“The best place to stay, in Playa Hermosa ! !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tortuga del Mar

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa Hermosa
Tortuga del Mar
Escazu, Costa Rica
“The best place to stay, in Playa Hermosa ! !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2009

I would like to thank Till and Lilli for the great experiene we had at the Tortuga del Mar. I personally looked at and visited most of the beach front hotels and Inns in Playa Hermosa, 5 km. south of Jaco . Over a two week-end period I found myself always comparing them to the Tortugas cleanliness, location, value, (some locations where priced, over twice the nightly price). I compared apples to apples. I have been coming to Playa Hermosa for five years now. Both during the high and low season.

The customer service, both over the phone and in person was very refreshing. The owners went above and beyond, and always with a smile.

The grounds are more like a garden. Well groomed, clean and beautiful to walk thru. The pool was crystal clear, clean and a great place to chill at the end of the day.

Upon checking out of the Tortuga the first week-end, I noted two items that might need addressing to Till, he noted my concerns. The following week-end upon my arrival, I noticed the changes had been made !!! Very refreshing to see.

When I need a place for a week-end or I have family visiting from the U.S.A., this is the place to stay on the pacific side of Costa Rica !!

And when it comes to great cooking, drop into the Las Olas BeachFront Restaurent ! The food, service and location just don't get any better ! The open air and relaxed attitude are perfect for eating while you enjoy the view and sounds of the surf.

Thank you again Till & Lilli, for the great service. I will be back.

Steve

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2009

We first stayed here in June 2008. We originally went for a friends wedding at a hotel next door. We were their first guests and WOW what an honor! We had such a great time and the owners were so great. They were so helpful and made us feel right at home. The food in Playa Hermosa is excellent and the local bars are so much fun. Everything is walking distance and you feel safe. If you need to get supplies you can catch a cab for about 5 bucks!

We loved it so much that we came back in Dec 2008 and plan to return real soon. You cant beat the price and the location is perfect. It's Playa Hermosa's best hotel. The property is located right on the beach where you can hear the waves crash and watch the surfers all day long.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CaliTica
Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2009

Our one week stay at Tortuga del Mar was a beautyful recidence for me and my family during our vacation through Costa Rica.
We liked the clean and comfortable rooms, the service we got, the friendly atmosphere and the place in general.

• Liked — Friendly and clean
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank MSCHMITT
#22 of 44 in Jaco
Marea Brava
Marea Brava
#2 of 5 in Playa Hermosa

Been to Tortuga del Mar? Share your experiences!