“Reasonable pub-food style lunch”
Review of The Witch Inn

The Witch Inn
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Lindfield
Cuisines: French, Contemporary, British, Gastropub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: This historic building was refurbished in April 2011. The pub offers fresh local produce on our weekly changing menu, a selection of lager, ales, cider & wine from local suppliers. Our Head Chef, Frederic Bodeau, has worked at many top establishments in France and West Sussex and brings with him knowledge of different cuisines and techniques. His passion is cooking food simply yet creating seasonal, tasty dishes. Our aim is to create a relaxed, friendly atmosphere for every occasion whether you are bringing the family for Sunday lunch or meeting friends for a three course meal in our restaurant. We promise to do our utmost to make it an experience you will remember
Reviewed September 8, 2016

My friend and I lunched here mid-week. She had made a prior reservation but we seemed to be almost the only customers. The menu was heavily meat based. I chose the small fallafels starter, and the halloumi (cheese deep fried in batter) as main course. Both came with chopped salad. Nothing wrong with either dish though rather more calories than I might have guessed from the menu. Service was pleasant and efficient. A nice shiraz was served by the glass.

1  Thank alanreynolds

Reviewed August 29, 2016

We were a group of 11 who enjoyed a really delicious meal and had great fun playing Boule in the garden after dinner. A really warm welcome, excellent service and fabulous food.

3  Thank Jennifer W
Reviewed August 24, 2016

Tucked away in Lindfield this pub is a revelation. The standard of food is what you would expect in a top restaurant rather than a local pub. The menu changes regularly and the dishes, as well as being excellently prepared, are imaginative and full of flair

3  Thank Malcolm C
Reviewed August 23, 2016

We had a table on its own yo the left as you entered the pub. It was a lively area, completely on its own and had a good ambience

2  Thank Christine5434
Reviewed August 20, 2016

My wife and I have lived in Lindfield for 3 weeks now. On day one (a Monday) we didn't want to cook so we walked down the road to this lovely looking little place called the Witch.

Since we have been back 4 times - 3 times to eat and once just for a drink.

A previous reviewer said that they don't do food without a booking - in my experience this is not correct. That said, on a Friday or Saturday night I'd advise you give them a ring and book in advance, especially if there are more than 2 of you. On a Monday you should be fine.

And now, the pub! The welcome is never anything short of warm and friendly. We're lucky enough to have this as our local pub - not that it matters being a 'local', that same warmth of welcome is extended to all. The pub itself is always immaculate and serves some great beers and wines.

This evening we took my grandmother to the Witch. 5 of us had a mix of foods - the Duck Scotch Egg for a starter is worth a long drive just to eat, the guinea fowl was perfectly cooked (with bacon wrapping keeping it moist), the burger beautifully cooked, the duck tender and gorgeous... all this plus generous, delicious puddings and great coffee!

Here's my recommendation: Come to The Witch. The food is great, the welcome warm, the surroundings cosy. There's no parking there itself, but there's plenty around if you need it. The beer garden is large (and sunny on the right day). I love it here, I don't have a bad word to say about it. Excellent! :)

2  Thank Chris J