Coco Bodu Hithi
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Huvafen Fushi Maldives(Huvafen Fushi Island)
  • Breakfast included
One&Only Reethi Rah(Reethirah Island)
  • Breakfast included
Summer Island Maldives(Ziyaaraifushi Island)
Makunudu Island(Makunudu Island)
Angsana Ihuru(Ihuru Island)
Baros Maldives(Baros Island)
smartline Eriyadu(Eriyadu Island)
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Grand Park Kodhipparu, Maldives(Kodhipparu Island)
1,196 results
All reviewsisland villaescape water villaprivate poolhalf boardour honeymoonstar restaurantfishlatitude barday bedmeal creditindian oceanwater residencemain restaurantbuffet restaurantsunset cruisespa treatmentsbeach bag
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was one amazing resort which exceeded our expectations. A calm island with absolute beauty and luxury.

We were given a warm welcome at the arrival jetty and immediately escorted to our rooms by friendly staff with no check-in formalities which was truly pleasing after a long journey and a slightly bumpy boat ride. The Villas are fantastic and the in-room amenities are simply great. The private pool in the Villa with a beautiful ocean view definitely helps you relax and unwind at your leisure. The snorkeling experience was unbelievable and it’s must on this island as you will find stunningly beautiful marine life and corals in abundance.

The food was great. The buffet and all the restaurants had many varieties of food to choose from. We certainly had a sumptuous feast. The staff are extremely friendly and hospitable. They indeed made us feel like we are home with their outstanding service.

We left this place with so many wonderful memories. A big THANK YOU goes out to the most friendly staff who made this holiday an unforgettable one for us.

Room Tip: Choose water Villas on the right side with odd numbers for better snorkeling sites
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Murad M
GMBODUHITHI, Director of Lifestyle at Coco Bodu Hithi, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Guests,

Very warm greetings from Coco Bodu Hithi!

I am very pleased to know that we have made your stay a holiday to remember.

We reciprocate with a huge THANK YOU too for the very kind feedback about our resort, our services and most importantly, our associates.

We hope we would have the pleasure in welcoming you back in the near future.

Our Coco regards,
Febe

Director of Lifestyle

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This review is being posted QUITE late---my husband and I were last at CPBH in August of 2011 (sorry the header says 2012--we couldn't go back any further), but I still thought it was important to pass on our experiences as returning visitors. On our first trip, we fell in love with the place, and on our second trip we were even more smitten, if that's possible! This is all down to the extraordinary welcome we were given as repeat visitors---they certainly let us know that our loyalty was appreciated.

For our second trip, we took the BA nonstop flight/Business class direct from London--although the Emirates A380 in business class is much more bling-ey, the BA one has the advantage of not having a stopover in Dubai in the middle of the night, so we arrived in a slightly better state in Male. Due to the differences in the arrival timings, we were lucky enough on this trip to be able to get straight on the transfer boat, as we didn't need to wait for any other passengers. (Although I did ask the captain to wait long enough for me to zip into one of the airport shops to buy a bathing suit for my husband---had JUST realized that I'd forgotten to pack one for him, and didn't want to take my chances in the resort shop!!! The captain cheerfully obliged and waited for that).

The 40-minute transfer was a bit more pleasant this time, either because we knew what to expect, or perhaps it was just a smoother sea. Anyway, arrival at the island was friendly and efficient--we were welcomed by staff at the jetty and taken straight to our Island Villa, which was, as requested, exactly the same villa from the previous year (which we loved). It even had a carved wooden sign on the door with our names engraved---a lovely touch! Inside were refreshing snacks, fruit, beverages, some I think not strictly part of the usual fare, but provided because we were returnees. All was very much appreciated.

In the previous year, we had not been particularly impressed with the general manager---we didn't dislike him, he just wasn't particularly hands-on. The deputy general manager was running things during our second trip (in the absence of the last GM's replacement), and I must say, the difference was like night and day, in everything from the seeming happiness of the staff and efficiency of arrangements to the sense of a genuine concern for the comfort of the resort guests. This man's name was Mr. Shaugy, and we couldn't have wished for a more friendly, attentive and efficient manager. He made dinner reservations for us, even in STARS (Club restaurant which was supposed to be exclusive to Club Water Villa guests), sent buggies to pick us up when we needed to go to the far end of the island, and made sure that we were able to get in to the restaurants and spa when we wanted to. We really liked him a lot, and I hope that the company continues to move him up the ladder---he's GREAT at his job.

