“Honeymoon Successful!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Moofushi Island
Melbourne, Australia
“Honeymoon Successful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

We booked for an 8 nights stay at Constance Moofushi for the start of November, that trip didn't happen. Our passports were stolen literally hours before our takeoff, the cancellation date had elapsed, our travel insurance didn't cover loss of paperwork prior to travel and we were devastated. (Long story short) After speaking to Constance about it, they agreed to reschedule our stay without penalties to mid-Feb. I vowed to give Constance a 5/5 on Tripadvisor regardless of the experience of my stay, and it was quite close. Where do I begin?

Arrival:

By the time we'd arrived in Male, it was past midnight so we had to stay at another hotel to wait for our seaplane transfer. We had booked for a seaplane for noon but for some reason our seaplane was rescheduled to 8AM without our knowledge, this meant we only had 4 hours to sleep. Speaking to the staff at the Constance lounge, they have no control of the seaplane schedule and there was no time to notify all their guests, fair enough.

At the Constance lounge, they had served mango-strawberry iced tea to all guests, it's great and I am addicted! For the following week at Constance, I drank this pretty much every day. For those of you who are interested, Constance uses the Dilmah brand which you can't buy from supermarkets (at least not in Australia) but you can order it from their website.

When we got to Constance Moofushi by seaplane, we were asked to wait in the reception lounge, all guests were treated to exotic fruit juices. After what seemed like half an hour, we were told our rooms would be ready later this afternoon, each group of guests were taken for an orientation around the island and we were told lunch buffet would start at 2PM. When we eventually got to lunch at 2:30PM but all the food were gone and being removed, the staff said the buffet actually started at 12:30PM and they were now closing the buffet. Other guests on our seaplane weren't too pleased either. I was starving so I ate anything I could scavenge.

Food:

Food is first because it's one of my great passions. Food is served at two main venues, the Manta buffet and the Alizee fine dining restaurant.

Buffet food is free and has daily themes, there are seven themes in total, on one day it could be a Asian food theme, another day it could be a Mexican food theme. On our 2nd day there, the pasta chef was quite rude - bad day perhaps? He was awesome all the other days.

The ambience is great, our favourite area is the Manta deck, an open area above shallow waters, where you can throw food at the marine life below (in moderation). “You guys should put some tables along the beach”, that's what we told them on our second day, they listened and if you're in Constance and they have tables lining the beach, that's us :)

During the busier hours of the buffet, the service was really slow. Some days we had to wait more than half an hour to get a coffee or have our table set (or can just set the table yourself). Sometimes they'd forget and we have to prompt multiple times to get what we need.

Breakfast was amazing, the egg chef, he does a sunny side up perfectly. I haven't been to another 5-star that can make sunny side up so consistently perfect. There are many choices for breakfast, eggs, pancakes, wide range of bakery, mmmm thinking about it makes me drool.

For sparkling water, be sure to ask for San Pellegrino. They won't offer it willingly, but if you know they serve it, they will offer it to you.

To us, the rest of the food was very average, some foods (like the spaghetti bolognese) was terrible and hard to swallow. Granted, we're Australian so we're spoiled with good food at home, but from what we gathered from most other guests, the food is beautiful.

You get an Alizee voucher for every 4 days you stay at Constance, it's an a la carte setting and occasionally offering degustation / set courses for events. The a la carte is pretty decent and much better quality than Manta buffet. One thing we found really disappointing about Alizee is when they have degustation for special events, they will not cater for special dietary requirements. We wanted to have a pesctarian or vegetarian dinner for Valentine’s day, we spoke to the chef but he was adamant and unable to cater for our needs.

Service:

Staff generally had a good attitude and respect towards their guests, they spoke good English and are informed about most topics relevant to your stay. However they do give wrong advice and make mistakes from time to time, which is acceptable normally but when you spend an exorbitant amount per night you'd expect everything to be perfect.

Our TV didn't work correctly on arrival, something they could have checked before our arrival.

Had problems with housekeeping on for the first few days, either it didn't happen, or we had to wait outside our door for 30 minutes.

I overlooked these mishaps but then something broke the straw for us.

We wanted to book Alizee for our 4th day and our last day, we did this through reception and it was all confirmed. We dressed up for the occasion and were really looking forward to it the whole week. Our dreams were crushed when we arrived at the restaurant and they could not find our names on the reservations list and rather than just adding another table, they had to turn us away. When we got back to the villa, my wife was crying and I was pissed. To make matters worse, housekeeping had given us stained sheets for the night.

