LUX* South Ari Atoll
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Oliva Palm Cottages(Dhigurah Island)
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Island Resort & Spa(Maamingili Island)
  • Beachfront
Vakarufalhi Island Resort(Vakarufalhi Island)
  • Restaurant
Sun Island Resort and Spa(Nalaguraidhoo Island)
  • Pool
  • Pool
Maafushivaru(Southern Ari Atoll)
  • Beachfront
Lily Beach Resort & Spa(Huvahandhoo Island)
Mirihi Island Resort(Mirihi)
3,448 results
All reviewsour honeymoonall inclusive packagethe resort managerbeach villasouth ari atollwater sportsisland barwhale sharkskids clubsea planetowel artspecial thanksjapanese restaurantrestaurants and barsbubble batheast restauranta la carte restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My family and I stayed at this beautiful islandful for a total of 12nights, having stayed in Sri Lanka for the previous 6 nights. The children (aged 3and5) loved the kids club so much that we let them attend most days. Activities included coconut painting, swimming pool, pizza making the list goes on...
We found the all of the staff to be very friendly and accommodating. The water sport activities were great and my wife took our 5 year old out snorkelling and he was so excited especially when a whale shark passed within touching distance. The Houseboat trip that was available to use everyday was enjoyable and great fun.

We really enjoyed the convenience of the buffet resaurants and they offered extra sides for the kids, if they weren't out on display.

We are glad we opted for the all inclusive menu as food was over priced but this was to be expected, thus the reason for our initial choice !!!!
When we had a minor issue with our room we were instantly moved to an accompanying room next door and helped to do so. The room service/ housekeeping (2 times a day) was excellent.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank simon e
GMLUX, General Manager at LUX* South Ari Atoll, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

It is a pleasure to know that you had an amazing trip with us and came back with an unforgettable array of special memories about the island and the team. Many people combine Sri Lanka and Maldives and it is good to see that you found the right place with us to rest while your kids enjoyed our many activities. Our younger guests are definitely a priority for us and we are absolutely pleased to have feedback like yours happily shared and on-hand for the ones who wish to come to the Maldives with their children.
I would like to thank you for sharing your comments about our activities, wide selection of food and beverage and particularly about our team members. Keeping up our service standards is very important to us and I am glad to know that you enjoyed the friendliness of the team and the personalized service. I am also glad to know that minor issues in your villa were resolved quickly and the team looked after you.

We very much look forward to welcoming you and your family on the island again soon.

With kind regards,

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed for 6 days recently in August, apart from the changeable weather we had a fantastic time at the Lux Maldives. The resort itself is a little dated in that it probably needs a lick of paint here or there but the service is excellent and the facilities are also great.

I hope this review doesn't come across as negative because I'd recommend this place. The staff are very attentive and the facilities and watersports are superb. The Villa's are a little shabby in places, and the Veli pool needs a little maintenance but it doesn't detract from this fabulous resort.

The restaurants are good and I'd recommend the Senses restaurant and bar in particular. The snorkelling trips are good and the staff couldn't do anymore. In fact I'd say the staff are one of the biggest assets of this resort.

Room Tip: Personally we preferred the beach villa to the water villas. The water villas are a little more secluded but it depends what you are going for.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sinclair1976

First of all, I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor World and for your constructive criticism.

Being exposed to the heat, and the sun, infrastructures in the Maldives require continuous maintenance. We really appreciate your criticisms as it will help us to enhance our services and make the necessary improvements. We are indeed working on a plan to improve some areas that need TLC. In fact such work was already happening while you were with us, but we ensure that this happens behind the scenes so as not to disturb any holiday experience. Since you live closer to the maldives than most other guests I hope you will come back soon to inspect the changes…

On the other hand, thank you for recommending us. The recommendation from one guest to potential ones is the best reward we can receive!

We always try our very best to provide relaxing holidays, I am truly glad to hear that you have left us with a positive memory of your stay on the island. LUX* Maldives prides itself for the kindness and friendliness of its team and I am happy that you have experienced and noticed that. I have shared your kind comments with all the islanders. Thank you for helping us keeps our team motivated with your kind comments!

I hope we will welcome you back on the island for another well deserved break soon.

With kind regards,

Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband and i went Lux*Maldives for our honeymoon last week. We were so excited about this 'once in a lifetime' vacation, and searched for internet a lot. But, we forgot to consider about global warming. So the day we arrived to island, there was a storm. heavy rain which never stopped for two days. Then storm went away but the sun never came back. It was always rainy, cloudy and windy during our holiday. A great disappointment at all! We were staying at prestige water villas with a great ocean view and a bathtube(not jakuzi, it was a bathtube) but we couldn't enjoy it because of the weather.

Despite of our bad change of weather, Lux* Maldives did a lot to make our holiday to a dream. They kept making honeymoon surprises. Even last nigth there was a congratulation cake and fresh orange juice waiting for us.

