Adaaran Prestige Water Villas
Adaaran Select Meedhupparu(Meedhupparu Island)
$274
Reethi Faru Resort(Filaidhoo)
$165
$160
  • Beachfront
Dhigufaru Island Resort(Dhigu faru Island)
$338
$225
  • Breakfast included
Anantara Kihavah Maldives Villas(Kihavah Huravalhi)
$997
$1,325
Hotels.com
$890
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspersonal butlerglass floorwater villaour honeymoonmain resortdinner on the beachday bedmaldivian breakfastgolf buggyfishprivate beachout of this worldsea planebutler servicespecial thanksinfinity poolstairs leading
Reviewed May 10, 2012

What can I say apart from AMAZING! I can't find a single fault and I can't wait to return with my daughter!
From arrival to departure everything was perfect, the villa was spacious clean and everything we expected it to be. Staff were very attentive, and our butler Barath organised everything from excursions to dinner on the beach efficiently, thank you.
The food (complements to the chef) was out of this world, I coudn't wish for any better!
I can't wait to rebook

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Helen P
DSalgado, Resident Manager at Adaaran Prestige Water Villas, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2012

Appreciated your comments, I am very happy to know that you really enjoy your holiday with us and I hope see you soon in our island again.

Don’t forget send an email telling me when you will book you’re your next visit rm.mir@adaaran.com.mv

Reviewed May 3, 2012

Me and my wife spent 1 week for our honeymoon at Adaaran water villas (April 21 - 27th 2012)
Our travels up until male airport were very exhausting and troubled due to where we were traveling from(20+ hours.. With roughly 2 hours of sleep). When we arrived at the adaaran counter in Male airport the receptionist gave us a warm greeting and personally took our bags and escorted us to check-in our baggage. After dealing with many stresses to get to the Maldives this was such a lift.
Once on the island the great service only got better. The staff figuratively put us into bed and tucked us in. That's how homely they made our villa and our general stay feel right at home from the get go. Our personal butler Asif made the trip for me and my wife absolutely stress free. Asif was like a ninja... He would show up at unexpected but much needed times. He also did all the big things for us and the little things from setting up all of our excursions to looking at a cut on my wife's ankle late at night. (The wife nagged to me about needing peroxide for her cut for a good hour). He was truly a blessing and he never made it feel like he was doing his job out of necessity. The fine dining restaurant was all inclusive and excellent. The variety and setup is truly 5 star and outstanding. Kolum the main chef is excellent and he personally would speak with us several times throughout our stay. The staff also setup something very nice for my birthday... Completely out of surprise!

I bring up these examples and I could probably write 20 for each day we stayed...
The reason I focus so much on the staff is because A.)there are plenty of pictures of the resort... and B.)It is in the maldives so finding an ideal visual paradise island to spend holiday is very difficult since there are so many to choose from.

In summary,
you have 5 star hotels but how many do you truly know have 5 star staff/helpful and genuine people?

This is one of them without a doubt

Room Tip: Rooms 814 and greater are furthest from fine dining restaurant
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aaron E
DSalgado, Resident Manager at Adaaran Prestige Water Villas, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

I am very glad to know you gad a fantastic holidays. I am very confident saying that all the staff in Adaaran Prestige Water Villas are giving a really 5 stars service, you can find great hotels around the world, but usually you feel just another guest, we really try and I personally think that here our guest doesn’t fell to be just another guest, all my team(butlers, guest relations, waiters, guest relations, gardeners, room boys, chef…) try to make every single guest special, because in Adaaran Prestige Water Villas we think that all the small details make the difference and never anything is too much trouble for any of my staff member and without forget that all of them do everything with a great smile.

Thank you for appreciate all the work that my team is doing always for give a memorable holidays to everyone in our resort.

I Hope see you again here in our Prestige property and don’t forget to send me an email before come back rm.mir@adaaran.com.mv

David (Resident Manager)

Reviewed April 21, 2012

Every now and then my husband and I have a little 'moment' where we remember something from our honeymoon in the Adaaran Prestige Water Villas and almost cry over the fact that we're not there anymore.........
If you are looking for a luxurious escape from a busy, crowded, smog ridden lifestyle then look no further, as this place is just that. The 'no shoes, no news' culture was gladly welcomed by us newlyweds, and we spent two weeks in pure heaven.
Our butler Ashfaan was professional, friendly and unassuming. He made sure we knew everything which was going on around the island and was there with his golf buggy to drive us to our massages. The villas are spacious and spotless. We ate breakfast on our terrace every morning without fail, brought to us for no extra charge by Ashfaan. The mini bar was also all inclusive and re-filled daily.
The infinity pool was idyllic, and it was rare there were more than two other people, if any, sharing the poolside with us as we sunbathed, swam and read. Guests from the other side of the island are not allowed into the water villas area, which helped ensure total tranquility.
The restaurant staff were extremely professional, friendly and attentive - goodness knows how they remembered all those food courses and drink orders without writing it down! We experienced high class silver service from all staff and at every meal. The food was of the standard of a top 5* restaurant in the UK, if not better. Honestly, I took pictures of nearly all of it as it was so impressive! Like the infinity pool, the beach area near the water villas was almost deserted, allowing for total relaxation. The water villa gardens are beautifully kept and lovely to wander around. All the staff you meet work very hard and are polite and courteous.
I am not a keen swimmer, and so I only snorkelled as far as I could still stand up if necessary. Turned out you did not need to go any further than the water villa restaurant (underneath which a family of nurse sharks and rays live) and the villas to see an amazing array of reef life. Truly memorable stuff.