Reeling from anger I couldn't sleep all night, so instead I spent the whole night drafting a complaint letter and I lodged the complaint first thing in the morning. Sri called us around lunch time apologising for the stuff up, he offered us a special turn down for the evening, complimentary bottle of wine, a spa voucher and he's spoken to Alizee's adamant chef personally and *convinced* him to make an exception and tailor a Valentines dinner to our dietary requirements.
We were sceptical at first but after the massage, awesome Valentine’s dinner and consistently good housekeeping, we forgot all about it.

Room:

Very roomy and appropriate decor, large bed with centre divide which lead to great sleep. Balcony overlooking sunset is just awesome.

The mini bar is complimentary but there's isn't much variety.

The TV had lots of movies and music to go through, but I would really have like it more if the multi-instalment movies had the original parts too. For example, I wanted to watch Despicable Me 2 but they didn't have the 1st movie.

On our all-inclusive package it says "hammock for all deluxe and senior water villas", but there weren't any hammocks in our room. We called reception and they said it was an error - they only have hammocks for their beach villas.

One thing that bothered us was the bath and shower facilities didn't seem to have adequate privacy. The bathroom facilities and public walkway is separated by a privacy screen made with timber stacks, however there is about a 1cm gap between some stacks and if people wanted to they could peek in, especially during the night. My wife tested this, as I was showering, my wife stepped out and could make out certain "bits". As a precaution, I always showered with my back to the walkway.

Activities:

Snorkelling was a daily thing for us, but it got a bit boring later in our stay. The reefs are beautiful on the north side of our senior water villas, a bit cold on the south side and we spotted a few Titan Triggerfish on the other side of the island which we dutifully avoided.

There are equipment to hire (for free) at the main beach, you can hire paddle boats, kayaks, windsurf sails, diving gear, life jackets and snorkelling gear which you can keep until the end of your stay. If you're willing to spend some money, you can also get lessons for each type of equipment.

As part of your all inclusive package, you get one excursion voucher, and unlike food vouchers, this one doesn't change regardless of how many nights you stay.

We picked the Dolphin Excursion and my advice is stay away from it. It was only when we were on the boat, they told us "you'll be lucky to even see one dolphin". The rest of the trip was just about sniffing engine fumes.

There's also a gym, pretty well equipped although no free weights (probably because of safety issues as the gym is not staffed). The gym is always empty.

Wildlife:

Lots of exotic fish, some birds, few lizards, fewer freak of nature insects and one cat.

Departure:

Constance bars guests from consuming complimentary alcohol on departure day, so make sure you drink your belly full the night before! We sipped mocktails under the coconut trees near the diving centre while waiting for our seaplane, my wife wanted to scavange some mango-strawberry satchels from the diving centre but found cockroaches pop out at her as she picked up the bags.

We tipped two of our favourite people at Constance:

1. Yaabe who was our main waiter, he impressed us for our second dinner buffet, he remembered our names, our room number, our favourite drinks (strawberry-mango iced tea) and our favourite table from the night before. He is also knowledgeable, giving us a rundown of names of exotic fruits at Constance and where they’re grown, insightful stuff!

2. John (?) the coconut man, we thought he was under appreciated and he works so hard chopping up coconuts and maintaining the garden. Even though he didn't speak a word of English, he was polite and respectful everytime we ran into him.

Originally I wanted to tip 20USD per person but my wife is an anti-tipper so we met in the middle. She wanted to tip zero, I wanted to tip 20 so I tipped 10USD.

After the seaplane dropped us off, we stayed at the Constance lounge for some food and refreshments. It was a bit better than the buffet at Manta but you had to pay for it.

We had a shower at the Constance facilities before our very long trip back, and the quality of their facility was shoddy at best. Shampoo and body wash bottles were long empty, the floors were dirty and the drains wouldn't drain properly, I had to step on stacked towels in a bid to avoid stepping on “old” water. According to my wife, it was the same in the females.

Conclusion:

We made a right choice choosing Constance as our honeymoon resort, the experience here will stay with me for life. It's made such a powerful impression on me, I still remember like it was yesterday I was there enjoying the sunshine. I even made arrangement to have some Constance shampoo mailed to me so that it can remind me of the great times I had.