Our villa was just as we remembered it (see my first review for those details), with the exception of having been spruced up with new fabric covers on the outside furniture (lovely shades of pewter/plum). We had an absolutely lovely week, many very tasty meals, complete bliss on the beach, and as many snorkeling adventures as I could fit in. There were a few things that we tried that we hadn't done the first time--

The Cinema Under the Stars experience is not to be missed! We missed it the first time (think it might have been on our first night there, and we didn't really know about it). Fantastic to loll in the sand with the sea lapping behind the screen, under the stars. Perfect, doesn't even matter what the film is!

The experience of dining at Aqua, on little platforms just big enough for one table, over the water, was just as wonderful the second time as it was the first. We chose Aqua for several of our dinners, and weren't ever disappointed.

Dining in Stars was also very pleasurable---good food, new experience, and golf cart transfers--loved it.

Did book for Breeze again (the on-the-beach pop up restaurant), although I was a little bit appalled at the sheer amount of food the first time. Still couldn't eat it all, but really enjoyed what I did manage.

We also went to Tsuki again, and found the sushi very enjoyable. It's nice to have the option, although this restaurant has a bit less in the ambiance department. We asked to sit out on the little balcony area, but were told that there was a little ant problem at that moment---ahh, mother nature! What can you do? It is the tropics, after all, and when you eat outside, you have a lot of companions.....

We tried the sunset fishing excursion, and really enjoyed it (seemed to be a better choice than the sunset cruise, which was about the same price but just involved riding around rather than doing something at the same time). I even managed to catch a fish, which they offered to cook for me--I didn't fancy that, but enjoyed catching it. Did see one of the other passengers get extremely lucky (or maybe skillful?) with his fishing--caught 2 or 3 large fish, then an octopus!!!!! (very cool to see that up close). And don't worry, the octopus and any really large fish are returned to the water, as per the laws--somebody can catch them all again!

I did do a snorkeling expedition, which was just thrilling--met a couple of other avid snorkelers from the UK who joined us for drinks later. There was a leader with us who was extremely helpful in spotting creatures we might have missed and pointing them out--saw several turtles, among other lovely things. I highly recommend booking for the snorkeling trips just as soon as you arrive---although they go several times a week, they get cancelled if there are less than 6 people signed up or if the weather is dodgy. To make sure you get to go, do book it early, so you have time to reschedule---cancellations happen a LOT.

We found that, like the first time, the breakfasts were very filling and we didn't really need lunch, so I would recommend NOT taking full board--half board is enough for us, which is what we have booked for our next trip. Air (the buffet restaurant) is very expensive if you're not on HB or FB. If, like us, you're not huge buffet fans but want to go there a couple of times, HB makes sense, as they give you a credit to spend at any of the other a la carte restaurants which will cover most of your dinner, probably. If you find you don't want a whole lunch but would like a snack, bar food at Latitude is a good option (not expensive), and room service is also not particularly expensive, Having room service on your terrace in front of your villa can be just heavenly.

We did have one entirely rainy day (not unwelcome, as I was sunburned by then), and one other day of on-and-off showers, but other than that, the August weather was perfect. Do bring DVDs from home to cover you for that possibliity---when it rains, everybody has the same idea, and you won't find a big selection to choose from. All of the electronics were the same as reported the first year--big flat screen TV (with inputs to play things from your own hard drive/ipad/computer, etc, as long as you have the right connector cable), DVD/CD player, and you can play your ipod through the sound system if you have the stereo mini-jack cable.

As far as kids go, this isn't a resort that particularly caters to them---they're not forbidden, but there is no kid's club or any other facilities for them, so you are unlikely to see many. If this matters to you, factor that in!

There is still a slight dress code in place for dinner---men need to bring long trousers, and I think they're not too keen on flip-flops at dinner either. Didn't notice anyone being called out for wearing t shirts, it's really just shorts that they're fussy about I think. (You might have to wear a sarong if you make that mistake!)

All in all, we LOVED our second holiday at Bodu Hithi, and are looking forward to going back there next month--if we get our way, we'll be back in our favorite villa and visiting all of our favorite restaurants. Even when we were leaving, we were given first class treatment--Mr. Shaugy came to see us off, and invited us back (with an upgrade, although we like the Island Villa so much that I'm not sure we'd even take him up on that!). We definitely felt pampered and looked after, and that our loyalty really meant something to CPBH.

Just to top it all off, as the speedboat neared the airport, the captain cut the engine and just waited for us to notice a school of dolphins cavorting in the water just beyond our wake (I guess he knew we'd want to see them!). A gorgeous end to a wonderful holiday--can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ksott
GMBODUHITHI, Director of Lifestyle at Coco Bodu Hithi, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Guests,

With warm greetings from Coco Bodu Hithi!

