Just got back from the Velassaru and do miss the island already. The location itself was peaceful, lovely beaches, great pool and lovely food. Seafood lovers would enjoy the menus! And a tip off- the sushi there is out of this world!
The prices were pretty high there you are looking at £100 for dinner excluding dessert and wine! this is to be expected however in the area as everything is shipped over.
Having stayed in many luxury 5 star places, i would not say the rooms were to the highest standard, or a standard we were expecting. Although cleanish and still attractive to a four star standard. The staff although very helpful i could not help but feel were not sincere and as a women do expect to be ignored a bit by male staff or not addressed as much due to your gender- this can only be expected in a largely Muslim area.
For what we paid we could have gone much more luxurious elsewhere.
There is very little to do also which is the idea but do not come here for partying! This means it is the perfect place to relax, they always play chill out music.
Lots of wildlife and we saw sharks and large sting rays in fairly shallow water!
All in all a great place with a few small let downs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Undressed. Gentle sands leading you to the water's edge. Soothing vistas across the spectacular turquoise lagoon at sunset. Minimalist contemporary chic meets comfortable natural elegance in your own private hideaway. Five dining venues, each providing a taste of the exotic. Two innovative bars, the ultimate chill-out. Experiences that immerse you in local culture, underwater explorations that introduce you to our tropical marine world. Days and nights of simple indulgence. Step into the unknown. Welcome to Velassaru. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Prestigia, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Velassaru Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Velassaru Maldives Hotel South Male Atoll
- Velassaru Maldives Laguna Beach Male
- Velassaru Maldives Laguna Beach Hotel