For those of us who don't drink, the complimentary alcohol is such as waste, perhaps we can swap it from something else in the future?

Room Tip: North facing senior water villas are the best, the south facing side is too cold for snorkelling. Th...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Jack S
Moofushi C, General Manager at Constance Moofushi, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Sunny greetings from beautiful Maldives!

It was a pleasure to have had you as our guest for such a special occasion - your honeymoon - and I would like to once again congratulate you on your very important lifetime event.

I appreciate your time taken to write such a detailed feedback of your stay at Moofushi, and that our team was able to provide with a most memorable experience. Please rest assured that your comments will be passed on to the team members, especially Yabbe an John who are personally mentioned in a positive light and that they surely will be delighted.

I thank you also for your constructive feedback as well as many suggestions, all of which are very valuable for us since guests' satisfaction is always our utmost importance, hence we will take deep consideration to reflect further improvement of our service. Concerning the beverages for non-alcoholic drinkers, as you may have enjoyed we have wide selections of non-alcoholic beverages such as high quality tea & coffee, fresh juices, milk shakes and colorful mocktails most of which are original creations by our talented bartenders included in Crystal Package. Should any guests wish to replace alcoholic items available in Mini Bar with any preferred soft drinks, we shall be pleased to arrange so.

We truly hope to welcome you back to our Jewel Island in not too distant future.

Kai Hoffmeister

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (557)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

We've had a really good fun, it's an amazing place, great service and food. If there was anything that left a little mark on the experience it would be these:

1 - Once arrived in Male we've had to wait for almost 2 hours to get a place to the island. With sea planes leaving seemingly every 10 minutes, it did not feel reasonable that we've had to wait so long.

2 - Honeymoon spa special 50% does not apply to regular treatment. When we got to the spa to make a booking, we got slapped with a 'honeymooner's special at over $500, on which we could the 50%, which by no means made us feel special or that we were getting a good deal

3 - Having several days at the resort I thought I'd pick up windsurfing as the equipment was free. Unless you have done it, you will be charged $100 for a lesson.. which cab be unexpected after you've paid over $1300 a day to stay at the place.

4 - Diving is way overpriced, and so you often see the sad sight of a lone diver heading out on a diving trip - can't be much fun

At first I simply thought I might have stretched myself unnecessary but paying roughly twice the amount of other resorts around and it caters for folks with bigger budget than mine, but having spoken to a few young honeymooners these messages echoed.

Other than that we loved every minute of it - great place, great service with smiles

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sunny greetings from Constance Moofushi Maldives!

Thank you once again for choosing us for your honeymoon in Maldives. Also, we appreciate your time taken to share the precious feedback with us.

We thank you also for the suggestion and constructive comments provided since these are very important for us to know for further improvements of our services and to strive higher guests satisfaction. If we may, kindly allow us to provide some clarifications concerning your arrival experience, we are truly sorry for the long waiting time at the airport caused to you. However, kindly note that it was beyond our control since the seaplane is fully operated by the 3rd company called Trans Maldivian Airways, which is the same condition in all other resorts in Maldives. We thank you to kindly understand this is not a justification from our side, but merely an explanation of standard information of the operation of seaplane transfer in this country.

We are truly looking forward to serving you again at our Jewel Island in near future!

Irvine, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

My wife and I honeymooned here from June 12 - June 23, immediately proceeding our wedding. We had such an awesome, positive experience I don't even know where to begin. I'm afraid I won't recollect everything and somehow fail to give the due praise the staff and resort island deserve.

We arrived into Male and found the Constance staff at the airport. I was a bit nervous due to reading some traveler horror stories about MLE and the seemingly unorganized sea taxi flights. Not in our case. Constance was so smooth and organized- we were greeted then shuttled to an offsite airport lounge complete with snacks and light refreshments. It was a relief that they had our names and all our travel details already. They knew exactly what was going on.The lounge was impeccable. The staff was attentive and friendly. We were given our sea taxi flight info and shortly taken to that airport departure lounge thereafter. I was so excited to get to the island that I hadn't slept in over a day (we have never been to the Maldives). Once we landed from the sea taxi flight we were greeted by a group of staff with smiles and excitement. It was all very professional. Ko escorted us to the check-in and then gave us a brief tour. She was so friendly and charming that we couldn't help but stop by to see her and say an enthusiastic hello every day.

