One&Only Reethi Rah
Summer Island Maldives(Ziyaaraifushi Island)
$383
$152
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Coco Bodu Hithi(Bodu Hithi Island)
$637
$517
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Coco Prive(North Male Atoll)
$45,000
Preferred Hotels
Huvafen Fushi Maldives(Huvafen Fushi Island)
$640
$594
$697
Angsana Ihuru(Ihuru Island)
$455
$396
$338
1,130 results
All reviewsbeach clubvilla hostwater villajapanese restaurantkids clubour honeymoonprivate yachtmain restaurantpersonal conciergebuggy servicegolf buggyother resortshalf boardbig islandfour seasonsheaven on earthfish
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Paradise. We enjoyed our honeymoon at this hotel and the villa host " Siroj" was amazing. Everything was perfect. The service was the best. Our daily schedules were followed up to perfection. The restaurants and different daily buffets were exceptional. I enjoyed snorkling, cycling around the island, visiting the orchids garden, swimming in the sparkling clean sea .... simply Our honeymoon was in paradise ...

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank MonyaBoyle
GMOORR, General Manager at One&Only Reethi Rah, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

I would personally like to thank you for taking the time to write your feedback in Trip Advisor about your recent visit to One&Only Reethi Rah.

Your valued comments and suggestions are important for us to improve our performance and ensure that all our guests leave having experienced true One&Only Moments.

I was happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and have shared your positive feedback with the entire team. This is indeed great encouragements in our objective to continuously improve our performance and thoroughly delight our guests.

May I take this opportunity to thank you again for your valuable feedback. My entire team at One&Only Reethi Rah look forward to welcoming you back to experience our resort at its best.

Best regards,

Mark Hehir

Reviewed September 3, 2013

One of the world`s best hotels, service, food, beaches....the paradise island!!!
The main restaurant is fantastic, there are three different sections with a variety of food every evening. The small pool in front of the restaurant is very nice for pictures. All the restaurants on the island are excellent, next to the Japanese restaurant you can `swim` with the sharks...
The villas are very big and comfortable. The island itself is a big one, compared to the others, so you can walk in the evening. Must try...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FoxBG
Reviewed September 2, 2013

One and only was our first and only stay at the Maldives. For a hotel with this rate, we found the overall experience a bit lacking. Don't get us wrong - the views are beautiful, water has that amazing clean, turquoise look, our bungaloo was very cozy. Staff was courteous and friendly.

For the price we paid though, we would expect a first rate experience, which it wasn't. Cocktails at the bar were not well prepared, in-room dinner was served cold, poor movie selection at the TV. Staff was courteous, but treated us like a number - very impersonal, we didn't feel acknowledged. Also, we ordered coconut water a few times, it was not available - no coconut in a Maldives island, go figure... These all seem like small details, but when you are stuck with bad weather for the whole duration of your stay like we did, you start paying attention to these things.

Overall the experience was less exclusive than what we had at other luxury hotels, such as Aman and Oberoi. Perhaps we wouldn't mind all the shortcomings I mentioned above if the weather was great, but we were not that lucky.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank BRZ_SP
Reviewed August 24, 2013

...and everything's almost the same (see my first review of O&O RR). The same ? yes, the ocean is still turquoise blue, the sand white powder, the sky deep blue. But I notice some differences, signs that the world has changed, for better and for worse. The better is that the guest population is much more cosmopolitan, with more Eastern Europeans, Russians, Asian people. The worse is that there are less tropical fishes, the coral reefs are endangered; 5 years ago, the reefs were more colorful, now they look duller, darker, several areas of corals seem to be dead (consequence of the global climate warm-up ?). It's a pity, I'm really sad.

Back to the review... I choose this time to stay on the sunrise side of the island - on the Reethi beach, near the main pool - which I prefer compared to the sunset side, on the Palm beach where I stayed last time. The sunrise side is inward oriented, so the sea is very calm and shallow, while the sunset side is more windy and there are more waves. But, the sunset side is wilder and more secluded than the sunrise, you really feel alone in a desert island. So, the choice is yours. My ranking of the main beaches, in decreasing order is: Reethi beach, Turtle beach, Palm beach, North beach, Sunset beach, Grand beach and Reef beach.

The foods served at the restaurants are much better, I mean more tasteful than before, but unfortunately, prices also soar compared to 5 years ago. One new restaurant has been added, called "Chief's garden", serving delicious seafood with healthy vegetables from the resort's own garden. I rank the 4 restaurants in this decreasing order: Tapasake (Japanese), Chief's garden, Fanditha (Spanish, Middle East, Mediterranean) and Reethi (Indian, Italian, International).

Since my previous visit, the resort has added a new activity zone called "Club One" which is welcome, especially for grown-ups. There, you can enjoy beach and sea activities, but also table tennis, billiard, wall climbing, golf simulation or try some artistic activities (mask painting, pottery, ..., quite interesting to do, especially between 2pm and 4pm when it's too hot to go to the beach). One small glitch, sometimes beach/pool boys are a little bit lazy. Twice I went to the beach/pool at 4/5pm and they did not care to setup my desk chair, neither bring me towels or refreshing stuffs as they usually do when one arrives earlier during the day.

I have made one diving session, which is enjoyable but not as spectacular as before (see above, about the fishes and the reefs). The staff at the diving center is OK, not better but not worse than before. I did not try the Spa this time so can not say how it has evolved. As "repeaters" (guest coming back after the first time), I was invited by the hotel management to a sunset cruise. This cruise is very nice and I do appreciate the attention shown by the hotel management towards repeaters (if you are not repeaters, I do recommend to book a "dhoni sunset cruise" which is more or less the same.

Final word for the staff at the reception, restaurants and concierges, which are as friendly and helpful as before and also much more cosmopolitan, which helps to accommodate even better with diversified guests population.

Room Tip: Sunrise side, on Reethi beach or Turtle beach.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank lolongan
Reviewed August 1, 2013

i never stay at another resorts in maldive. this is my one and only maldive experience. ive stayed here for 4 days. enjoying the food, nice scene, pure beach and waters. thanks to KG the dive instructor who guide us to turtle point. and all nice staff delivering me on a private yacht. for airport transfer.
the spa has a nice relaxing garden, and the treatment room viewing to ocean vista.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo