Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
$402
Get rewarded with One Key
$369
Get rewarded with One Key
$348
9,484 results
All reviews sunset restaurant water villa lagoon bar ocean spa our honeymoon grand beach island pizza fish deluxe room manta rays all inclusive package main island special thanks water sports dream bar an amazing experience beautiful island
Selected filters
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I booked a week here through First Choice as a last minute holiday and it was well worth the long journey for the 1 week holiday! My husband and I had been looking at the Caribbean or Greek Islands for a last minute deal, but the prices were going up as time went on, and this amazing deal came up just £100 more than what we anticipated we would have spent in total. The booking and collection of tickets through First Choice was very easy and the flight was good, although I’d recommend pre-booking seats. I have never had to pre-book before, but on this holiday we ended up sitting apart (luckily only one behind the other) despite arriving at check in early.

Our transfer by boat was 1 hour and on arrival at the resort, the island looked stunning. It is as you see it in all the brochures, white powdery sand and clear turquoise waters. There is a bit of crushed coral on the beach on one side of the island but you can walk on it and it is not an issue. We had booked a beach villa which was very clean and a good size with a lovely 4 poster bed, the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in with very soft sheets. We had a top floor room with high ceiling and fan but the room was also air conditioned. The bathroom was a little dated but I understand they are renovating the beach villas, slowly though as the hotel has been at near full capacity, which says how great it is. Both bath and beach towels were changed daily. The beach towels are different depending on your room type (water villas got stripes!) which annoyed my husband considerably! I found there could have been more drawers in the room as we used the shelving opposite the wardrobes for most of our clothes, otherwise this was a great room.

We went all inclusive; the food was excellent and the drinks included the popular spirit brands (Absolut Vodka, Gordon’s Gin) etc, but it’s a shame cocktails were not. You are allocated the same table in the restaurant for all meals and we were really lucky to be given one by the window overlooking the jetty and the sea. We ate out on the deck one night, and were the only ones, so that was lovely! Food choice is really good, with fresh pasta cooked to your recommendations and fish and steaks grilled to order on most evenings. Puddings were amazing! The a la carte restaurants also were not included, but they didn’t seem that badly priced. This is the first all inclusive we have been on where cocktails and a la carte restaurants are not included but it seems to be standard in the Maldives. It didn’t bother us for just 1 week, but I think if I’d stayed for 2 weeks, I’d have liked the change of scene to eat in another restaurant a few times.

Water sports are also not included (again first time I’ve come across this with AI) but we weren’t too bothered as enjoyed just relaxing round the pools, on the beach and in the sea. There are 2 infinity pools and how different they both are. As they are on different sides of the island, one is sheltered and is like a bath as it’s so hot, the other is much cooler as it has the winds on that side. We liked sunbathing round both, although at the infinity pool on the windy side you can expect a display of pool posing (by anyone other than the British!) and never have I witnessed such vanity in front of the camera whilst on holiday! It was certainly entertaining and amusing to watch though! Both pools have bars and the service is great, in fact the service was great everywhere and the people are so nice and friendly.

Snorkelling as you’d expect from the clear waters is amazing. My husband went in many times and saw all kinds of coloured and tropical looking fish. With a slight fear of the sea, i braved it on the last day and was glad i did, it was just magical by the coral before it dips down into the deep blue sea. For those that don’t like to get too close, you could view all kinds of different fish (including small reef sharks) from the jetty. The huge manta rays also come out at night so we went to see then at the end of the jetty every night. We also did the sunset cruise to see the dolphins and there were loads! In addition to marine life there are friendly herons and giant bats, as well as loads of tiny hermit crabs on the beaches.

It was monsoon season when we went (beginning of July) but we had hot weather from start to finish, even through the cloud you will catch it so take loads of high factor sun cream. There were two rain storms but these happened in the evening, so all in all pretty lucky with the weather. Usually i spend weeks trawling through trip advisor trying to find the perfect hotel, but this was done so last minute that I picked from just 5 available on the First Choice website, and I’m so glad that was the case otherwise we may have missed this fantastic resort. I doubt you could go wrong anywhere in the Maldives, but this one was a really fantastic holiday and i’d love to return, very soon!! If i could offer any tips it would be take your own snorkelling equipment, loads of sun cream, visit the jetty in the evening for the manta rays and buy gifts at the airport as they are much cheaper than in the hotel!