This was my first experience at a 5-star resort. I am not a 5-star person with lofty service expectations. As long as staff are friendly, the food/drinks good, and the resort is clean I am easy. We befriended much of the staff during our stay, and no matter how personal we seemed to get, service was always "Mr and Mrs" and "It's my pleasure", etc. The can-do and positive, professional attitude was truly amazing and admirable.

Our trip was actually off to a rocky start as our bags got lost en route. They actually never made it at all. Luckily, Moofushi has a small, albeit expensive, boutique with plenty of gear. The baseline brand is Armani to put things in perspective. I spent the first few days on the phone with my airline, travel insurance company, and credit card company securing a budget for some clothes and essential items since we didn't have much in our carry on. Anna was very helpful and I'm pretty sure we were customers of the year. Apparently there are only 2 shipments per year so if you're on the lookout for anything "small" size I'm pretty sure you're going to have to wait till the next shipment in November! Checking out for our initial purchase Anna was nervous we didn't know how much we were spending and said "Guys, you know how much you're spending? Is this OK?" We gave a resounding and affirmative YES! Stick it to the airline for screwing up on our once in a lifetime honeymoon...

We were lucky enough to be there during the World Cup. Games on the island were at 10PM, 1AM, and 4AM. By the way, Moofushi time is 1hr ahead of Male, which makes no sense considering it's west of Male. The Manta bar had a giant screen pulled down for the World Cup. Everyone was into it. There was a schedule of games posted and paraphernalia displayed during games. 10PM was a good time because that is when dinner ends, so lots of people hanging around. 1AM game was only populated if it was a good match-up. 4AM was truly for the die-hard, and believe it or not, we convinced the barstaff to please stay up and show the USA-Ghana game at 4AM. Many thanks to Akshay for happily serving me Tigers well into the morning.

But we're not here to watch soccer. The island is breathtaking. I'm sure all the islands in the Maldives are equal in beauty but no one can match the style and service of the Constance brand. I knew nothing of Constance prior to booking this trip and I feel lucky to have discovered them. I narrowed the decision to come here against one other property and was concerned that Moofushi really only had one restaurant (there is a small, a la carte restaurant for extra). However, the reviews and website indicated the cuisine changed daily so based on that plus just the general feel I got from the photos on the website I went with it. The food is AMAZING. Every day is a different theme. You never eat the same thing twice. We literally spent 2hrs at every meal. I really enjoyed the unique salads put together like pumpkin and goat cheese. They had different ice cream flavors like avocado, coconut, and even the week's favorite, the dark horse flavor earl gray! I got a chance to talk to the head chef and really thanked him for the great meals. We enjoyed themes like "Indian Ocean", "Maldivian", "Oriental", "Mexican", and "International". If you can't find at least 2 full plates of food at every meal here to devour then something is wrong with you.

The true beauty, and the ultimate surprise, was the wine. Unbelievable. We had a bottle of wine at each meal which added to the romanticism and relaxing nature of our dining. We mostly ate outside on the deck, but there are also nice tables in the sand on the beach, and inside (which is also sand). Oh, by the way, you don't need shoes/sandals anywhere on the island. Our first meal we were asked by Yafiu if we wanted wine and we said yes, we'll take the wine list. A sommelier arrives to tell us about the wine so we told him we were waiting for the wine list and he responds with "I am the wine list". We were so charmed and thus began our great relationship with Raul- he was the highlight of our meals. So helpful in our exploration of wine and opening up our palate experiences. Many thanks! In his defense, we also had, to a lesser number of times, wine form Payal who was equally as nice and helpful and it would be a disservice not to give him a shoutout. We were also lucky enough to see the wine cellar itself (didn't see any California wine in there, but that was OK...). I cannot emphasize the quality of the food and drink enough. We were always excited to get seated by Yafiu with a prompt follow up from Raul.

Our days were pretty lazy in general. We paddle boated and swam mostly. I brought my goggles and did swims around the island, all of which is in only about 3-5ft high water, crystal clear. I used the gym a few times. Gym is clean and high end, has everything you could want (if you consider working out on vacation). We spent a lot of time on our sun deck. We stayed in water villa 129 facing the away from the island and with nice sunsets. I don't think there's a "bad" unit on the island. Room was perfect. We made use of the Apple TV and ability to hook up our iPod (which plays through a large LCD Samsung). I liked the outdoor rain shower. I also appreciated the literature about the island itself and the emphasis on the difficulty of sustaining such a resort and the challenges that come along with it. I think that could even be played up more. For example, making fresh water- every day they're desalinating sea water for us to drink and shower, and it blew me away that people at meals would order these giant bottles and drink like 1/3 of it and leave it! All that waste! We ensured to be prompt with our showers and to finish every bottle of water served to us entirely, thanks to the literature.

