9 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com$183
Trip.com$181
Lol.travel$211
2,126 results
All reviews west side curries room boy our waiter eagle rays fish rooms are basic biyadhoo island no shoes dive school octopus sea life great reef black tip sharks dolphin trip excellent diving ground floor
Selected filters
Reviewed April 3, 2021 via mobile

Arrival:
On arrival at Male Airport we headed to the arrivals hall where after doing a few circles searching for the right shuttle desk, we gave up and asked for help from one of the friendly Airport welcome hosts who showed us to the correct desk. The transfer guy took out details and then asked us to wait for around 30 mins whilst a few more guests arrived so he could take us all together. We were lucky to have received an offer when booking that gave us a free one way transfer saving us around £180. The boat transfer was great it allowed us to see Male on our way as well as the many other resorts. On arrival at the resort we were given a warm welcome from their team and a friendly lady guided us to our room and provided us with our key.

The Room:
Our room perfect, it was located on the west side of the island on the ground floor, from our patio door the beach was immediately accessible. The room was spacious and clean, they had provided us with complimentary Covid face masks and a welcome coconut each. The bed was comfortable and large enough for me and my partner to spread out. Throughout our stay the room was always kept clean by the roomboy, he always decorated the bed with origami towels and as a special surprise on my birthday he provide me with a bottle of wine and dressed the bed with the words happy birthday.

The Restaurant:
Before coming to the Island I was unsure whether we’d still be served a buffet but on arrival we found out the all meals were a la carte, I was a slight bit disappointed as I really enjoy all inclusive buffets and was looking forward to this, fortunately the island has an amazing chef who created some of the most delicious and most well presented meals I’ve ever had. Our waiter Moussa worked really hard to make our visits to the restaurant enjoyable, when I pointed out I’d like a table by the window he wasn’t able to provide one on our first night but he told us he’d sort us with one as soon as one became available and true to his word he did. Each morning Moussa would bring us a large selection of food to our table without us even having to ask. Our usual breakfast would consist of French toast, pastries, pancakes and then a choice of either a cooked breakfast or as I’m a vegetarian a choice of poached, fried or boiled eggs or a vegetable omelette, along with baked beans and potato wedges. Lunches and dinners were usually a rotation of meals, I made the chef aware I’m a vegetarian and loved curries so each day I was provided with 2 different curries that would change each day, along with the occasional vegetarian noodle dish, the starters usually consisted of either a soup or salad and the dessert would usually a cake or a fruit pudding which were alway very well presented and tasty. When it was my birthday I asked if it would be possible to have a pizza to eat on the beach and the chef kindly did one for me, along with creating a delicious vegetarian dish for my dinner. The whole restaurant team went above and beyond to make my birthday unforgettable and magical, Moussa decorated a lovely candle lit table outside for us and to my surprise at the end of our dinner the chef and the waitering team brought out an amazing birthday cake and sand me a Maldivian birthday song as well as the traditional happy birthday song.

The Island & Reef
The island is incredible, I have travelled all over the world and I’d definitely call this place paradise, everything is so relaxed, it doesn’t feel packed like some resorts as there’s always a spot to relax away from others. When walking around the island the staff always greet you when passing and I really enjoyed meeting the groundsman who provided me with fresh coconut to drink. The reef although bleached close to the beach is beginning to recover further out, on my first day I was able to swim with turtles which was amazing, on other days I swam with sharks, some the size of a dog others past the reef seemed to be close to 6 foot long which at first was slightly unnerving but after a short time I realised they were no threat and was able to get some amazing go pro videos of them passing close by. I also really enjoyed seeing the clown fish, angle fish, parrot fish, the friendly unicorn fish, string rays, eels and the cheeky trigger fish. The amount of nature found on the island is astonishing both in the sea and on land, each day I spotted something different, some of my highlights on land were the flying fox bat, the friendly resident heron, the hermit crabs and the island chickens. I especially enjoyed our evenings where’s we’d head down to the pier to watch the staff feeding the huge nurse sharks.

Advise:
If your visiting here whether on holiday or for the day from another island the please respect the coral and the sea life, it’s not ok to walk over the coral, the amazing creatures you see won’t be there much longer if you continue to damage the coral. On one particular day I spotted a group of tourists walking all over the coral where the clown fish were, this could have easily destroyed their home. Please don’t be so selfish, if you can’t swim then use a floatation devise and keep your feet off the coral.