Room tip: If booking a beach villa, ask for one of the refirbished ones for better bathroom
7  Thank shangrilada
OBSR, General Manager at Sun Siyam Olhuveli, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2011

Warm Greetings from Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives!

We all at Olhuveli would like to express our gratitude to you for your fantastic feedback of our island. We are pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay on the whole and found the accommodation, food and ambiance of the island very pleasant and to your satisfaction. We have communicated your feedback to the entire team at Olhuveli who are happy to have received the same. We are certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence and to continue working hard to serve our guests with the warm hospitality and friendly service.

We thank you for choosing Olhuveli and look forward to welcoming you back to our island.

Reviewed July 10, 2011

We had decided to have a special trip to celebrate out 40th Wedding anniversary.
After a lot of looking and hair pulling decided on this resort. We were not dissapointed.

The food was out of this world the selection was fantastic and very varied. 20/10

The staff were a credit to the resort I must complement Shareef and Jaban in the Sunset restaurant for looking after us for the two weeks we were there.

I must also name Siam in the Sunrise bar who was excellent with his service. Nothing was too much trouble for all the staff.

The rooms were kept impeccable. The evening were so perfect we would just sit by the Ocean and watch the fish swim.

This was just what my Husband and I needed as we usually have frantic holidays touring.
I look forward to returing to this resort and would recomment this to any one.

Date of stay: June 2011
1  Thank Medici_8
OBSR, General Manager at Sun Siyam Olhuveli, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2011

Warm Greetings from Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives!

Thank you for your wonderful note and for the time you have taken to share your experience during your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to read that we have created unforgettable memories.

We are pleased to receive your compliments on our team members especially Shareef, Jaban and Siam, which will motivate us even more to continuously strive for perfection and to thoroughly delight our guests at all times.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our island in the not too distant future for another relaxing holiday.

Reviewed July 9, 2011

Myself, my mum and grandmother stayed at Olhuveli for a week in July.

I cannot fault the island, it's beautiful. The beach is amazing - powder white sands and gorgeous blue seas.

We were concerned about traveling in July due to the Monsoon, but I'm pleased to say for five days there was no sight of a drop of rain but instead glorious sunshine. The last two days of our holiday we saw a few showers, but nothing that affected out holiday.

We all had massages in the spa - very friendly staff, although the prices were slightly higher than expected.

All the staff are very friendly - our waiter in the Sunset restaurant Ahmed was fantastic. We were shocked to find out he was only a trainee as he made us feel very welcome and we couldn't fault his service. Abdulla, the Manager, upgraded us to a Beach Villa as there were three of us sharing a beach bungalow and it was a little cramped (however there would be ample space for two people to share.) The beach villas were gorgeous. The outside bathroom is very large with two showers, two sinks, day bed and a bath with feet! The view onto the beach is fabulous and just what we needed to wake up to every morning. The sun rises on this side of the island also, so its good to get up early and relax on sun loungers to watch.

The food was really good. We stayed half board so we had breakfast and dinner. Breakfast is the same most mornings with a selection of fruit, cakes, breads, cereals and sausages, eggs etc. Dinner time meals were lovely. The chefs are very skilled and take pride in the food they serve to you at the serving stations. The BBQ night was particularly tasty. At lunch time we ate mainly in the Dhoni Bar restaurant - sandwiches, burgers, salads etc. Again, couldn't fault it.

If watersports is your thing go all inclusive as the hiring of a pedalo and canoe can be pricey if you go on more than once. However, it is a must. You can canoe or pedalo over the nearby deserted island.

I have been to better locations for snorkelling, but the array of fish is still vast. After dusk the mantarays and sharks come out to play at the end of the pier. You must go to see them if you go to this island.

The Island is well groomed and looked after well. Flowers decorate the island and all the plants and trees get the attention they need. Not too pruned to take away the natural beauty of the island though.