When we first got to our room there was a bottle of champagne and a hand-written note for us. I was so happy with this personal touch. We were definitely put off on the right touch from the moment we arrived here.

Even though we weren't that "active" on this trip, we had the best time of our lives, thanks to the natural beauty of the Maldives and the Constance brand. We spent afternoons at the Totem bar enjoying cocktails from our #1 favorite, Shifazz. This guy takes service to another level. He is really something special. If you go here please search for him. Always smiling, always happy, never in a bad mood. Poster boy for positivity. We ate at Alize one night and it started pouring rain, so he stood there in the rain for us holding an umbrella over our table while he got pelted by water. We were so endeared by his level of service with a smile. As great as our trip was, it was even greater by the presence of Shifazz.

The island was immaculate. No trash. All restrooms super clean and smelled very pleasant. Beaches were sandy white with no rocks. Ocean floor the same. We actually saw two stingrays hiding out in the sand one day when we were out swimming off the main beach, so watch out!

There is a nice infinity pool by Totem bar but we didn't go in much considering we were there to experience the Indian Ocean. The island has plenty of quiet places to relax- many nooks of seclusion for you and your spouse to enjoy and sleep away or drink away the afternoon in.

We didn't use the spa so can't comment on that. We did one of the excursions, called "sand bank magic", which was cool because we got boated out a couple miles into the middle of of the ocean where we could stand in ankle high water.

The stars were amazing. It was so dark at night we felt like we were in space. We enjoyed the long walk from our room to the island. We were never in a rush, never under pressure, never in time crunch. No clocks in the room...

Staff put on some events like traditional Maldivian dance which was cool to see/hear. We also got to watch the staff play in their own World Cup tournament on their personal soccer field. Where there is room on the island for this field and their lodging still baffles me, yet you have no idea it's there. They had wine tasting, in the water, on Thursday nights from 6-7pm. Plenty of fun!

No bugs, no annoying birds. Just pure serenity. Overall about 200 guests and a couple kids there every day (according to their daily news sheet). No one misbehaving. Everyone mellow. Only saw around 50 people / day though so lots of people hiding out!

I got a chance to introduce myself to the GM on our last night. I was so overjoyed with our stay I just couldn't hold back from letting him know what a positive and life-changing experience this was for us. I was so endeared that I read more about Constance and their history and present focus on hospitality. I will absolutely go out of my way to stay at Constance resorts. It will be hard to come back to the Indian Ocean all the way from California and not stay at Moofushi but I feel like I'd have to check out one of their other resorts!

We knew our day would come when we'd be those people leaving from the jetty on the sea taxi that we saw everyday. Ko escorted us back and I was so depressed to leave. But this lifestyle can't go on forever. A few members of the staff waved their hands in goodbye as we taxi'd and took off. I am incredulous where Constance finds these people and how they're trained to be such genuine team members.

I feel blessed to have experienced the Maldives and culture. Overall this is a 10-star resort and hats off to Constance and the Moofushi staff for operating such world class.

Room Tip: Any room is pukka, don't worry about it.

10 Thank Jeff C
Sunny greetings from beautiful Maldives!

Thank you very much for choosing Constance Moofushi as your honeymoon destination, and once again congratulations on your very important lifetime event.

It was my pleasure having a talk with you personally while you were on the island, and I appreciate your most positive feedback given at that time as well as your time taken to share the detailed review of your stay with us and future travellers, from which am so delighted to know that you have enjoyed all aspects of the resort. As you have kindly mentioned, at Constance Hotels we are proud to be "wine lovers", and as such have around 200 different labels for you to enjoy, out of which no less then 120 are within the all inclusive package selected and served by the team of 5 friendly and knowledgeable sommeliers. I am most happy to know the genuine hospitality provided by our team members, successfully made your honeymoon perfect and an unforgettable one. It is a real pleasure to see so many names of team members are mentioned personally with a positive light, by that they will be surely thrilled and more motivated.