We had a wedding blessing on the beach near the infinity pool. This was really really lovely, and we were accompanied then on a cruise round the island by the Maldivian drummers. We then had a five course lobster meal on the beach, surrounded by all the beautiful decorations we had at our ceremony.

Brief mention re other side of the island:

When staying in the water villas there is no real need to venture to the other side of the island......but if you do:
The Chavana spa is simply true bliss. What a beautiful, peaceful place to have a massage. Staff are highly skilled and treatments totally relaxing.
The main bar: ok for a bit of a change or if you fancy getting a bit more 'lively', but after the tranquility of the water villas we found the main bar and main beaches too busy and crowded for us! The evening entertainment usually consisted of two ladies and guy on keyboards singing what they think holidaymakers want to hear: Abba and such cheesy nonsense. They were kind of a 'so bad it's funny' act, but there's no way we could have tolerated suffering that every night if we had been staying in the beach villas. However, the Maldivian Drumming entertainment was fantastic - made you want to dance all night long, don't miss it.
What I will say is that you can unfortunately hear the dull thud of the nightly music over in the water villas until it finishes at about 11. The air conditioning drowns it out but you can hear it on the terrace and around the general water villas area. Not a major gripe, though.
In our view, there is a clear quality difference between the two sides of the island - and if you're going to spend the money needed to visit the island in the first place, I would definitely recommend spending that extra to stay in the water villas. I would go back to the water villas on Meedhupparu in an instant, but if my choice was limited to only the beach villas I would probably try somewhere else.

I really cannot say enough good things about Adaaran Prestige Water Villas. I sit and dream about being back there, and if someone offered me the chance I'd fly back tomorrow. Paradise is here........

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Stephanie K
DSalgado, Resident Manager at Adaaran Prestige Water Villas, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Thank you very much for your comments and hopefully you will back.

It is very glad for my team and my self to know that you got a great holidays.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

This really was the most perfect holiday in every way.The attention to detail and the wonderful staff made our holiday truly amazing.We were met off the sea plane and taken via golf buggy to the water villa. We were given cool towels and a refreshing drink before we were met by our butler Ashfaan. We then went to the villa and it really was a wow moment. The rooms were very big with views out to the crystal clear sea. We had a bottle of champagne opened for us as Ashfaan informed us about everything we needed to know. The rooms were cleaned twice a day and your bed turned down with chocolates left for you at night. The rooms were immaculate. The restaurant had tables outside next to the sea where you could watch the numerous fish and baby sharks swim by. Our main waiter was called Hammed, he was lovely and was always smiling. The food was fabulous, like eating in a top restaurant every night. The main bar man was called Gavin and he did a really great job. He was very attentive always remembering what you would drink and was always nearby with a top up. The cocktails were the best i have every had, all made with premium brands (try the mai tai) i loved them even though i don't normally like the spirits that were in them (very odd) Also we must mention Abdulla another of the waiters who was also great. They were very attentive without being intrusive. They could remember your five courses without having to write anything down. We were very impressed. We would walk around the island in the afternoon and have an ice cold beer on the beach. The main bar on the other side of the island was also very nice if you fancied a change but the cocktails were not a patch on the ones at the villa. We had been spoilt ! Every person we met was so lovely from gardeners to the pool attendant, We had the pool to ourselves nearly every day, it was beautiful with fresh towels layed out,.They even replaced them if you left for a while. The beach was gorgeous, again we had it all to ourselves. We felt like we were on a desert island. I really couldn't fault this holiday in any way. The staff really work hard and nothing was too much trouble for them. They even had the restaurant open for us the day we left at 6 am. We were taken to the sea plane and they shook our hands and thanked us and then stayed to wave us off. I hope they know that all their hard work is appreciated and for us it really was the holiday of a life time.

Room Tip: We were nearer to the middle.The ones on the end can see either the restaurant or the busier beach on the other side.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Barbara186402
DSalgado, Resident Manager at Adaaran Prestige Water Villas, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2012

We feel really glad to know that you got a great holiday with us; we try always to give the best experience ever to every single guest giving a personal and friendly service.

I would like to give you our most sincerely thank from all my team and myself, and we hope see you back here in our island

Reviewed March 30, 2012

we had our honeymoon in adaaran prestige water villas and we never disappointed.
as a traveller I'm a bit hard guest so I investigated about this hotel very much. And I'm so happy that we choosed it.
if you want to be away from everyone and everything, without any kid noise, this is the best hotel you can choose.
this is one of the least hotel which the island has nothing more than the hotel. the whole island is yours :)
the stairs directly from your room terrace to the sea,makes you feel that you are the only owner of the sea..
since there is only 20 rooms, its really quite and peaceful. I can recommend this hotel to the ones, who want to be away from crowd and noise. Everything is prepared just for you.
and the butler service... the perfect thing that you can have in such a holiday :)
he arranges everything for you: your breakfast, dinner, any excursion you want, any thing you want, need...
you feel yourself as king&queen.
I definitely recommend it and would like to go again..

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ko-zu10

Thank you very much for your comments.

We understand that every guest who is coming to our Prestige Water Villas has a very high expectation and in our Prestige Water Villas we don’t only offer an accommodation, we offer and experience and all the staff know and they always try to do everything that is in our hand with his best smile.
It is very glad to know that you got the great experience that we always try to make feel to everyone who came to here.

Thank you very much again from all Prestige Water Villas Team.