“great for non-swimmers too!”
Review of Katibawasan Falls

Katibawasan Falls
Ranked #4 of 28 things to do in Camiguin
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I lived 3 hours away from Camiguin, but have visited it once before and it was on a survival camp meeting. This place is full of wonders and Katibawasan is one of them. The place is really cool. The water so cool and non-swimmers can enjoy it as well as the water is not deep.

There are newer reviews for Katibawasan Falls

Reviewed April 26, 2013

It's so high that I was having a difficult time, taking pictures, making sure that the length will surely fit into the screen of my camera. We didn't swim at all because it looks dirty, sorry but we saw a candy wrapper floating around, water is not clean and clear, dried leaves and mud are all over the cement. And it's freezing cold.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

The falls is tucked away a 30 minute ride from the highway. It kinda seeks up on you as you arrive in a steep gorge you can hear it before you see it.
I'm sure I spotted monkeys above the falls as well as a natural wealth of ferns and orchids.
Sadly commercialism has taken the edge off the natural beauty, but guess it provides employment, and the crispy pancakes covered in a Demerara sugar syrup are well worth a try.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

On your day tour around Camiguin, take a refreshing dip at Katibawasan falls. The view is also beautiful.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We're running out of time but we cannot just go home without going to Katibawasan Falls. Going there was just about 20 mins.drive from Mambajao proper, Road is good enough to drive 60kph.
There is an entry fee of only P20 for adult and my 11 year old daughter was only charged P5.
I love nature and seeing the single-lined cascade of 250ft.high waterfall dropping to its feet surrounded with wild ferns,trees and boulders is simply magestic. Water is ice cold, so refreshing to swim.
There are several souvenir shops at the entrance. People are nice. Prices on food stuff is okey. One thing I noticed in the place is its lack of picnic areas and/or cottages where we could stay after the swim.