“Mid week dinner with friends”
Review of The Witch Inn

The Witch Inn
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Lindfield
Cuisines: French, Contemporary, British, Gastropub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: This historic building was refurbished in April 2011. The pub offers fresh local produce on our weekly changing menu, a selection of lager, ales, cider & wine from local suppliers. Our Head Chef, Frederic Bodeau, has worked at many top establishments in France and West Sussex and brings with him knowledge of different cuisines and techniques. His passion is cooking food simply yet creating seasonal, tasty dishes. Our aim is to create a relaxed, friendly atmosphere for every occasion whether you are bringing the family for Sunday lunch or meeting friends for a three course meal in our restaurant. We promise to do our utmost to make it an experience you will remember
Reviewed August 23, 2016

We had a table on its own yo the left as you entered the pub. It was a lively area, completely on its own and had a good ambience

2  Thank Christine5434

Reviewed August 20, 2016

My wife and I have lived in Lindfield for 3 weeks now. On day one (a Monday) we didn't want to cook so we walked down the road to this lovely looking little place called the Witch.

Since we have been back 4 times - 3 times to eat and once just for a drink.

A previous reviewer said that they don't do food without a booking - in my experience this is not correct. That said, on a Friday or Saturday night I'd advise you give them a ring and book in advance, especially if there are more than 2 of you. On a Monday you should be fine.

And now, the pub! The welcome is never anything short of warm and friendly. We're lucky enough to have this as our local pub - not that it matters being a 'local', that same warmth of welcome is extended to all. The pub itself is always immaculate and serves some great beers and wines.

This evening we took my grandmother to the Witch. 5 of us had a mix of foods - the Duck Scotch Egg for a starter is worth a long drive just to eat, the guinea fowl was perfectly cooked (with bacon wrapping keeping it moist), the burger beautifully cooked, the duck tender and gorgeous... all this plus generous, delicious puddings and great coffee!

Here's my recommendation: Come to The Witch. The food is great, the welcome warm, the surroundings cosy. There's no parking there itself, but there's plenty around if you need it. The beer garden is large (and sunny on the right day). I love it here, I don't have a bad word to say about it. Excellent! :)

2  Thank Chris J
Reviewed August 20, 2016 via mobile

A pub or an eatery? Not eaten here myself but local reports are 2nd to none. Very highly rated food & from what I've seen beautifully presented. Warm cozy atmosphere with very helpful polite staff.

2  Thank Dave P
Reviewed August 14, 2016 via mobile

A firm favourite of ours... The Witch has it all. Extremely friendly service, fantastic food - we've never had a bad meal in here. The wines are great too.
We like the witch for Sunday lunch as it had a nice relaxed family feel to it - we've also been for dinner where it feels a little more formal - so that bit extra special.
I'd recommend the pork belly and pistachio dessert.

Definitely 5*s for this place!

3  Thank Deborah H
Reviewed August 14, 2016

This was our first visit. We were surprised that there is no car park but street parking was easy to find.
Baked Camembert ( with roasted tomatoes and walnut bread) was perfect and the chorizo duck scotch egg were really tasty. The belly pork was cooked to perfection. There was a lively atmosphere and our table for four was big enough to feel comfortable and not "squeezed in". Service was friendly but slow ( it was busy) but we weren't neglected.My only niggle was the hummus would have been better room temperature rather than straight from the fridge. There is a semi private dining room which would be nice for a special occasion and probably seats ten.
There is a baby change pull down in the ladies but with a sloping roof I'm not sure how easy it would be too use.
Be aware when booking of the short window of when food is served.
Monday - Saturday 12-2pm & 6-8.30pm