Vakarufalhi Island Resort
$704
$291
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
LUX* South Ari Atoll(Dhidhoofinolhu Island)
$587
$448
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
Lily Beach Resort & Spa(Huvahandhoo Island)
$783
$753
$326
  • Beachfront
Holiday Island Resort & Spa(Maamingili Island)
$248
$158
  • Beachfront
Sun Island Resort and Spa(Nalaguraidhoo Island)
$238
$184
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Oliva Palm Cottages(Dhigurah Island)
Mirihi Island Resort(Mirihi)
1,006 results
All reviewsitalian chefwater villafishday bedour waiterall inclusive packagesea planewhale sharksmarine biologisthead cheflunch and dinnermale airportcoffee podsreception areathe general managerdiving centerbeach boy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We have just spent two perfect weeks relaxing on Vakarufalhi. It is simply beautiful above and below sea level!
The resort itself is very high class, the staff are all amazing and can't do enough for you. We stayed in beach villa which we loved. We had our own sunbeds on the beach and the beach guy would put our pads and towels on every morning.
The quality of the food was very good and the selections very varied.
The island has a white sandy beach and a lagoon all the way round. It takes 15 minutes to walk round which we would do every day. We would stand and watch the baby black tip reef sharks constantly hounding the shoals of fish for ages. It is fascinating.
The dive centre there is top notch although on the expensive side. The staff are fantastic and they look after your kit and even clean it for you. I dived every day and did two night dives too. The marine life is incredible. My partner does not dive so we also snorkelled every day off the jetty and most times saw turtles and sharks. There are just so many fish, it is incredible.
We went on a trip to find whale sharks but were unlucky not to see one. However, we did find 3 Manta Rays so swam with those which was a huge bonus.
We just can't recommend this enough. It is our first time to the Maldives and the choice of resorts is a little bewildering at first. However, we definitely hit the jackpot by choosing this island. We will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: We stayed in Beach Villa 117 on the opposite side of the island to the restaurant and bar. The beach on this side is lovely. We wouldn't have wanted to change.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Mercedes R
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We spent a week on Vakarufalhi and it was brilliant. It is a paradise, waters warm and crystal clear, sand soft, white and so clean. The snorkeling was amazing, we swam with so many beautiful fish and it was safe too , which was important as we aren't confident swimmers. The food was to die for , every meal was different and delicious. We had a beach hut, so tastfully done, large and spotless. The staff were wonderful, so friendly and helpful, the service perfect . We didn't wear shoes for the whole week, not even to dinner. The weather was so warm, aircon and fans in rooms were great for sleeping on the hotter nights. It was the best holiday i have ever had. I am going back with my daughters next year and probably for many years to come.
Well done Vakarufalhi !!!!

Room Tip: I had number 120, great as we could view the sunset from the beach outside our place.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Rathln
Reviewed September 19, 2012

When I saw the pictures about this place I thought: "wooow" but after 10 days past on these island i can say that the pictures weren't enough "real": these didn't give the right description that this place deserves. The team on the island was very friendly, the kitchen simply great and I felt like a king in my vacation! I will thank everybody for this fantastic experience in the middle of the Indian ocean! We will definitely return!

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank Steven78945
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

What can I say about vakarufalhi that hasn't already been said? My husband and I spent a week here in march for our honeymoon. Everything was just perfect, the food, the staff, the entire island. We stayed in a water villa, they are spacious clean and private. At meal times we had the same waiter Hassan who thoroughly looked after us, replacing our drinks as soon as we had finished! We were very impressed. I would recommend a water villa as they are a lot bigger and have direct access to the lagoon however we had the opportunity to stay one night in a beach villa and this too was just lovely. Special mention for Prakash who managed the bar of an evening, nothing was too much trouble for him, he went out of his way to make our stay as amazing as it was. 10/10, look no further book vakarufalhi you won't be disappointed:)

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank Cutecat99
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We have just come back from an amazing honeymoon stay at Vaka. It was our first time in the Maldives, we stayed there for 6 days. As this was our honeymoon, and a surprise for my wife, I wanted to make sure it was absolutely amazing. I researched all the maldives resorts and islands extensively, north, south, east and west. Considered every option, and am glad to say choosing Vaka was an excellent choice.
I had booked through agoda.com with special offer. Everything went smoothely with no problems. Our stay was amazing since we landed in Male airport. We were warmly greeted by vaka representative holding our names as soon as we cleared the routine security checks. He led us to to the sea plane and took our bags and gave us our sea plane tickets which we bordered within half an hour. The plane landed few minutes away from the island and speed boat from vaka island collected us immediately.
The island looked surreal, clean and spotless beach with lush vegetation. We were greeted with cold refershing towel and ice cream. Check in went smoothly. I went for a water villa. I totally recommend it cause there is a big difference between a beach villa and water villas. The water villas are AMAZING. They are spacious, clean, have fabulous views and totally private. They had retractable slides with Bath tub over looking the ocean, private deck where we could sit and watch colourful all type of fish day or night. The resort kindly gave us a day stay beach villa on check out day because we had late flight departure. I can easily say water villas are much nicer even though the beach villas were nice and clean too.
Hotel service was amazing, no flaws reported. The buffet and food was awesome, high standard buffets which change every day. International buffets, Maldivian, srilankan and Italian. There was pasta available every day with different fillings which you choose and the chef cooks it ready for you. Amazing fresh fish and sashimi. I am not a fan of seafood but I had other variations the kept me well happy.
I treated my lovely wife to the spa. She absolutely loved it. The girls were very good and provided amazing massage and bath with fresh fruits right on top of the ocean.
I went snorkelling while my wife was reading and sunbathing. Snorkelling was BEAUTIFUL. I swam with a big turtle, whale sharks, colourful corals and vast variety of fish.
You have to bear in mind what you are after when you choose though. The island is very small, 8 minutes to walk around, one restaurant and one bar with free wifi there. If you are after nice water villa, nice reef, beautiful island and PEACEFUL and relaxing time, this is awesome. We would go back here.
Other islands may have larger variety of restaurants and bigger resorts and activities, which we would like to see in the future. But Vaka is amazing for a honeymoon.

Room Tip: Water villas end of lagoon sunset side are amazing. I totally recommend it cause there is a big difference between a beach villa and water villas. The water villas are AMAZING. They are spacious, clean, have fabulous views and totally private. They had retractable slides with Bath tub over looking the ocean, private deck where we could sit and watch colourful all type of fish day or night. The resort kindly gave us a day stay beach villa on check out day because we had late flight departure. I can easily say water villas are much nicer even though the beach villas were nice and clean too.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple