Rooms : clean good bed A/C fan tv fridge very good WIFI and free
NO view on the sea from the rooms
avoid one room close the lobby no windows inside.... weird but true.
you have to let them know what you want to eat according their menu a long time before
- I do not recommend Full board ( means stay with breakfast lunch dinner) cheaper and better outside trust me.
the food wasn't good and no fresh food no beef only frozen chicken and tuna in cans at the guest and house and very expensive even for water and soft drink 5 Dollars compare to the others places on the island they charged only us 1.70 usd
- The breakfast you have to take yours between 7am and 8.30am why ????it takes a long long time to prepare 3 bread toasts and a fried egg ( not an omelette)
I don't know frankly and every day same thing ( see pictures) with a glass of water and "tang drink mix" so not a fresh juice fruit.
- not fresh coffee it's soluble coffee
- they charge you if you ask for a real coffee for breakfast
The island :
- is not clean at all a lot of empty bottles and garbage even on the beach.
- nothing to do except snorkeling on the island
- no noise no music it's like a dead place night and day.
- to eat I can recommend the restaurant the " GREEN LEAF"
- you will feel stucked on the island
TRANSFER BY SPEED BOAT :
1H30 per way
Only one boat at 7.15 am to Male so choose your returning flight around 1pm or 2pm and don't eat at the Jade restaurant in Male just take a drink really expensive
you can eat at the Male airport for 10 dollars a combo.
- bring shower gel or soap etc.. they only provided a lil shower shampoo and body lotion like a sample to us only one of each during the 12 nights after asking them a few times....
- Bring insect repellent
- bring water shoes (rocks broken glass.... on the beach)
- snorkeling mask and fins (you can find full mask the best I recommend and fins on amazon or ebay) if not they will charge you 5 dollars per day for a mask !!!
- bring sunscreen if you think to find some good luck and when you will it will cost you around 25 usd dollars a lil bottle.
- bring cash (you have ATM at your arrival in Male) NO ATM on the island if you need cash you have to take the ferry to "Mayhabadho" departure each day at 9.30am sharp from the north Harbor and return around 2pm with a departure from 'Mayhabadho" at 1.30pm sharp don't miss it only one ferry per day and nothing on he island to do. 20 minutes per way boat trip it is the second stop and it will cost you 22 MVR per way only in cash on the boat directly.
The terrace upstair (see picture) :
NO way to stay during the day because no sun umbrella only one table and four chairs and a friendly rat........
Staff : friendly and thanks to the young boy in charge of the rooms he does a real good job our rooms was clean everyday.
Lack of communication for example about a soccer competiton between islands nobody told us.
we did a Picnic Island trip only one at 45 dollars per/pers on "Bodukhasshi huraa" only 15 minutes boat trip.
the island is dirty it's a shame !!! See pictures
I do not recommend for a long stay just a few days 2 or 3 maximum.
Because of high visitation of guests I also had the opportunity and pleasure of staying at the Island Pavilion. It was an absolute pleasure to stay in this very new beautiful guest house. Air conditioning, television and WiFi!!! Not to mention one of the best cooks on the island of Hangnaameedhoo!!! Thanks guys for a great time and very interesting conversations ands talks! Abu it was a distinct pleasure to meet you!
The very best wishes, sincerely eddy