All reviews overwater villa private pool lunch and dinner personal butler our honeymoon butler service sunset beach villa villa manager fashion show a wonderful vacation snorkeling trips kani island baby sharks pool side luxury resort paradise on earth min boat ride
Selected filters
Reviewed April 19, 2019

I stayed in the club with a friend from 11 to 18 April - booked a villa sunset (the highest category).
Overall I had a very pleasant stay albeit we had no air condition for the whole stay and it was VERY HOT and HUMID (with an in-room temperature of 30 C - it was difficult to sleep at night or even stay inside the villa during the day. We were offered a mobile air condition but it was gigantic with the evacuator constantly dropping water and it was also noisy so could not be used at night.

What I liked:
- Axel and Nicolas have been really nice in providing some extra- services to compensate for the air condition issues. Whilst our issue was never solved, they were nice in offering us champagne in the room and a dinner on the beach (services which are usually subject to extra-charges).
- Villa was truly amazing. I asked for the last villa away from the village and Club Med ensured that. However, coud not enjoy to the maximum as it was too hot without air condition.
- They have an amazing diving centre (we did 10 dives each during our stay) - Etienne from Euro divers was really professional and nice - felt very safe.
- Restaurant - excellent food and really nice staff

What I did not like
- People from Kani (the other lower category club med which is 7 mn away by boat) were allowed to buy a day pass and come to Finolhu (and some of them were groups of teens having loud moments at the pool). When I booked, the agency mentioned that Finolhu is exclusive and customers from Kani are not allowed to come to Finolhu. Also I was told that the club was adults only but there were children with day pass in the pool (not many but still disappointing as this is not what I was told).
- When the air condition issue appeared (and it was never solved) we had to handle directly with the maintenance team as no responsible from the village was there until 20.30) As we arrived at 8AM and got our villa at 1PM - our whole day was ruined dealing with incompetent maintenance staff that were changing versions every hour. The butler did not add much value to solve this…we were almost about to cancel our trip as we did know what was happening....
- Breakfast is a la carte (same card for the whole week) - I would have preferred a buffet.
- The club Manager, Mrs. Amira was there from time to time but had no contacts with customers. She was surely briefed about the issue we had but never dared to come and say hi when she saw us at the bar (although she is Moroccan like us). I was very disappointed that she had such an attitude. Other clients also told me about unlike other staff, she is not at ease chatting with customers. Not a must have but still it could have made a difference...

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
ClubMed, General Manager at Club Med Finolhu Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Etienne75003,

Thank you for choosing Club Med Finolhu Villas for your holiday.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your scuba diving activity as the Maldives is renowned for the experience.We are glad that our GO team took great care of you during your stay.

We do however apologise for the issues that arose during your stay and have put measures in place to fix the situation, your comment has been shared with the relevant managers.

We do hope to see you again.

Regards,
Club Med Team

Reviewed April 3, 2019

we had the most amazing honeymoon. Club med Finolhu is heaven on earth!
The water villas are amazing, the staff is so kind and the whole experience was absolutely amazing. We'll come back fo sure! I hope soon

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ClubMed, General Manager at Club Med Finolhu Villas, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2019

Dear MaayanT30,

Thank you for choosing Club Med Finolhu to celebrate your honeymoon :) We are pleased to know it was a great experience for you and congratulations on your marriage.

We are glad that you were able to experience the little unique touches that make this paradise island amazing!

We wish the best for your new marriage and hopefully we see you again for your anniversary.

Reviewed April 1, 2019 via mobile

This place is absolutely incredible. I have seen videos and pictures before my trip but not even in my wildest dreams I could land my feet on this amazing resort. All the staffs are absolutely nice and professional just to name a few like our butler Afeef, lifeguard and snorkelling lead Saadiq, Motu's Azy and many more. Our 4 days stay was far exceeded our expectation. We had the most memorable vacation ever on our 1st trip to this dream destination and this is definitely not our last trip...

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear karhuik,

Thank you for choosing Club Med Finolhu for your vaction :) We are pleased to know it was a great experience for you and that your time here far out weighed what you saw on our social pages ;)

We appreciate your kind and extensive review as it motivates us to continuously work towards providing a high standard of service to our guests.

We are glad that you were able to experience the little unique touches that make this paradise island amazing, especially that it has left you wanting to come back!

So we do hope to see you again soon :)

Reviewed March 31, 2019

Spent a wonderful 5 days at Club Med Finolhu, an idyllic setting for a relaxing holiday. The service and facilities were outstanding, from Carrie our butler (whose attention to details was amazing) to Darell and his staff in the restaurant to Etienne and Thomas at the dive center to Ann the lifeguard and Tania to name but a few. Everybody was very friendly and made us feel 'like we were on holiday'. If you are looking for a quiet peaceful paradise to relax then Club Med Finolhu is the place to go. Highly recommended and ranks up with the best holidays we have had so far.

Room tip: The sunset villas on the water are a good choice
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Craig W,

Thank you for choosing Club Med Finolhu for your vacation :) We are pleased to know it was a great experience. Thank you for the constant smiles and laughter.

So we do hope to see you again soon :)

Reviewed March 28, 2019 via mobile

My Partner and I visited Club Med - Finolhu Villas in March 2019. Overall it was an unforgettable week and we were able to be active, relax when we wanted and also get involved whenever we desired.
- We were overwhelmed by the friendliness of all the staff on the island.
- We stayed in a sunrise over water villa all week and enjoyed every minute of it. The plunge pool got plenty of use whenever we had a bit of downtime in the room and the breakfasts to your room service was very much appreciated and enjoyed!
- I surf, and the waves I got on the Kani Island (an easy 10 minute boat shuttle away) were the vest waves I have ever surfed. Next time I would like to spend a bit more time surfing all of the local reef breaks around.
- Our butler Asif was very polite and was there whenever we wanted or needed him.
- On our last night we paid for the 'romantic dinner' which was set up on the beach with an amazing outlook. Our butler took car of it all and looked after us very well. It was something we will never remember.
- My partner and I participated in multiple sunset yoga sessions and pilates session which was led by a very friendly and bubbly instructor who we have became friends with and will hopefully catch up again at some stage in a different part of the world! We also made use of the gym facility on the island which had everything we needed.
Thanks Club Med and see you next time,
Matt & Jess :)

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ClubMed, General Manager at Club Med Finolhu Villas, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2019

Dear Matthew G,

Thank you for choosing Club Med Finolhu for your recent holiday :) We are pleased to know it was a great experience for you and your partner.

We appreciate your kind review and glad that you made use of various facilities.

We hope to see you again soon :)