Thank you to the staff of Olhuveli for the holiday of a lifetime. My mum has been four times, my grandmother twice. This was my first visit to Olhuveli but it certainly won't be my last.

With two infinity pools and the sea there is something for everybody.

Thoroughly recommend this island!

Room tip: Two or more people in the same room - get a beach villa.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank emsie_0_3__11

Warm Greetings from Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives!

We thank you for your lovely note post your recent visit and pleased that your mum and grandmother has made repeated visits to Olhuveli. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and happy to know that all of you enjoyed your holidays. Your feedback has been communicated to Ahmed and Abdulla and the entire team at the resort and we are all very pleased to have received such lovely words of appreciation.

We are indeed very keen on preserving the beauty of our resort, our gardeners and public area staff take immense pride in what they do. Our culinary team is always eager to show their gastronomic offerings, professional skills and we are happy to cater to any special needs of the guests, we make every possible effort to provide our guests with a memorable experience.

Looking forward to welcoming you and your family back to Olhuveli, Maldives for another memorable holiday.

Reviewed July 8, 2011

I cannot begin to express how wonderful this small island is, it was truly beautiful in everyway. The well kept gardens and beautiful waters plus the excellent service delivered at all times was 5 stars.

I have returned home and already introducing friends and family to the Olhuveli Resort and they are looking onto going themselves.

My partner and I took 800 photos in 1 week....we wanted to capture every inch of its beauty and I can’t stop reliving the holiday through these photos.

I have to start by saying how fantastic the food selection was in the all inclusive, something different everyday and something that will interest everyone. The drinks selection was wide but cocktails you need to pay for.

We did the Dolphin Safari and the Full day excursion which included 3 snorkel stops, visit a small island and have a BBQ plus visit a local Maldivian village and see how they live. Both were brilliant and we highly recommend.

We had the lobster buffet which was good, eat as much as you want, my partner was in his element.

We were lucky enough to upgrade to a Jacuzzi water villa for our last 3 nights which blew us away, definitely a must do if you plan to visit, it works out to be 90US per person per night but worth every penny. However we also admit that our delux beach villa was also excellent, no complaints and better then we expected.

All in all I’m jealous of anyone whose planning to visit because I would go back in a heart beat if I could.

Happy holidays and enjoy : )

2  Thank leanne_appleton

Warm Greetings from Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives!

We are pleased to learn that your holiday at Olhuveli was full of enjoyment and the team here could create fond memories for both of you. We are happy that you specially liked the lobster buffet and some of the excursions such as the Dolphin safari.

It is our team’s passion to ensure that all our guests have a relaxing and enjoyable experience at Olhuveli. We thank you for your feedback and we believe that your feedback will motivate all of us to achieve higher standards of excellence in future.

Once again, may we take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us and thank you very much for recommending-introducing our resort to your friends and families back at home. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed July 5, 2011

The resort was in a fantastic location with the edge of the Atoll on one side of the bay and the House reef on the other. We were all inclusive and the meals in the International Restaurant were really good. Particularly the Salads, Puddings and the Bread. The does not mean the main meals were not, just those areas were exceptional. The staff are really good, service attentive; always a smile and a greeting.
We had a Deluxe water villa. The view was breathtaking, and the fish just swimming around the steps into the water were unexpected. The whole place is a giant aquarium. We only snorkelled which is fine on the safe house reef. I saw multitude of colourful fish, rays, and I even swam with a turtle! There are no flies or mosquitoes to bother you. Beaches are uncrowned and there is plenty to do if you want to use the Pedaleos, wind and kite serf, jet ski, Catamaran, etc. Only thing to remember is if you want to go on an excursion, they tend to be from $50 to $150 each, so take your Dollars or Credit card.
We have not been to other Maldives resorts, but I cannot fault this one. It was paradise and I highly recommend a visit.

Room tip: The water villas are a must.
Date of stay: June 2011
3  Thank Volvoman2004

Warm Greetings from Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives!

Thank you for your wonderful review and we are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your holiday, specially the meals and watersports. We appreciate your compliments to our staff members who were all delighted to know that they contributed to make your stay even more memorable.

Once again, may we take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.