New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Energizing and inspiring at the same time!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vida Asana Eco-Retreat and Yoga Center

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa Hermosa
Vida Asana Eco-Retreat and Yoga Center
You added Vida Asana Eco-Retreat and Yoga Center to your Saves list
USA
“Energizing and inspiring at the same time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I had a great energizing experience at Vida Asana! It's the perfect place to enjoy a vacation: the amenities are beautiful, is closely located to the beach and surfing spots and the yoga is awesome! And most importantly, Alex (the host) is a wonderful person who makes you feel very welcome and comfortable.
I would highly recommend this place!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank NcvW

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I had a great stay at Vida Asana. Alejandro was so welcoming and accomodated me to be comfortable in every way he could. If i had a need or concern he was ready to help out wanting my stay to be good. I only took a yoga class with Alejandro. His charming personality was so present in his class and in his beautiful shala. It was such a gift. As a yoga teacher myself i appreciated his energy, creativity and ability to feel like a completely unique practice with his personality shining through. Buddha (the resident dog) was the sweetest little guy ever. If you didn't want him to bother you he wouldn't. Alejandro is an amazing musician and gives piano and drumming classes. The beach was beautiful and retreating back to Vida Asana at the end of the day and waking in the morning was so peaceful. The nature there and the vibe was very nurturing.

Room Tip: Let them know what you want......remember to have a pura vida attitude and it will be all good. :)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank shastafaerie
AljandroG, Manager at Vida Asana Eco-Retreat and Yoga Center, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Hola shastafaerie:

Thanks for the post! I't was great to have you with us. You became part of Vida Asana right away.
We are already missing and We will be always waiting for your return! Much light on your path
Namaste.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

When I first got to Costa Rica I didn't know what to expect. We were picked up at the airport and driven to Vida Asana. First let me start off by saying that if you wish to experience Costa Rica like a Costa Rican then this is the place to go. Fresh fruit and three delicious cooked meals everyday. A very loving staff and wonderful scenery.
I read the the "bad" reveiw that was posted and let me just say that you can tell that the person who wrote that isn't really intouch with their true self. This is not a luxurious hotel people. If you want luxury then you won't have a true Costa Rican/yoga experience. Buda, the dog that runs freely through the resort is the most loving and loyal dog I have ever met. He's a dog, he's supposed to bark. When I left to come back home, it was very hard for me to say goodbye to Buda and of course the host and staff.
Vida Asana is only about 5 minutes from the beach and about 10 minutes from a beautiful waterfall that I could've spent days at. I can keep going on and on about my wonderful visit to Costa Rica but ill end it here.
You can choose luxury or you can choose Vida Asana, a true Costa Rican experience.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank broggs
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

The yoga classes with Alex were great! I definitely recommend them. Especially the 6pm one. The setting is unbelievable. I uploaded 2 pictures, check them out.

As I said in the title I did not stay in Vida Asana so I have no comments on the accommodations.

Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank kalliopi888
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

we went to vida asana, the first thing that greeted us was a giant american staff dog wich is set free in the place, it imediatly started barking at us, reportadly it bit 2 dogs already and yet he is free *not exactly yoga mood* then we were taken to the room, DIRTY in every corner of the room cob webs then there was the left over sope and a womens leg shaving equipment in the shower *later we were shocked to find there actually is a cleaning lady there* ofcourse there was no hot water and the tiny pool looked like it hadent been cleaned in years. the hostes said she will put the dog in the house yet later and in the morning he again was set free. when we wanted to check out of this god forsaken place the hosts were not there until 1400 *even though check out was at 12* they just went on a trip. yes the yoga was good but as far as the place dont even think about staying there, for us the crapy nature of the hostes that was also the yoga instractor was enough to make us leave imediatly!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lusy s
AljandroG, Owner at Vida Asana Eco-Retreat and Yoga Center, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear friend:
So sorry to hear about your experience. Although, I don't recall this events, we feel that we owe you an apology and a free stay for you or a friend or family you will like to send.
We would love the opportunity to show you how beautiful, well maintain Vida Asana is.
No mean dogs or dirty rooms will be found on your visit. Only a hospitable friendly and caring environment. You will be surrounded by nature, singing birds, beach and waterfalls.
Enjoy yoga practice, surf, good meals from our vegetable garden, a sustainable lifestyle , all what we are about.
Please accept our invitation and allow us to vindicate your past experience.

Sincerely
Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort
Oceano Boutique Hotel & Gallery
Hotel & Club Punta Leona
Room2Board Hostel and Surf School

Been to Vida Asana Eco-Retreat and Yoga Center? Share your experiences!