Final Thoughts:
I feel extremely privileged to have been able to visit such a beautiful island at an affordable price, I really hope they continue to offer holidays here at an affordable price as I’ll definitely look to visit again in the future. As a same sex couple we were made to feel welcome, safe and treated equally to all other guests. All the staff went above and beyond to make our holiday a magical experience and I’m extremely grateful for that.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank kurti5
Coco Collection, Owner at Biyadhoo Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2021

Dear kurti5

Let me start off by thanking you for taking the time to share your experience at Biyadhoo Island Resort. Thank you so much for such a wonderfully detailed review of your stay with us. I am glad that you chose to stay at Biyadhoo Island Resort.

The team at Biyadhoo is one of the things that sets Biyadhoo apart from the rest. The team members are self-motivated and always willing to go the extra mile to make sure that the guests have a truly phenomenal time at Biyadhoo Island resort. Thank you for the wonderful compliments.

We are honored and flattered by your kind feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Biyadhoo shortly

With warmest island greetings,

Reviewed March 30, 2021 via mobile

Biyadhoo Island is a slice of paradise in the South Male Atoll . It's a 40 minutes ride by speed boat from the International Airport . The boat ride over the mesmerizing waters is an amazing experience and we were lucky to spot a couple of very large dolphins enjoying a play date !!!
The Biyadhoo Island resort is a little gem . The natural beauty , the different shades of the predominantly turquoise water, the pristine white sandy beaches, the most enchanting coral reef resplendent with a variety of amazing marine life, the dense forest , the quaint Coco bar , the squeaky clean meandering pathways make life on this magical island truly idyllic.
However, the resort is quite basic and the rooms and amenities could do with some refurbishing and a makeover . The staff at the reception could be a little more forthcoming and help first time visitors to find their feet . We had to constantly ask various questions about the activities available on the island, the events if any , to look forward to etc . Also since the water sports is out sourced the reception could not guide us well . So we had to trek to the water sports centre to try and figure out what was available . We found this quite irksome as there was no one to guide us at all. We were pretty much on our own and by the time we could figure out everything it was time for us to leave ! So I would recommend a little more of interaction with the guests, handing out a leaflet containing a list of amenities and activities and some basic house rules .
Having said that we were quite impressed by the way our departure was taken care of . It was seamless despite the mandatory Covid test that we had to get done 72 hours prior to our departure . Our bills were cleared on time, our Speed boat was ready and our luggage was collected and stored on board very efficiently .
Must make a mention of the guys who served us gourmet food at the cafeteria and exotic cocktails at the bar . They were very helpful and cheerful . It was always service with a winsome smile !!
Will definitely visit again !!

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Hattrick55
Coco Collection, Owner at Biyadhoo Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2021

Dear Hattrick55

Greetings and Maruhabaa for your charming description of your stay with us at Biyadhoo Island resort. Your experience is very important to us and we are always happy to hear feedback from our valuable customers.

We are deeply sorry that your experience with reception did not meet your expectations. Due to covid19, room compendium and other related menus, activities lists and information's are digitalized and can be accessed through a QR code, provided on arrival with a welcome letter.

All of our team members are true to the founding principles of providing extraordinary service. I am especially proud of our team who made your time with us so memorable including your restaurant waiter and bar waiter.

Thank you once again, for the kind words, and we are looking forward to welcome you back on our beautiful island soon again.

With warmest island Greeting

Reviewed March 23, 2021 via mobile

Biyadhoo is one of beautiful maldivian’s island resort.It has dense forest.Island Plus point is its natural beauty. It is not in race of water villas,gym,pool etc.This makes it unique. This island is very clean,thanks to laborious staff. Restaurant staff is very attentive.they allocate your’s seat. Reception staff is very cooperative specifically their supervisor.Watersports activities are nice. Dolphin watching tour is awesome .corona Rt-PCR test facility available in resort.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank RakeshC629
Coco Collection, Owner at Biyadhoo Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2021

Dear Rakesh C

Greetings from Biyadhoo Island Resort! Our entire team was delighted to read your wonderful compliments. Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a phenomenal review following your recent stay in our beautiful island.

It is an immense pleasure and a great honor that you have chosen Biyadhoo amongst all the resorts in the Maldives and I am pleased that you have very much enjoyed all the experiences.

