“Awesome” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Plaza Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa Hermosa
Plaza Resort
You added Plaza Resort to your Saves list
50 meters west of soccer field, Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica   |
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Couldn't have asked for anything more. Full kitchen. Two bedrooms. Two bathrooms. Pool overlooking the beach. Really, really nice. Perfect for couples (or multiple couples or couple w/ kids). Hermosa is the place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

I got married a month ago and this is where my wife and I began our honeymoon. We had been to playa hermosa before and have always wanted to stay here. it did not disappoint. Beautiful 2 bedroom apartment with a balcony right on playa hermosa. Its the ideal set up for me and my wife. Pool on the beach with great waves right out front. We couldn't ask for more. It's great that you have a full kitchen there to as I was able to make coffee and breakfast every morning after I surfed for my wife and I and we'd sit out on the balcony and eat with a priceless ocean view. The food in the area is great too and if you want to head to Jaco for some food be sure to hit up I heart Sushi. Amazing fish! We loved Plaza Resort and can't wait to go back. Jeff, the owner, is fantastic too. Very easy to get a hold of via email and returns emails very promptly. He runs the place like its a business which doesn't always happen in Playa Hermosa. One more note, the plant life on the grounds are beautiful and very well taken care of. Just amazing all around.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

Pristine apartment with a fully stocked kitchen. Right on Hermosa beach with a gorgeous swimming pool. Surfing right our front is great if you're a pro, we drove down to the south end of Jaco beach for smaller, beginner waves. Our place had 2 bathroom, 2 bedrooms a huge dinning room, living room and a great balcony. Everything looked brand new

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank xbandit
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

My husband and I stayed on the second floor of The Plaza Resort and absolutely loved it! It is literally right on the beach, with picturesque sunsets and fantastic surf. You could watch the surfers for hours. The black sand beach was peaceful and quiet. There is also a private pool which was refreshing and beautifully lit for night swiming. The rooms were immaculate and high end, it was like a five star hotel. This place was just minutes away from Jaco, so the location could not have been better. We enjoyed deep sea fishing, zip-lining, restaurants with seafood caught that day and beachside bars at night. Also, there is a fantastic beachside breakfast spot, just a walk down the beach. One of our favorite memories was watching a sea turtle lay her eggs on the beach right before our eyes and then return to the ocean! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sophiekurtz
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

I stayed in the second floor beachfront unit for 4 days and sooooo wish I could have stayed longer. What an amazing place, it was truly paradise! The rental rate was a great price for being right on the beach, and the furnishings in the unit were all high end and meticulously cared for. The beach was a soft black sand beach called Playa Hermosa, easily the most beautiful beach I saw while in Costa Rica. Falling asleep to...and then waking up to...the sound of Playa Hermosa's waves was so relaxing. I don't surf, but watching the surfers on what I'm told are some of Costa Rica's best surf waves from my balcony was mesmerizing.

The resort manager Jeff was attentive and helpful in making arrangements to go to the nearby Manuel Antonio National Park to see the white-faced monkeys, sloths, etc. We also rented wave runners, which were a blast! Playa Hermosa was the perfect mix of a quiet beach away from the crowds, but only about a 5 minute drive to Jaco which had terrific restaurants and fun clubs late-night. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends