“Luxurious deserted island”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cocoa Island
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Luxurious deserted island”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

My wife and I have just come back from our honeymoon which we spent on this amazing island. Right from the start the attitude and friendliness of the staff, had the immediate impact of us feeling welcome and cared for.

The meals served at the restaurant, experiences and the way the island is set-up are first class and made for a great holiday. The yoga classes are the best we have experienced and the Saturday night music was excellent.

George & Anna

2 Thank George C
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at COMO Cocoa Island, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear George and Anna
Bonsoir from Cocoa!

I hope this finds you well after your return trip back home. It has been a pleasure to have you with us recently and truly hope we will be welcoming you back next year to celebrate your first wedding anniversary!

Thank you so much for the kind comments on our team and the performers on Saturday night.

A très bientôt
Laurent

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed July 2, 2014

This is our first time visit Maldives - Cocoa Island, it's beautiful like a picture but it's real!!! We have a great experience on snorkeling, a lot of lovely fishes surrounding us. We love the baby sharks, they swam very close to us while we were walking along the beach. We also met a group of dolphin swimming back home during sunset, it's like we were watching dolphin shows.. but it's different, not only one or two, but almost thirty jumped, flipped very fast. It's our luck that we met them by chance. For us, we feel that if we stay still a little bit, wait a little bit, we will see some lovely creatures greeting us during our visit.

People are also very nice and cheerful, we can feel that on their smiling face, welcoming us on their island with superb service. It's our nice experience and we love to be there again...
We love Maldives, we love Cocoa..

5 Thank Sanchai K
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at COMO Cocoa Island, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Sawadee Kub Khun Sanchai
Greetings from sunny Cocoa!

I am ever so pleased to hear you have enjoyed our underwater surroundings and that the dolphins put on a special show during your visit!
I am sure our team will be thrilled to hear your feedback and will surely encourage us to continue our effort for service excellence.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cocoa Island by Como very soon!

Laurent Sola
Reviewed July 1, 2014

My husband and I planned a 7-day stay at Cocoa Island and it turned out that 7 days are just not enough. We enjoyed every single moment on this beautiful and tranquil island. As most of the reviews mentioned, we hardly saw any other guests except for meal times and some group activities. Here are the things we enjoyed most (practically everything):
1. Massage: very relaxing and excellent service from the staff
2. Night snorkeling: we got to see quite a couple of lion fish, lobster, eel
3. Catamaran snorkeling: love the catamaran sail and the marine life is great
4. Sunset fishing: 2 hours seem so short while you try to outwit the fish
5. Food
a. breakfast is awesome with a wide selection; like the eggs royale, golden waffle, French toast and even the steamed vegetables were nice
b. dinner: the themed dinners Thali and Thai were interesting in particular
6. House reef snorkeling: a large number of fish and even saw a sea turtle
7. Aquatherapy pool: relaxing and not to mention, most of time we were the only ones there

We are already thinking of visiting again next year. Thanks to all the staff for their excellent service!

Room Tip: Choose the loft if you want more space for living room area. Rooms with larger numbers (except 1001...
3 Thank Yuanwen H
Dear Yuanwen H
Greetings from sunny Cocoa!
Thank you so much for the very special review on your recent holidays with us. I am very happy to hear you have enjoyed our surroundings and everything Cocoa has to offer from our hydrotherapy pool to all our food & beverage varieties.
Thank you again for your patronage and we all look forward to welcoming you back next year!
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 24, 2014

My husband, three children and I just spent 4 nights there. The service, food, facilities were excellent. The Island itself was breath taking and we truly had a wonderful time. We were lucky enough to have a butler assigned to look after us. His name was Muru and he helped make our stay all the more special, he could not do enough to ensure we well looked after. The management on the island are lucky to have such a great member on their team. Thank you Muru and to all the staff at Cocoa Island. We will be back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Ruth704
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at COMO Cocoa Island, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Ruth704
Greetings from sunny Cocoa!
Thank you so much for this wonderful review and for the praise towards our team and our Senior Butler Muru.Leading by example, he also has trained many members of our team to ensure guests are the top priority and to anticipate needs and exceed expectations.
We are indeed ever so fortunate to have such a talented gentlemen working with us and providing a meaningful experience to all our esteemed guests.
We all remain at your service and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon on our beautiful island.
Singapore
Reviewed June 24, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at Cocoa Island by Como and, while a bit apprehensive with the price at first, were blown away the moment we got picked up at the airport. We (in the dark) traversed the 40 minute speedboat trip to the island and were greeted by ridiculously clear water, wildlife all around, and an amazing beach resort set-up. I don't know if I blinked for 4 days straight and I can say that this island stay was worth every penny. It is very helpful that it is a boatride away and the boat is always accessible (because islands that you need to take a sea-plane to only operate during the day which makes flight-->flight planning a hassle.)

The food was great (Eggs Benedict was superb), the service was phenomenal (and just the conversations with the staff were worth the whole trip), the nature was beautiful (black-tipped reef sharks, sea turtles, fish all over the place) and the activities were great (sea fishing, windsurfing, snorkling.)