We hope to have the honour of welcoming you back to our Jewel Island in not too distant future or to any of our sister properties all located in beautiful Indian Ocean!

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

First class service with a smile on every persons face. We booked a superior water villa, which had an ideal view and easy access to the reefs. The room was outstanding and cleaned twice a day. We paid a little extra for a scuba trip and had a wonderful time and it was like being in an aquarium. We were so happy we didn't want to leave at the end. The little sign "Back to reality" on the dock really did sum up the flight home.

Room Tip: Superior water villas are more secluded with direct access to the water
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Matt G
Sunny greetings from beautiful Maldives!

Thank you very much for choosing Constance Moofushi for your holiday in this beautiful country.

I appreciate the time taken to write the positive review of your stay with us, and am so happy to know that you have enjoyed the combination of beauty of Indian Ocean, natural-chic villas, and genuine hospitality provided by our team members.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to our Jewel Island in near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stayed here in April 2013 as part of our anniversary. Sorry for late review.

Cannot fault anything. Booked a superior water villa and its the best hotel room we have ever stayed in. The All Inclusive package is second to none. Premium beers, spirits wines and cocktails all free, even from your minibar.

Service, food, room quality, staff, scenery was unbelievable. Cant beat the feeling of waking up, opening your shutter and stepping down your steps into the sea for a pre breakfast swim.

I can ssee us coming back!!!

Room Tip: Get a superiour water villa. You wont regret it.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dave151076
Sunny greetings from Constance Moofushi Maldives!

Thank you very much for the time taken to share the valued feedback of your previous stay at Moofushi with us.

It is always a pleasure for us to know that our guests enjoyed the tranquility of the island, the facilities and personalized service provided by our team members, as well as the extraordinary value of our Cristal All Inclusive package.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our little piece of paradise in the near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

From the moment we stepped off the seaplane till the time we had to leave, Constance Moofushi impressed us every day.Wine tasting in the sea as fish swim between your legs, kayaking on the blue waters, sunsets melting into the ocean, waves lapping at the legs of our water villa as the tide changes, sunset fishing off a boat. The wine selection alone (over 140 wines and champagnes) was enough to win us both over but then the knowledge and professionalism shown by each of the sommeliers every day was just as impressive.Nothing was ever a problem, everything was made very easy for us. We ate an array of delicious food every day in the buffet and in the Alizee restaurant, always accompanied by a bottle of wine better than the last. The staff at Moofushi really make you feel like you're a world away from home. They are generous and always smiling and we'd like to pay particular attention to our waiter Adam, who knew what we wanted before we'd even asked for it, Piyal and Nash for their excellent wine choices, their knowledge, and last but not least, Ella from the dive centre. I was scared of diving, never thought I'd ever get past snorkelling but after a session in the pool for confidence after an initial dive to see if I liked it I opted to get past my fear. Without her clear instruction, thorough attentiveness to me, calm supportiveness and expertise, I don't think it would have been so easy and definitely as much fun. Thanks to Ella, I have my open water PADI and enriched air certificate and can't wait to dive again! Its something to be said though, that learning to dive in one of the most beautiful reefs full of so many fish in a one on one teacher/student experience is much more motivating and enjoyable than learning in a group environment in an indoor pool. I'm so grateful I had such a wonderful teacher as Ella to make something I was fearful of an exciting and enjoyable experience. The whole stay at Moofushi was amazing, with the staff service being second to none. One other thing to add that we learnt as soon as we arrived and were extremely surprised at, was that having the all inclusive package, that also included the doctor and any meds (in my case antibiotics for a wisdom tooth deciding not to heal well) were included as well. Five days of meds, all included. Every day staff asked me how I was showing genuine concern, even the kitchen giving me my own bowl of cloves to keep to help with pain relief with everyone being extremely attentive. Moofushi is a place where you can meet other couples and have long lunches in the sun with them or have your own intimate dinners if wanting that quiet time alone. Meeting others as you go for dives off the boat or simply walking down the steps of your water villa straight into some of the most brilliant snorkelling we had ever seen in the mornings. The villas are not large but are accommodating and the two things we probably missed were a bath and a Nespresso machine. But every day our room was tended to and the fridge restocked. They even changed our Chardonnay to Sauvignon Blanc for our stay due to our preference. Sometimes in the bar after dinner, I think they could have benefit from another staff member as it sometimes seemed as if they were understaffed. But little things like that don't matter so much when overall our stay was relaxing and stress free and we forgot about everything else for 10 days ( except the World Cup which was played on a screen every night there was a game=happy hubby ). I would easily go back to Moofushi and recommend it to anyone as we were recommended it by our friends as well.

