All reviewswater villafishsea planeall inclusive packageper daymini bardrinking watercurriesour waiterpalm treesdive centreseaplane transferbuffet restaurantguest relationsmale airportmarine lifesun loungers
Reviewed August 17, 2015

If you are looking for a place with all the luxury you can imagine, to lie in the sun and have great meals, then this is it: the houses are fantastic -especially the bathroom is great with the open shower-,the staff is excellent, very helpful and full of joy.
But if you are looking for a place where you can be active whenever you want, go snorkling after waking up, seeing the most beautiful corrals and fishes just in front of your beach house, then you might reconsider. This island doesn't have her own reef, which implies that you are depending on the boat which sails out every day with approximately 30-50 people to bring you to the most beautiful reefs in the neighbourhood. We like active holidays, came to the Maldives because of the sea life and were a bit disappointed about that. Same thing with surfing: due to a lunch break you have to bring back your board at 12.30-13.00 and are able to pick it up again after the break is over. Maybe our expectations should have been different, and don't get me wrong, we had a great 5 days. But to us, it would have been even better if there were more opportunities to go snorkling and surfing when it would fit us best, instead of depending on schedules. And make the WIFI free, as paying for it is not what you expect in such a luxurious resort!

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family
5  Thank Karlijn V
Reviewed August 17, 2015

There isn't much I can add that I haven't already for this is my third review of Medhufushi.

This is truly a beautiful Island and there isn't much room for improvement since most of the hard work is done by nature. Again I stayed for 3 weeks and I miss it already, it's great to relax, rest and not worrying about the kids. Again I had the family beach suit and for the last days it was only me and my son so I moved to the overwater villa, I asked if I could have the very first villa so I could keep an eye on my son and it was great, he would go to the beach and to the pool just by taking the sea short cut. For him that was great fun, different, where else in the world can you be so relax about everything.
I do love this island, it's beautiful and inviting. Definitely Love it. Thank you to Mr Hussain, to Mr Faiz as well as to everyone else from the staff whom made this holiday a memorable one.

Room Tip: Sun rise side, better beach and less windy
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank cgbe
Reviewed August 17, 2015

My husband and i went to Medhufushi back in Oct 2014 for our anniversary.
It was one of the best holidays we have ever had.
The food was good, the scenery was amazing and the staff so lovely.
note: try the massage, so relaxing

• Stayed: October 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2015 via mobile

Lovely place with very friendly people.Im amazed how everything was organized in the resort.We were there for 7 days-in the water villa and the lagoon suite.Rooms,Restourant, Bar,the pool area and the beach -everything was just perfect...I can simply say 'I was in Paradise'
The staff was very warm and welcoming.I want to say thanks to all of them for making our stay unforgetable- especially friench girl Bouchra-so nice and sweet person.Praveen -always helped with a smile,Ana,Kamal,our waiter Raidh and all the girls from the Spa.Thank you,guys...I miss all of you..Would love to come back again. Regards

Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Violeta G
Ahmed_Sharyf, Manager at Medhufushi Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2015

Dear Violeta,

Thank you for choosing Medhufushi Island Resort for your holiday in the Maldives. Out of so many islands you picked us and we as staff members of the resort we strive to live up to your expectations. We did, and we are glad to know that you are totally satisfied for the facilities and service. We seek the pleasure welcoming you again. With many regards from Maldives!

Reviewed August 7, 2015

Long thin island with rooms facing either to the east or west, for both beach villas and over water villas. The beach is more beautiful on the sunrise side and better the further towards the staff accommodation end. I personally would recommend the beach villas, great outdoor bathrooms, although a night or two in the over water villas would be an experience, especially the ability to walk into and out of the ocean. No great house reef but to be honest not an issue for me, the water is crystal clear and the snorkeling trips enable you to have fantastic views of outer deep reefs.

• Stayed: September 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oznick

Dear Oznick,

Thank you for staying at Medhufushi Island Resort. We are glad to learn that you enjoyed the holiday with us. As you mentioned we do not have a house reef, a better alternative of free trips to different reefs seems to be greatly enjoyed by our guests. With kind regards and thanks!