“Great Experience, Would definitely go again!!!”

Las Cuevas Beach Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Las Cuevas
Arima, Trinidad
“Great Experience, Would definitely go again!!!”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

The location is remarkably one of the best in Trinidad,the view from the restaurant is simply breathtaking at sunset; oh, and the meals are well prepared and tasty . staff is friendly and courteous and always pleasant.we would definately return and bring our family. this being our second visit, i must say that it was 100% better than the first time. excellent service, keep up the good work.

Room Tip: rooms on the north side are quiet and cosy and overlooks the beach.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank RSammy2014
lascuevasbeachlodge, Owner at Las Cuevas Beach Lodge, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
We thank the guest for their kind comments and will continue to strive for perfection in the service provided

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Diego Martin, Trinidad
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Firstly let me say this: I read the reviews on this site prior to my initial visit last year & had I given the negatives greater value I would have missed out on unforgettable memories & friends. I now frequent the Las Cuevas Beach Lodge.....I simply revel in the atmosphere & hospitality & escape. Negatives first: I must agree the "the walls are thin"...too thin however I cannot fault the hotel or management for the inconsideration of other guests...and that's about it for me. Positives: The location is heavenly all around with rainforest on one side & ocean view on the other, best of both worlds!!! The exquisite décor of the larger rooms (I have stayed in almost all lol) is quite inviting & comfortable. The meals are delicious and more than adequate (I often skip lunch still being full from breakfast)...bearing in mind breakfast is included in the price of the room. Food and beverage are affordable...even being cheaper than other local more populated areas. There are other food options at the beach car park across the road or at Maracas a short drive away. The smaller/cheaper rooms are adequate in my opinion for couples & singles if on a budget they are cozy & this is evident from the pictures on the lodge's profile...no deception there. As for the staff...I have absolutely no complaints....warm greetings, delightful conversation and very accommodating I never want to leave

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Sheena B
TENNESSEE
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

great place, great location, and las cuevas beach is much better that maracas! very clear water and the beach is relax. i just sugest have a diferent kind of breakfast, but i really recommend this hotel ;)

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Eilyn C
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed May 1, 2014

The surroundings are fine - even though the music from the beach parking lot is very loud (and somewhat annoying at the hotel). But the hotel itself is not attractive:
firstly the receptionist insisted that I should pay an additional tax ... even though I had already paid it up front. It took a very long time before the hotel recognised that I should not pay the tax twice.
Secondly, perhaps it is OK that there is no shampoo in the room, but I did expect some kind of cleaning when you stay there more days. There was none at all, however.
Thirdly, I was surprised that the WiFi did not work in the room - and was even more surprised that the password was changed several times per day (literally). And I got somewhat annoyed when the owner said that he wanted to have the full band width so the guests were not allowed to use the WiFi.
Fourthly, the breakfast was pretty bland whilst part of the dinner was inedible (instead I went to the stand at the beach and had rather good food there).
Fifthly, the construction of the larger rooms is pretty bad ... since you can hear all (and I mean ALL) what is happening in the room next door. It was like being in the same room.

If the owner and his assistant had been welcoming, it could have made up for some of these negative aspects. But they were far from welcoming.

Somewhat east of Las Cuevas Beach Lodge I passed a sign for a guest house ("The View Guest House" - rosscorp@tstt.net.tt). I have not seen the place and have no idea what is is like. Still, if I were to return to Las Cuevas, I would try it out.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
8 Thank MPB-DK
unanan p, Owner at Las Cuevas Beach Lodge, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Let me first say that this guest was upgraded from a Standard room costing USD 66.00 to a Premium room costing USD 125.00 at no cost to him. His complaint regarding the taxes is incorrect since the Booking.com confirmation clearly states the payment terms and conditions which lists a basic price plus taxes. Our website and all of the booking engines state that free wifi is available in public areas. Wifi for business purposes for extended periods is subject to charge and the customer was advised of this. Even so, he continued using the wifi for very long periods and we did not prevent him from so doing. His complaint that the wifi did not work in the room is not totally correct. We use another provider for paying customers who wish to utilize it in their rooms. We apologize for the fact that we do not provide free shampoo.
His complaints regarding construction of the Premium rooms are interesting since six inch concrete filled blocks form the dividing wall between rooms. This guest was very rude and unfriendly with our staff resorting to obscene language and it would appear that this stems from the tax and wifi issues which were caused by him not reading his reservation notification properly. His other complaint regarding the food is indeed strange since guests usually complain on the spot for unsuitable meals. In any case, our breakfast is based on the American plan which is ham or bacon, eggs, toast, coffee, tea, juice and fruit in season and on occasion a local menu. It is difficult to make such a breakfast bland.
We are truly sorry for the inconvenience he may have had, but we truly try our best since the customer is always right. Based on previous reviews we continue to strive for excellence in serving our guests

Travelers are raving about these Las Cuevas hotels

Norman, Indiana
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I would definitely stay here again. Great location with great food. Walk out of a morning and have a great breakfast over looking the ocean and the rain forest. The price was very reasonable as well. Ran in to a tour guide at the hotel that took us all over to some great secluded beaches and off the beating path.

• Stayed February 2014
5 Thank DustinOwens
Diego Martin, Trinidad
Reviewed November 29, 2013

So I visited again two years after my firts but it was not as gr8 as the first... firstly there was a new recetionist who mixed up my reservation date so i did not get the room i requested, and she insisted i gave her the wrong date...like if i dont know my anniversay date.

Also the a/c was not working properly, the room was HOT!!!

I was really disappointed ecpicially after my 1st visit!!!

my advice its a very prime area with a beautiful beach, more effort needs to be put into customer service...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
11 Thank Sali_28
Chaguanas, Trinidad
Reviewed October 23, 2013

It is with a profound sense of gratitude that my wife and I wish to extend sincerest thanks to the management and staff of your institution and to Miss. Marissa and her mother, in particular, for the wonderful vacation we spent at your establishment.

During our lifetime, we have travelled both near and far, within the Caribbean, Tobago, Barbados, in South America, Venezuela, Margarita, North America, New York, Lake Wood, Brick Town, New Jersey, Toronto, Canada. In the Southern Pacific I have visited New Zealand and Hawaii. Most recently, my wife visited Rio de Janeiro in Brazil.

In all our travels, we can assure you that the services offered at Las Cuevas Beach Lodge is " Second to None." "The Home Away From Home" experience, the kind hospitality, is best exemplified at your institution with a feeling of camaraderie and caring for our safety and total well being. On behalf of my wife and I, Congratulations and Keep up the Good Work.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 21 in Port of Spain
Radisson Hotel Trinidad
Radisson Hotel Trinidad
#5 of 21 in Port of Spain

Been to Las Cuevas Beach Lodge? Share your experiences!