First of all you need to decide what do you want from Maldives.
If you are looking for a luxury don't come to this hotel. if you want relax by lying on a white sands and swim in the crystal clear water with the comfortable rooms and reasonable price you should go Holiday Island Resort...
Rooms are clean and well furnished. You have AC, ceiling ventilator, minibar, LCD TV, kettle (with a free of charge tea & coffee), safe etc. It is not luxury but meets our needs/demands. Only in the lobby you have free wi-fi, there is NO FREE WI-FI in the rooms and it is quite expensive (1$/1MB as far as I remember). So what I recommend you is buy a Maldivian Sim Card for internet purpose (I bought dhiraagu's prepaid card. Dhiraagu has a 3G coverage in the island although it's not like real 3G still fair enough).
You have only beach bungalow room type. Every bungalow has its own veranda on the beach side of the Bungalow.
Service is nice, they assign you a table in your first meal and you sit there in every meal during your stay. So, every bungalow has it's own table and waiter.
We choose half board as recommended and I also recommend half board. If you have a place in your luggage you can easily bring some drinks and snakes (like biscuits, canned foods etc) and use the minibar to preserve. Because of the humidity and hot weather this kind of little snakes mostly enough for the lunch.
Drinks are not included in dinner (even water is not included). But the prices are not so high, for example 1,5 lt water is around 4$ as well as coke. Beer is also around 5$. Because the table is fixed, when you buy a 1,5 lt water it stays on your table till it is finished. So you don't have to buy a new one in every meal.
Regarding the snorkeling; Unfortunately this island is poor regarding the snorkeling. The only place is the western part of the island, close to the beach bar (but not in front of it). There is an independent water sport center next to the beach bar, you can ask them. Also they can take you a good places, as far as I remember it costs around 75-100$ per 2-3 hours.
Besides, there is a free service to the Sun Island Resort (sister island) 5-6 times in a day. You can do snorkeling beneath the Italian restaurant in the Sun Island Resort, it is much better then the one in Holiday Island. Apart from these, in the eastern edge of the Holiday Island there is another water sports center, DiveOceanus. They have very nice tours, such as, whale shark snorkeling tour (~45$/person), Stingray Snorkeling Tour (~45$/person), Aternoon Snorkeling Tour (~25$/person). I've been in whaleshark and afternoon snorkeling tours and strongly recommend...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Holiday Island Resort & Spa, the rush of time slows. The crystalline seas and soft, sandy shores remain as nature made them, beckoning guests to one of the world’s last unspoiled paradises. Shape your dream holiday at this secluded Maldives beach hotel, where pristine beauty, personalized service and modern indulgences have formed a retreat of unparalleled allure. Explore the underwater treasures of one of the world’s premier dive locations. Sip a cocktail on your private terrace as you watch the sun dip below the horizon. Or simply lounge on the white coral sand and soak up the radiant sun. Escape to this tranquil, wonderfully relaxed choice of Maldives beach resorts, and discover a tangible embodiment of your ideal tropical paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Island Resort And Spa
- Holiday Island Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Hotel Holiday Island
- Holiday Island Maldives
- Holiday Island Resort Maldives