Room Tip: 137 water villa is right on the end facing the sunset each day. Was great.
5 Thank Nadine F
Chipping Norton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for our Honeymoon after an excellent recommendation from Jo at Angelfish. We got married in Mauritius the week before and had a fabulous time in an elegant and classic resort - Shanti Maurice - highly recommended!

For our Honeymoon, we decided that we wanted to go to a resort where we could completely relax in paradise and that was exactly what the Moofushi gave us. From the moment we arrived at Male we were taken to the Constance lounge to freshen up and relax with complimentary refreshments before catching the seaplane to the resort. From there we then went on a 25 minute seaplane journey directly to the hotel. This is an experience not to be missed as you get the chance to see the extent of the beautiful Maldives from the air which is incredible!

We then arrived safely at the Moofushi and were immediately met by the friendly staff who took us to reception and provided us with a lovely fresh drink and showed us around the resort as our room wasn't quite ready. The island is very well maintained and surrounded by beautiful turquoise water and soft sand. There are many reef sharks and stingray that can be seen in the waters and you have the opportunity to also feed them in the evenings from the arrival/departure area.

We had booked a Water Villa and were very fortunate to have been given one on the Sunset side (133) as there were some incredible views and also less noise from the regular seaplane landings which happen at least 4 to 5 times a day. The Water Villa to be honest was a little less refined than we had expected. The rooms are very nice but not huge and can feel quite cramped after a while, they are a little tired in places and we would have expected a bath to be an essential part of the villa and were slightly disappointed that there was only the indoor shower available. The decking area and view are lovely and provide great privacy but the steps down to the sea from the decking could do with scraping every so often as they accumulate various sea vegetation from being constantly in and out of water and can be rather slippy. The mini bar is excellent, included in the all inclusive package and re-stocked every day but an espresso machine would have been nice rather than packets of Nescafe. The rooms are cleaned very well and you have an allocated cleaner, in our case Rashad who was excellent. There doesn't appear to be a environmental towel policy - most hotels these days say that if you want fresh towels leave them on the floor, this wasn't the case at the Moofushi and unless we had asked I'm not sure we would have got clean towels, when you are in and out of the sun and sea and the humidity is high we showered almost 3 times a day and to have clean towels provide once a day I don't think is too much to ask for a 5* resort.

The food was very good and we were very impressed with the wide range of choice, options and quality available. All the chefs are friendly and happy to explain ingredients etc. to help you make your choice. The waiters are also very friendly and do an excellent job, they are occasionally a little too attentive, one night my water was filled up 6 times in 15 minutes by different waiters after a few sips, in one way its great service but at the same time a little intrusive when you're trying to have a quiet meal. The sommeliers are great, professional and know the wines very well they also are happy to work with your particular tastes but also will try and push your perceptions and taste buds, which is a good thing - thanks to the whole team led by Nash. The bars are also great and the staff friendly - Guarav mixes the best Pina Colada in the Indian Ocean and has a great sense of humour.

The Spa is excellent and they do great arrival/departure offers that are well worth while, the staff in the Spa are also absolutely lovely and particular thanks to Gladys for looking after us so well.

We had booked a honeymoon package which included a bottle of sparking wine in the room and a gift during our stay, the sparkling wine was incredibly poor, over sweet, cheap prossecco (compared to the Shanti in Mauritius which gave us a bottle of Taittinger!) and the gift never materialised!

All in all we had a lovely time at the Constance Moofushi and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, but I think the service we received at the Shanti Maurice in Mauritius and the number of excellent reviews on here for the Constance meant our expectations were very high and a small lack of attention to detail meant they weren't quite met. However, we certainly didn't let this ruin our Honeymoon and very lucky to have a week of fabulous weather.

Room Tip: For water villas, anything above 100 and an odd number will give you a sunset view and restrict nois...
3 Thank MrandMrsG2014
Lily Beach Resort & Spa
Lily Beach Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Huvahandhoo Island
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,873 reviews

Been to Constance Moofushi? Share your experiences!