We chose All Inclusive Meal Plan, glad we did. So we ate incredible meals in any restaurant we wanted to. We ordered bottles of export wines, coctails, ice creams any day time, and paid nothing. On our checkout there were some errors on the bill but they just removed them without making us nervous. That was also so ncie.

The resort was so clean. When we left room for a while and then we came back, it was cleaned. They were so fast. When we changed our room , i thought the toilet was not clean enough and called housekeeping. they completely changed the closet cover to make me confort instead of saying that was not dirt,that was a production error.

When we had a misunderstanding with Dive Center, the hotel manager Mamouh personally take care of us. Even though we didn't complain to him. They saw me unhappy and asked for the reason and solved it.

The staff was perfect, they were always smiling. They always greeted us when we ran into them. Especialy Ofelia, the lady on the front desk was so kind and helpful. Her sweet smiley maked us happy during our stay. We will never forget her or the surprise she gave me on our last day.

And Aprah in Island Kitchen deserved our special thanks too.

it was a perfect island, resort for holiday. they did a lot to make us forget the bad weather.

But, for Maldives, they always say 'dont worry about the rain, it will rain a little bit, then the sun comes' . It's a big big lie!

Room Tip: First two nights we were in room number 425, right side of the prestige water villas and couldn't sleep at nights becuase of the noise of the wind. Then we changed our room to 404, to left side, and all the noise was gone. The water on right side was also less windy so that we could swim.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ayfer_CI

Thank you for your lovely review.

Though the weather was indeed much worse than usual, I am glad that our team made “little surprises and little touches” to make your holiday a dream. We are very happy having succeeded in making your holidays so special. The team at LUX* Maldives focuses on creating lasting memories for our guests and we put a strong emphasis on our team members’ attitude since it plays a big part on our guests’ experience.
The All Inclusive Package we offer aims at making each stay more comfortable and I am happy to see that it did just that with you.

Your comfort is very important to us and I am happy to hear that we achieved our goal of providing you a stress free vacation despite of the bad weather.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers and I hope to welcome you back on the island in the near future!

With best wishes,

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I went to this resort for 2 weeks on 2nd August 2013. The first thing you notice is the attitude of the staff. The GM of the resort greeted us off the sea plane and we had a 1:1 overview of the resort by a member of staff. Every staff member greeted us with a hello and a smile every day. The food is excellent and enough variety for the 2 week stay. We went with friends who have a 7 year old son and the kids club was a hit! Shout outs have to go to Khan and Alaudin who looked after us at the bars. You have to try Aluadin's Pride and Passion - just delicious. The activities were great and we were lucky enough to see a whale shark on the snorkeling trip and the house reef is amazing.

There are some elements of the resort that need updating, woodwork around the pool and some of the loungers were broken. However I have to say the holiday was amazing and would certainly recommend

Room Tip: Sunset villas were lovely, and close to the main pool and restaurants
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

We always want our guests to leave with amazing stories to tell, I really appreciate your efforts of taking the time to share your wonderful holiday stories with other travelers.

Hearing that you noticed that “every team member greeted you with hello and a smile every day, makes our entire team extremely proud of what we do. I have shared your kind comments with Allaudin, Khan and with all the islanders. Thank you for your very gracious comments.

I am also glad to see you appreciated the quality of our food and beverages and the wide range of activities we have on the island. We try to provide a wide range of activities to cater to guests of all ages. I am glad to see you were busy trying all of them and most importantly you enjoyed them.

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback and suggestions. Your concerns are always welcome so that we can continuously improve LUX* Maldives and you will be happy to know that we have already addressed your concerns and many changes are being done right now.

I look forward to welcoming you back again on the island for another memorable experience!

With sincere wishes,

Reviewed August 30, 2013

we stayed at the lux* maldives resort on dhidoo finolhu island. first we want say thank you for lux maldives. it was perfect..! honeymoon we did at the lux* maldives..in the island kitchan the food was excellent both every morning for breakfast and during evening meals are so amazing and i have ever tasted..! we would like to highlight some of the key staff i ever seeing who made our stay that big bit extra special firstly our villa attendant ( ismail ). and who always greeted us with a big smile it was my friendly our villa attendant ( ismail ). we would like to say thank you so much for spending our time to here and your the perfect person we met at lux* maldives. we were impressed with everyrthing lux* maldives had to offer, service is truly 5 star. staff was very friendly, smiley. we did amazing honeymoon experience! at lux* maldives thank you .. we will definitely be back to lux* maldives. for next year march.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Fatih Y

We strive to provide a great experience for all of our guests and I am glad that you had a perfect and wonderful honeymoon at LUX* Maldives. I am pleased to know that our team members, particularly Ismail made your stay extra special. Your comments are indeed great encouragements for all us to continuously strive for perfection in everything we do!

We constantly aim at keeping high standards and I am happy to see you appreciated the quality of our food and beverages.

I hope you brought home with you a lot of pictures along with the great memories.

Looking forward to welcoming you to LUX* Maldives again!

With sunny regards,