“A great place for good food...”
Review of La Carreta

La Carreta
Order Online
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 14, 2018

I'm so glad this place is here. The food is great and the servings are large. I often take my sons and their families and everyone loves the food. Sometimes the service is a little slow, but it's well worth the wait. I'm especially fond of the shredded beef which can be substituted for ground beef or chicken in almost every dish. My favorite on the menu is the Quesadillas Acapulco. There is so much food on the plate that I always have half to bring home for another meal. The salsa is good. The pico de gallo is not for whimps! My grandson loves the ACP. As many times as I've gone, I've never been disappointed. The only downside is with the churros. Sometimes there are 4 and sometimes there are six. There is no way to tell how many will be served. I thought maybe it depended on the number of people being served, but that is not the case. If you order this for dessert, be sure to ask how many churros there will be so everyone has some. They come with ice cream and chocolate sauce and are very reasonably priced.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed July 23, 2018

This particular La Carreta is clean, spacious and the food is well prepared. I eat here often and have never had to wait to be seated. There is plenty of off street parking. There are a couple of little pluses that I also recommend. The free salsa bar which is not in a prominent place, but worth a try for some interesting salsas other than the ever-present pico de Gallo. The best secret is the custom fresh guacamole. This is not on the menu, just ask the waiter. The guacamole is prepared table side and customized to your preferences. It is always delicious.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I are traveling through and stopped here on a whim. Glad we did. Started with the Guacamole de La Casa, very good. My wife had the Polo Feliz fajitas and I had the soft chimichanga. Both were very good and quick and Enough to take half back to the RV. We will be back.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Had a great lunch today with my new family. Since I’ve had the best Mexican food in Texas, I wasn’t sure what to expect here, but I was very surprised. Everything was delish! From beef tacos, chicken tacos, salmon and salsa and chips - everything was fantastic! Their vegetarian and vegan options were just as flavorful!! They have a full bar as well. I will return!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed November 2, 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the Hampton Inn across the parking lot & was simply too tired to drive anywhere else to eat. Was EXTREMELY please with the service and quality of the food. BEST Jalapeño queso dip I’ve ever had! There were large cuts of jalapeños in the dip which was awesome. Entrees came out super fast. Ingredients were fresh & everything was so flavorful.

Date of visit: October 2017