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful thoughts and feelings attesting that time has not diminished the impact of your stay with us.

I am happy to share that our Culinary team continues to wow our guests and that our Associates work with our Coco values. Since your last stay with us, we have added our very own marine biologist who divides her time between our sister resort, Dhuni Kolhu and Bodu Hithi. Chiara is invested in ensuring we all contribute to the preservation of the environment of our island, and the Maldives.

With extreme appreciation for your loyalty and looking forward to another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future (which we hope could be next month),

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Finally my dream came true by swimming with many turtles here. It's a coral haven with many other species too such as rays, eels, reef sharks and lots and lots of various types of fish. My ankles are gone for a sixer snorkeling so much. Early in the morning you can spot many turtles.

Even the land side is a true heaven with courteous staff who'd be always happy to accommodate any requests. They welcomed us and we straight away walked in to the room. No hassle of checking-in as it was done inside our room. Akram was really special from the beginning who made this trip a memorable one for us. I have been to many resorts in Maldives but haven't enjoyed a trip to this extent.

The Water villas and the Escape water villas were out of the world, from where you just get down through the ladder in to the sea. You can spot many sea creatures from the balcony as well. In room pools were fantastic to chill. We found all the basic needs were addressed fabulously.

The Air restaurant had some delicious menus and I still can't seem to forget the beef tenderloin salad, crab risotto, soursop cut pieces and the smiles of the staff. The prices were slightly high provided the factor that they literally have to import everything from all over the world as nothing grows in except for sea food. Even the Chinese set menu (soup, rise, deviled prawns, veg salad, sliced fruits) that we ordered for in room dining was yummy and it was really filling for 2 people and with taxes it was only USD49. It's highly reasonable.

Boat ride was bit too long (40 mins bumpy ride from airport) but then again if you want to avoid all the hustle and bustle of the city/airport boat traffic worth the tiny hassle. It's a serene and peaceful island.

All in all we had a frolicking time and indeed a trip to remember forever. Thanks very Bodu Hithi Staff and the Management.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rimzan H
GMBODUHITHI, Director of Lifestyle at Coco Bodu Hithi, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

It gives me great pleasure to thank you for your wonderful feedback. Yes, the Maldives truly provides its visitors an incredible marine life to enjoy.

Our biggest asset is certainly our team and your comments as always will be shared with all the associates especially those who made a lasting impression. We are very proud of our culinary team so thank you for your kind words.

We do hope that on your next trip the Maldives, we will have the pleasure to extend our hospitality once more.

With our warmest regards,

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Coco bodu hithi surpassed our expectations it was the best resort we could've chosen.
Honeymoon paradise does exist, the island is very natural and well maintained, the service was excellent and friendly, nothing was a chore to the excellent staff , the food was amazing especially in Stars, the residence was amazing and well looked after.
Overall the team made our stay the best we could've imagined and looked after us like royalty.
This resort exceeded our expectations and we will always remember the maldives.
Thanks Jonathan and the team keep the good work up, hopefully see you soon
Avtar room 602

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank AS007

Dear Guests,

I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us.

The team and I can’t thank you enough for the wonderful review which I shall share with Jonathan upon his return from his well-earned holiday.

We look forward to host another visit from you in the near future.

With Coco regards,

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Beautiful island. The island villas are so spacious and the private space with the small pool is an absolute haven. Yes, pricey, and yes, overpriced in relation to the quality of some of the food which did not always justify the price. That said, as long as you are aware of this before going then it should not come as too much of a shock when you get your final bill. I emailed the resort prior to going to ask if they could send me their menus with prices on, etc and they kindly did so.

It is a lovely place, tranquil and ideal if you need an unhurried space to relax and unwind. The snorkelling is a must - unbelievable the range of glorious fish and sea life you will see.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank H S
GMBODUHITHI, Operations Manager at Coco Bodu Hithi, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear Guests,

Warm greetings from Coco Bodu Hithi.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment of your recent stay with us at Coco Bodu Hithi.

I appreciate your feedback pertaining to the price of our cuisine and we do have a variety of options to cater for all tastes & budgets. Including a live Chinese cuisine cooking station during the day along with a snack menu at Latitude, there are of course other alternatives such as the buffet at Air restaurant and a la carte menus in the speciality restaurants.

Please feel free contact me when you wish to return it will be my pleasure to personally assist you with your reservation’s arrangements and ensure we take excellent care of you both.

Kind Regards,