This is a truly special place... Please do yourself a favor and visit.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jason T
Laurent_Sola, General Manager at COMO Cocoa Island, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Jason T
Greetings from sunny Cocoa! I hope this finds you well and that your trip back home was enjoyable.
Many thanks for the comments you have made on our team and I am ever so glad to hear you have enjoyed your vacations to the fullest.
I surely look forward to welcoming you back on our beautiful island very soon!

Laurent Sola
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stayed for 10 nights and I most say that the service at this hotel was impeccable. I have been traveling all my life and working in the hotel industry for over 10 years and I have to say this was the most magical experience I have ever had (apart from Como Shambala estate in Bali) The attention to detail and caring nature of the staff blew us away. Nothing was too much trouble and even when we had very minor observations they were rectified immediately no questions asked. The Restaurant Manager was an amazing host and Audrey in Reservations and Hotel Reception is a true star she made sure we were well looked after all the way.

Room Tip: All rooms have great views but the loft villas were our favourites as you get more sense of space an...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wdcr
Dear wdcr
Bonjour from Cocoa!
Thank you so much for the kind words and praise towards our restaurant manager Chris (Now stationed at Como Shambhala Estate in Bali) and our Front Office Manager Audrey who contributed to your meaningful experience at Cocoa Island by COMO.
I thank you again for your patronage and hope to welcoming back on your island very soon!
Shanghai, China
Reviewed June 20, 2014

It's been exactly twelve days since our family left Cocoa Island, and now that we have properly went through the five stages of nostalgia, I will try to write a honest review that will hopefully make you realize there is no better place in the Maldives than Cocoa Island.

I would like to begin by thanking Muru, our butler, for taking such wonderful care of our family. From the first moment we met at the airport til' we finally bid our goodbyes, he went above and beyond to accomondate our every request. There are plenty of stunning properties throughout Maldives, but I believe Cocoa is made special because of employees like Muru, someone who enjoys his job and truly gives a damn.

We stayed at the Sunset COMO villa and it is worth every penny. From the complimentary speedboat transfer to the personal butler service, the private sundeck to the full service kitchen, it is the ultimate suite for family and friends. Because our kids are too young for many of the excursions, we spent a lot of time in and around the spacious villa and were never once bored. Here I would like to note, during this season beware of strong winds and rough waves from the southwestern direction, which is where the sunset villa is located. For calmer waters opt for the villas on the eastern side of the island. Also there are two nearby islands in front of the sunset villa, for uninterrupted ocean view again go for the sunrise villa. This is information I wish I would've known prior to booking.

Don't worry about the lack of restaurant options on the island, the kitchen staff at Ufaa will not disappoint, they have a wide selection of menu items to satisfiy whatever style of cuisine you are craving. Let's just say even our nine month old daughter put on a couple pounds after returning from Cocoa. Note: I do feel the seafood buffet is overpriced @ $140 per person plus surcharge, and the quality of food does suffer because it is a buffet. But hey, you're on an island, it is a special occasion, just go for it.

We strongly recommend the COMO Shambala Spa. Do schedule a session as soon as you arrive, it will drive away the weariness from all your travels and prepare you for the bliss that is ahead.

Sunset Fishing is a blast in everyway - the experience; the scenery; the excitement; and finally the spoil. For what it's worth, personally I think this excursion is underpriced.

Snorkling was good enough for us. The reefs around our Villa seem dead so there weren't many fish around, but walk to the private jetty and you will find plently of action in the water. During night time we saw a turtle and numerous stingrays swam by. I wish there are feeding sessions organized by the hotel so we could take our kids for a closer view of these amazing marine animal. We did not go for scuba diving.

Two additional suggestions:

1)There has to be a better route to take arriving guests from the jetty to their villas than walking through the little alleyway by the BOH and kitchen area, especially at night. First impression is everything, and having air vents blowing hot air into your guest's face definitely will not leave a good impression.
2)The Spa treatment rooms is situated too close to the boat docks. Unfortunately a refueling boat was operating by the dock during my treatment session. The noise was constant and really loud, like someone jackhammering right outside the room. However, I must also mention, the issue was solved promptly and satisfactorily by the Spa manager. Maybe for the future better coordination between the Spa and dock operation could avoid this conumdrum.

Nothing is perfect, but Cocoa Island is the closest thing to paradise. I know it isn't a complete review without mentioning the natural beauty of Cocoa, but I'm going to leave that for you to discover on your own.The scale of the island is just right for an immersive experience. You won't feel flusterd, you won't feel rushed, Cocoa is genuine. You just have to be there in person.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank GChen7
Dear GChen7
Greetings from sunny Cocoa!
I can’t thank you enough for the wonderful review you are sharing with us today! I am delighted to hear you have been enjoying our island to great extend and I will share your wonderful thoughts with our team.
I also wanted to thank you for the praise towards Muru, who certainly is a role model working with genuine creativity, passion and style.
I have well noted your comments concerning your arrival as well as the inconvenience you have faced during your spa treatment and I apologize for failing to deliver our usual service level on both counts.
I truly look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back on our beautiful island and remain at your disposal at anytime.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cocoa Island
Naladhu Private Island Maldives
Naladhu Private Island Maldives
#1 of 1 in Naladhu Island
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
Anantara Veli Maldives Resort
Velassaru Maldives
Velassaru Maldives
#1 of 1 in Velassaru Island

Been to COMO Cocoa Island? Share your experiences!