“Overnighter”
Review of The Jolly Sailor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Maldon
The Jolly Sailor
Ranked #8 of 11 Maldon B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Never been to Maldon before, went for the day and night to de-stress, and my stay in Maldon and at the Jolly sailor did it. The staff, were welcoming, helpful and caring. The food was wholesome and reasonably priced. The music in the bar was excellent, and found myself knowing each track!, and i heard nothing when i went to bed. The beers on offer were good and cheaper to what i am used to. They offer a daily fixed 2 hours in the evening, where a pint would be £3. The rooms were clean, spacious, lovely and warm, and overall comfortable for one night or longer. Happy that i stayed here and will return

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for The Jolly Sailor

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The room I had at this hotel was lovely, nicely decorated and clean. The staff were amazingly friendly and very polite and nice.
The only problem I experienced while staying here was that I could hear all the noise from the pub below, and as most pubs open until after 11pm, I couldn’t get to sleep. I also experienced problems with the plumbing system, if someone in one of the other rooms flushed their toilet (or maybe down stairs in the pub), the toilet pump in my room would go off (making a suction noise), this wouldn’t have been a problem if I was staying away on holiday but I was away for a business meeting and had to be up very early the next morning. I'm quite a light sleeper so don’t let this deter you if your not, I’m just giving my opinion.

In summary a friendly, nice hotel, which i recommend if your not a light sleeper.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gemi1985
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Off the cuff stayed at the Jolly Sailor the weekend before Halloween. The staff behind the bar were very good, attentive, helpful and genuine wanted to make the stay a pleasure. The room overlooked the river and was excellent, the food was very good and overall a great place to stay...so much so, we booked again for the following halloween party and had a great time. When in Maldon, this has to be the place to visit for a genuine friendly welcome and a fantastic place to stay...marvelous.

Room Tip: Go for the front, great views to wake up to...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Stayed two nights at the Jolly Sailor a 17th century Inn, it serves very good real ale, the room we were in was very comfortable,the staff were help and friendly , I had a full breakfast which was not greasy, the pub was clean and the bar food is very good, they also have a bird aviary

Room Tip: Parking is limited to hours in the peak season
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We were in Maldon today and were looking for somewhere to have our lunch, we came across the Jolly Sailor, after observing customers eating lunch in the Pub Garden we decided to join them, on the whole the food was good value for money but we waited over an hour for toasted sandwiches and chips. I did go to a member of staff to complain and she did apologise and say because of the amount of people they had been so busy over the lunch time period and it was the Bank Holiday weekend, anyhow we waited a further 10mins and the food came out and I must say it was well worth waiting for.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Teresa C
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The Jolly Sailor B&B was a perfect little getaway. Me and my partner stayed just the one night, and we enjoyed our time at Hythe Quay in Maldon.

The room was basic but very comfortable, and felt very homely. Nice towels, tea & coffee facilities and little added touches of complimentary soap and shower gels. The bed was comfortable, and we had a good night sleep. We felt the price of the room was appropriate and inclusive to that was a full english breakfast. Very nice too I must add!

The management and all the team for that matter were fantastic, especially considering it was a blistering hot day and they were very busy, they still made us feel very welcome.

On another note, check out the aviary, we had visited twice before and missed the birds. It was very nice waking up to their chirping!!

Would certainly return.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nick C
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Very nice place to stay John and I stayed for one night would love to stay longer.The food was great.Our room was called George Smeed,all rooms are named after the local sailing barges,a lovely room,very bright and modern and clean,looked out over the Hythe Quay. Have been told there is a mud race on the 29th April.Hope to come back for that.Thanks all staff for all your kindness.Hope to see you all for the mud race, PS I will not be taking part,Just an on looker Cheers
Pearl and John

Room Tip: Choose the front the view is great
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pearl E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maldon
The Limes
Hanson House
Hanson House
#1 of 1 in Heybridge
Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester Five Lakes
Crowne Plaza Resort Colchester F...
#1 of 1 in Tolleshunt Knights
The Bull at Great Totham
The Bull at Great Totham
#1 of 1 in Great Totham

Been to The Jolly Sailor? Share your experiences!