Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Cinnamon Dhonveli Maldives(Farukolhufushi Island)
  • Pool
Club Med Kani(Kanifinolhu Island)
Raalhu Lodge(Himmafushi Island)
Very Good 4/5
    Adaaran Select Hudhuranfushi(Lhohifushi Island)
    • Beachfront
    Gasfinolhu Island Resort(Gasfinolhu Island)
    • Beachfront
    • Restaurant
    Gili Lankanfushi(Lankanfushi)
    Excellent 5/5
    • Breakfast included
    Paradise Island Resort & Spa(Lankanfinolhu Island)
    Season Paradise(Thulusdhoo Island)
    1,197 results
    All reviewsindian restaurantkids clubsunrise beachfishwater bungalowtropic surfplunge poolseparate islandmain poolspa islandcafe huraawater sportsour honeymoonthe general managersunset loungef boutdoor shower
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Lucky enough to spend ten days here and it was everything we had hoped it would be and more. The service was exemplary and nothing was ever too much trouble for any of the staff. The island is small and you can see neighbouring islands so the only (very minor) criticism I could have is that I preferred the isolation of Kana Hura last year in terms of location. However the quick boat ride from Male was very easy indeed. The kids club was also brilliant and the atmosphere very family friendly. I would recommend this island to anyone who is lucky enough to go!

• Stayed: April 2014
    RandyShimabuku, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with us. We are delighted to hear that you had a most positive experience here on Kuda Huraa and indeed pride ourselves on being able to deliver on any reasonable request. We hope to welcome you back to our enchanted island again in the not-so-distant future.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

This review is long overdue...My wife and I spent our honeymoon at the beautiful and serene Four Seasons Kuda Hurra in August 2013.

Having traveled over 24 hours (from the U.S.) we were exhausted when we got off the plane in Male, however, the Four Seasons staff that greeted us upon arrival knew exactly how to make us feel welcome and relaxed. From the moment we arrived we knew we were in for an unforgettable week.

Some of the highlights from our stay/things I recommend:

- Can't say enough about the level of service throughout the resort. Everyone, and I mean everyone, we encountered was exceptionally friendly and helpful. A staff member was always right round the corner to help out anytime we needed anything. That having been said, we were also on our honeymoon and didn't necessarily want to be bothered with unnecessary interruptions; the staff knew the delicate balance and was not overbearing, while being helpful. I find this balance very hard to find; it is much appreciated.
    - Surfing lessons!! I went to the Maldives expecting to dive (I am a diver, but my wife is not); however, I did not expect to learn to surf. What a fun experience! The instructor (Kerri) was so nice and easy to learn from. While the lesson and open water surf we did the next day was a tad expensive (~$1,000 for two people), it was certainly worth it. We had such a good time and were consistently getting up on the board by the second day (when we were out in the open water) thanks to Kerri's great instructions.
    - Stay in an over water bungalow. Once you are there and see it, you will wish you had if you chose not to. Trust me: worth every penny.
    - Board. Would recommend the half board with dinner only. The breakfast is quite large (as is dinner) so you don't need a large lunch time meal each day. Some days we skipped lunch altogether and others we had a large lunch at the pool. It's nice to have the optionality for the lunch time meal, so I would not get as part of the package.
    - Food. Overall the food was amazing. Great seafood, great Indian, great breakfast (the buffet takes up an entire room; it's incredible!!).
    - Go see Rao at the swim up bar in the pool. He's the bartender that works mornings/afternoons; he's so nice and friendly!
    - Spa. Never have I seen or experienced a massage in a more peaceful setting. In a bungalow looking down over the water, hearing the waves crash beneath. Magnificent. (Also, do the sunset yoga one day...it was so peaceful I fell asleep at the end!).
    - I will say, I was a bit surprised at the number of children at the resort. For some reason when I think of a Four Seasons in an exotic location, I don't think of children (perhaps just b/c my parents would have never taken me when I was young, ha!). We escaped to the Adult Serenity Pool (as we came to call it "the ASP") quite frequently, which was very nice, but the main pool became filled with kids by the afternoon time. Having said this, I know someone who went to the adults-only W in the Maldives and it doesn't sound like the resort compared to this one in terms of service, food and overall experience, so I guess dealing with the kids is worth it!

I can't recommend this resort highly enough! A once in a lifetime experience, that I only hope isn't once in a lifetime!

Room Tip: The over water bunglaows are worth the extra cost...they are quiet and beautiful. You will not regret spending the extra money to be over the water.
    • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
    2  Thank ASL1986
    RandyShimabuku, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write and it is never too late to tell us about your perspectives here on Kuda Huraa. It sounds like we were able to help you enjoy your holidays and we hope that recollecting your experiences brought back pleasant memories as well. We also appreciate the detailed observations particularly about trying to achieve balance between having a service presence and likewise for balancing families with couples and making everyone feel special. Finally your recommendations about our accommodations and meal plan options are valued and helpful.

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

From the moment u step out of the immigration to the arrival hall ...u are taken care by the hotel staffs....n pampering starts right away. The whole reception crew greets u at the jetty.The rooms were
    superb....spacious n clean. The food that was served in the dif. restaurants were really good...especially the indian restaurant. Yummiest lamb bryani! The view...perfect setting. Staffs were very friendly n u never get bored wt the no. of activities available to do.

• Stayed: March 2014
    RandyShimabuku, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us about your recent experience on Kuda Huraa. Your description of a "paradise on earth" means a lot to us and is something we feel very fortunate to be a part of. "Pampering" is another aspect that we focus on and I am glad to hear that we were able to deliver this feeling to you on several occasions including the Lamb Bryani in Badaabaru our Indian Restarant . Finally I am delighted to hear that are menu of activities on and around the island remains attractive as well as interesting.

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

The Four Seasons was outstanding in every respect. The accommodation was first class as were the amenities. The food was excellent and the service from staff was exceptional.
    We really enjoyed our holiday and we will definitely return to Maldives.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us and for your kind and generous comments. Indeed if its about delivering service it all starts with the wonderful staff that we are so very fortunate to have on the island with us. I am also glad that you were able to enjoy the various types and styles of cuisine we have here on Kuda Huraa.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

we spent fine 11 days in this hotel and celebrated anniversary from the date of a wedding. had a rest with 2 children. this hotel is simply created for rest with children of any age. meeting at the airport - you are surrounded at once with attention and care. meeting in hotel - for you wait, departure - you see off as the best friend. There is a wish to return here more and more.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent impressions of Kuda Huraa with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves and that you were made to feel that you were "among friends". We strive to create a place where one can relax and get re-charged, with or without children and I am happy to hear that we were able to achieve this during your stay as well.