Biyadhoo is well known for its privacy and personalized service and our team always seeking every possible opportunity to excel the guest experience and provide an exceptional service to all our guests. I am delighted that you had an amazing stay at our beautiful island

Thank you very much for this amazing and detailed feedback for us and future guests. On behalf of the whole team, we are all very much looking forward to seeing you again within a not too distant future and we wish you all the best until then!

With warmest island greetings

Reviewed February 4, 2021

Biyadhoo is a treasure, the island is beautiful and green, has a beautiful beach. The house reef is amazing with such a variety of fish and the coral is beginning to recover. It is so wonderful to walk into the water and swim such a short distance to the outside of the reef. There is no waiting for a boat to take you somewhere, it's there on your doorstep.
Yes, the rooms are simple but clean, they don't have televisons, but the Indian Ocean is enough to look at.
The food is excellent and tries to cater to all tastes. If you have a problem with the food then speak to your waiter and the head chef will come to your table to help you ande even cook special meals for you.
All the staff are very friendly without being intrusive. It is very difficult to pick out certain members of staff but Abu, Helal, Rajkumar, Sithik in the bar (I cannot remember all the names and have put them in alphbetical order) were so kind and thoughtful to me.
Jobe and his staff in the restaurant were friendly and helpful. Jobe looked aftr me in January and Moosa in November. There is always a Good morning, how did you sleep and they listen to your comments.
Now, with regard to the Coco dive centre. I visited the island in November 2020 (by the way my fifth visit) and decided to do a trial dive, I was smitten and at the age of 70 I achieved my Scuba Diver certificate with Shafiu as my instructor. I returned in January and achieved my Open Water Diver certificate with Nasif as my instructor. I cannot say how impressed I am by their friendliness, patience and encouragement.
Due to Covid the island has had problems but they have overcome them incredibly well. When the number of guests dropped they changed the food service to set menu and it truly was a fine dining experience.
A review has been put on here saying that the other guests were not friendly to a solo traveller, well all I can say is that everyone spoke to me, people invited me to join them for dinner or in the bar or on the beach on both my visits, I am still in touch with a lot of them.
This is a piece of paradise, with welcoming staff all at a reasonable price for the Maldives.
But, please don't tell everyone otherwise I will never be able to stay there again as it will be fully booked, as it often is due to the excellent diving and house reef.
I shall be returning as soon as I can.

Date of stay: January 2021
3  Thank Newbiediver756
Coco Collection, Owner at Biyadhoo Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2021

Dear Addeictedtoholidays

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this kind review of your stay at Biyadhoo Island Resort. I am most thrilled that we were able to provide you an exceptional service and that your experience with us was amazing. It is wonderful to know that you loved all aspects of your stay, also that you explored most of we have to offer and found it all outstanding.

We wish to Thank you for your 5 star rating and sharing this beautiful review. We will be sure to share your encouraging remark with the team especially the individuals you mentioned; and no doubts they will be excited to see their names on Trip Advisor.

It will be our utmost pleasure to be welcoming you again in another occasion.

With Warmest Island Greetings,

Reviewed January 22, 2021 via mobile

Outside the resort, the beach was nice and the resort looked fine. Upon arrival, it didn’t take us long for our expectations to be dashed. They asked us to pay for the full stay upfront which we did. Now I can understand why.

Upon entering the bedroom, the room was not just extremely tired and falling apart, but areas were also very dirty. Our drawers, fridge were all dirty and in a state of severe disrepair!

The food was barely edible and was extremely
limited in choice. Again the seats were hard, the service non existent.

We enquired about the diving. Having seen it was available before we booked, we were disappointed when we were told it was fully booked. It then became apparent every day, when the dive instructor was around morning and afternoon, that he wasn’t taking anyone out at all and he used the same excuse of being fully booked to everyone. I then had a look
on the PADI website and could not see that they were approved anymore!

This hotel to make it worse attracts a lot of very noisy guests whose main aim is to get drunk and have lots of selfies.

I would have been happier at home but fortunately after this experience on a day, we joined a lovely boat away from this resort and had a lovely holiday.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank 138Maika
Coco Collection, Owner at Biyadhoo Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2021

Dear 138Maika

Thank you for the thoughts that you have shared regarding your stay in our resort. The feedback that you have provided after your stay with us is essential for us so that we can continuously improve our services.

we are deeply sorry that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. please be assured that the problems you mentioned will be shared with our team and we will endeavor to rectify them in the shortest time

I would hope that you will choose our resort again for your next visit to the Maldives, and get to remedy your disappointing experience from your last stay with a true dream holiday.

Kind Regards,