone looking to surf any enjoy the beauty of Costa Rica.

3  Thank Jillian F
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Surf lessons with Soul Surfing was the best thing we did all week! Finding a common activity for a family with an 8yr old and 10 yr old boy and adults 30-45 is not easy task. We all love the water but none of us had surfed until our day with Armel. Our 2 hour surf lesson was excellent. Armel is a very patient teacher who encouraged us every step of the way from wipe out to actual ride on the wave. Within a very short time we were up and actually surfing! Armel's attention to detail and ability to communicate even the smallest adjustment in technique has us feeling proud of our efforts! This was a lot of fun! We were all laughing and truly enjoying our family bonding time together.

This was our last day in Costa Rica. If we had more time, I would have surfed with Armel everyday. His passion for teaching surfing is evident and his enthusiasm is contagious. I highly recommend that you book at least one day or an entire surf week with Armel. Even if you are a beginner don't worry. This is the place for you.

Thank you Soul Surfing Costa Rica!